Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 725023 times)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #2775 on: September 04, 2010, 06:39:24 pm »
The Torpals are babarians. They're probably slugging it out on some desolate watseworld somewhere :P

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2776 on: September 04, 2010, 08:28:43 pm »
The Torpals are babarians. They're probably slugging it out on some desolate watseworld somewhere :P

Well the 3 known acceded species were the Nauceans, Torpals and ViS. There were even religions dedicated to these 3 "deities". I would not be surprised if the Wexxians ascended too.  Here is some info I found ...

It is the time of the Third Galactic Golden Age. The universe has changed. Memories of the second Golden age are all but lost. Restricted to a few passages in musty textbooks and the words of alien nursary rhymes.
However, a link stronger than time exists between this age and the last. That of the Galactic Religion. Present on almost every world, few can deny there must be some truth in it. How else could the same images, the same gods, have arisen independantly on almost every civilised world? As each species became wise to science and the ways of the universe, the gods of old were unfailingly associated with key concepts regarding the structure of all that is:

Note: This is not an RP thread. This is designed to be a showcase of pictures and ideas set in this future galaxy. If you want to participate then know this: It is unlikely your current race has survived this long, and if they have they will be substantially changed... in fact if you want to set your old race in the new galaxy please consult me so I can be sure theyre sufficiently changed. But it would be nice if we could see some brand new civilisations. (remember, almost all of them worship the three Gods) Lets call them Chaos, Neutral and Order for now (you can figure out which is which ;))

Note 2: this is not some compulsory shake up of the whole board. No one is forcing you to change your creature in the 'present'

The Galactic Religion
Varies depending on which species practises it, but there are several features common to all its variants

ViS
Is always 'Lawful' or 'Ordered'. It inhabits the realm of Subspace. Depending on the species it can be regarded as good and benevolent, evil and malicious, or just indifferent.

Naucean
Is always Neutral. He inhabits a different 'plane' of truespace, or our own universe. Naucean represents balance and renewal and is often linked with reincarnation.

Torpal
Is always Chaotic. He inhabits hyperspace. As with the other two he can be seen as a strong protector or a vicious enemy.

Each of these can be worshipped in any number of ways. A warlike race who believe ViS to be the good god will practise methodical combat, emphasising numbers and solid tactics whereas a warlike race who see Torpal as the Principal god will be zealous and brutal.
Peaceful believers in torpal will usually shun technology in favour of culture, while the opposite is true for ViS followers.
As always, Naucean exists in equilibrium between these two.

Essentially, each species sees one of the gods as evil (and will strive to be unlike him) one as good (and will try to be like him) and one as Neutral (and will worship him, but pay no real heed to his desires)
Of course, as with all religions there are permutations, cults and heretics with their own version of events.

Here is a Naucean worshiper by Gec ...

Worshipping is usually done in the household, there are hardly any public shrines for mass worship and is not a major priority in their life. When they do find the time to reflect, they worship on their own to idols which universaly look like the one shown. A simple Naucean bust made of gold with eyes made of onyx stone and encrusted with jade. The tenticals are made of platinum, hands are grasped in a meditative pose while the other four spread out in four corners. The bottom two tenticles spread a lace of beads made of ruby. The lace supports a curtain, sewn with an image of the Odabons ancient guardians.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:34:10 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 04, 2010, 08:32:30 pm »
Was that canon? It sounded likke a far future/ non-canon sort of thing.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2778 on: September 04, 2010, 08:37:56 pm »
Was that canon? It sounded likke a far future/ non-canon sort of thing.

It was cannon for the OMYL species. For instance my future species was called the Wutan and they worshiped the Torpals.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 04, 2010, 08:40:15 pm »
One Million Years Later? A little far dontcha think?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2780 on: September 04, 2010, 08:55:34 pm »
Well that was back in 2006 so who knows what the current time is in the GS universe. The closest timeline I have found is the Wexian one

According to my Naucean timeline ...

Halycon War Age - 560,275 to 560,300 (25 years long)

Necromonicon War Age -  560,300 to 560,350 (50 years long)

The Necromonicon War was made in June 2006 while the OMYL was made in July 2006. So I am saying the "present" at that time would put them RP wise in the Golden Age right before the Dark Age. In short go a million year from the end of the "Golden Age" is the beginning of OMYL.

EDIT: In addition it was 200 years after the start of Necromonicon War that the Nauceans began to Ascend. Thus it would put them in the Dark Age or even Age of Reclamation.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:59:46 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 04, 2010, 09:57:23 pm »
Ugh, timelines.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #2782 on: September 05, 2010, 08:50:38 pm »
Well that was back in 2006 so who knows what the current time is in the GS universe. The closest timeline I have found is the Wexian one

According to my Naucean timeline ...

Halycon War Age - 560,275 to 560,300 (25 years long)

Necromonicon War Age -  560,300 to 560,350 (50 years long)

The Necromonicon War was made in June 2006 while the OMYL was made in July 2006. So I am saying the "present" at that time would put them RP wise in the Golden Age right before the Dark Age. In short go a million year from the end of the "Golden Age" is the beginning of OMYL.

EDIT: In addition it was 200 years after the start of Necromonicon War that the Nauceans began to Ascend. Thus it would put them in the Dark Age or even Age of Reclamation.

So from the intelligence of the Wexxians to the end of this timeline is 560,025 - 560,825 in (I assume) Naucean years. That would put the percent present at 560,747. Awesome, we can finally create definitive timelines! I propose that for any more timelines, the new calendar should start at 560,000; which would make the present RP date 747. It's nice and simple.

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 05, 2010, 09:22:34 pm »
But that's only based in Naucean-Wexian time. A better date for the whole galaxy would be some big war, Communcannt, Necromnicon GWI etc. (By my estimates the date in those years would be 60s,760s? and 1060s respectivly).

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #2784 on: September 05, 2010, 09:41:18 pm »
For the start of the Necronomonicon War, it would be 472. For the end, it would be 422. For the Communicant War and Galactic War I...when and how long were those in Naucean-Wexxian time?

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 05, 2010, 09:59:43 pm »
This is why I hate timelines.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: September 05, 2010, 10:17:21 pm »
Because you can't figure them out?
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2787 on: September 06, 2010, 03:34:37 am »
Same here.

Especially with all these flashbacks and retroactive stories going on... >_>

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #2788 on: September 06, 2010, 11:38:10 am »
I'm sure we can figure something out. Just to be clear, every mark (non-event) on the Wexxian timeline is 50 years.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2789 on: September 06, 2010, 11:48:41 am »
I'm sure we can figure something out. Just to be clear, every mark (non-event) on the Wexxian timeline is 50 years.

Hmm than his timeline is off from the Naucean one. In general the Necromonicon War 25 years after the Hacyon War and CAB was established around that time too.