Author Topic: The Maw  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
The Maw
« on: March 11, 2009, 05:52:17 am »
As usual when I see an independently developed title I just have to check it out, the Maw is a very short and quite simple game, you start of in a cage in a science lab surrounded by all kinds of odd creatures, one of them is a little mouth creature, and upon escaping the facility you discover an armband that allows you to interact with various objects, and keep Maw on a leash, the object of the game is to feed Maw as much as humanly possible, the more he feeds the larger he grows, and when he eat certain special animals like a fire "dog?", he will absorb the properties of that animal and be able to use it to solve the various puzzles.

Thats basically it, the graphics arent spectacular but they are very clean with a destinct artstyle, but the game is fun, short but fun, especially considering its only a tenner on steam and EA didnt wrap their greasy paws all over it, Im not sure how much replay value it has since the story is very linear without any deviations, but there is some DLC content for the console, and I expect it to be released on the PC too.

All in all a nice little indie title, if you are into cute games then you will like this one, if you are too cool to be cute then it probably isnt for you :)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: The Maw
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:18:35 pm »
I played this as a demo on Xbox 360 and it was fun. Took a bit to figure things out but once I did, it got fun.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:53:56 pm »
so... its kirby with a facehugger.

oh wait, i got a better one

In Soviet Russia, fire "dog" eat you!

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:18:30 am »
My Dad's Friend made this game hs gets 50% of the money :P so we can get secerts,the game, ect for free :p