Author Topic: BlizzCon!  (Read 4903 times)

Offline UndeadScottsman

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
BlizzCon!
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:06:44 am »
Too bad I'm going to PAX (The Penny-Arcade Expo) this year, otherwise I'd definantly try and make it to this.  Basically it's a big convention centered around Blizzard  (Kind of like Fan Faire for Everquest.)  Here's the skinny
BlizzCon™ Gaming Festival Announced
Blizzard Entertainment®, Inc. is proud to announce the very first Blizzard Convention, to take place on October 28 & 29 in Orange County, California. BlizzCon™ is a celebration of our Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises and the players who have helped make them so popular around the world. Attendees can look forward to a variety of events, including participating in question and answer panels with the developers of World of Warcraft® and StarCraft: Ghost™, playing Blizzard games live with friends, and watching the world's best Warcraft III and StarCraft pro-gamers compete in the BlizzCon Invitational tournament.

Further details and information about ticket sales will be posted in the days ahead on www.blizzard.com.

WHAT: BlizzCon will be an ideal event for gamers from around the world to meet each other, participate in live Q&A's with Blizzard developers, and share their passion for their favorite Blizzard games.

WHO: Gamers who enjoy playing any of the games developed by Blizzard Entertainment.

WHERE: Orange County, California. Exact location to be announced at a later date.

WHEN: Friday and Saturday, October 28 and 29, 2005. The event begins at 8 a.m. PDT on both days.

Any chance you going to this and covering it in a Podcast, Steve? :)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: BlizzCon!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 08:06:34 am »
I just read about this. The dates are actually REALLY bad for me, and my Blizzard friends are going to be in New York that week, so I'm not sure how great my coverage would be. But if I know someone else who is going, perhaps...
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 09:08:32 pm »
I''m not playing any of Blizzard's stuff right now but, since it's so close to home, most likely I'll end up going with some friends.  I'll try to post some pictures and a commentary.  Definatly looking forward to seeing the Starcraft pro gamers.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:27:52 pm »
get lots of pics from the WoW stand ;)
thanks dude

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 12:15:09 pm »
Tickets went on sale the 21st.  At $120, I'd love to go but, don't see it happening right now.  Sorry guys.

Offline UndeadScottsman

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 09:24:42 pm »
Yeah, those tickets are a little (Well, a LOT) outrageous.  Even if I could go I probably wouldn't due to those prices.  My three day pass to PAX cost me 30 bucks, plus 10 more for a BYOC spot.  Simply unacceptable.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 09:21:40 pm »
I think the recent Blizzard was quite boring, I don't think Mists of Pandaria will be good. I expected more to be announced for my satisfaction.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 09:27:28 pm »
I just saw the trailer for that Hearthstone game and it looks like a Magic rip off. This will never catch on, Blizzard.
Virus Buster.

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 01:47:57 am »
Yossi! Summoner! Hello and welcome back!

Neither of you have been here in 6 to 8 years and you both came back on the same day within six minutes of each other to complain about Blizzard.

There's something magical about that.

I know you aren't spambots because I remember you from the beforetimes, but given that most people are spambots now, I'm scared you might be spambots.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 12:09:12 pm »
Spambots? No no. I'm a normal human selling car insurance.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 12:12:30 pm »
Normal human complaints within normal human time parameters!
Virus Buster.

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 10:54:33 am »
I am soothed by your words and marveled by your near synchronization.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 09:19:34 am »
I just saw the trailer for that Hearthstone game and it looks like a Magic rip off. This will never catch on, Blizzard.

But you have mobile phone right?