Author Topic: Got some good dirt on Spore!  (Read 35470 times)

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
Re: Got some good dirt on Spore!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2005, 11:24:06 am »
It's better than the old "first we're gonna create the console game."
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 05:52:36 pm »
Well he did have a question. I can't remember if it's been answered so reviving this thread seems valid to me. Nothing wrong with it.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2005, 07:02:21 pm »
I wonder if converting them to all the other games systems is slowing down development. Make Spore for the PC and then the other system later :p

Actually I don't think that the development has been slowed at all. The PC is the main focus of Spore and console platforms will follow up, but I no longer believe that the console development is slowing down the overall development of Spore.

What makes Spore so interesting as opposed to the console versions of The Sims is that with the Live capabilities of the Xbox 360 is that in theory people could be playing the same version of Spore with the same creatures on both systems. That will be cool.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2005, 07:05:09 pm »
I wonder if converting them to all the other games systems is slowing down development. Make Spore for the PC and then the other system later :p

Actually I don't think that the development has been slowed at all. The PC is the main focus of Spore and console platforms will follow up, but I no longer believe that the console development is slowing down the overall development of Spore.

What makes Spore so interesting as opposed to the console versions of The Sims is that with the Live capabilities of the Xbox 360 is that in theory people could be playing the same version of Spore with the same creatures on both systems. That will be cool.

Wow that WOULD be cool to have them all shared on al systems.  :D

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2005, 07:20:03 pm »
Especially when the Revolution controller gives me an evolutionary advantage over the sillt XBox 2 owners :)

(Im not calling it 360...but at least it wasn't XBox XP or something)
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2005, 11:08:23 pm »

Yeah, but the XBOX XP sounds cool.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2005, 05:29:18 pm »
wow spore on the xbox that sounds cool. Thats a great idea with all the xbox craziness :)

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2005, 05:38:02 pm »
wow spore on the xbox that sounds cool. Thats a great idea with all the xbox craziness :)

I think the xbox hype will subside before Spore is released.

I know there was a smiley, just interpreting it how I did. Get off my ass.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Strangelove

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2005, 06:47:46 pm »
what about the PS3 that will have better graphics and such and the game play will be cleaner than than the 360, but we will see... Quick question... would spore be better on the pc or on a console?
When the time comes I'll pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your damned corps to Hades below!

~Chuck Norris~

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2005, 06:51:24 pm »
what about the PS3 that will have better graphics and such and the game play will be cleaner than than the 360, but we will see... Quick question... would spore be better on the pc or on a console?

Probably the PC, because of the mouse. (Creature editing screen) Not too sure about any of the other aspects of the game.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 12:54:17 pm »
I think PC. But it may be easier to control your creature during evolution mode with the controller. But that stage is short compared to the rest of the game, which I think would be a hell of a lot easier with a mouse and keyboard.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2005, 01:51:59 pm »
I think PC. But it may be easier to control your creature during evolution mode with the controller. But that stage is short compared to the rest of the game, which I think would be a hell of a lot easier with a mouse and keyboard.
People seem to be forgetting (not necessarily you) that each part is only short in that it's 1/5, 1/6, or 1/7 of the game depending on how you split it up, with the exception of the cell stage (9 ways to customize) and the galactic stage (endless).
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 01:59:34 pm »
People seem to be forgetting (not necessarily you) that each part is only short in that it's 1/5, 1/6, or 1/7 of the game depending on how you split it up, with the exception of the cell stage (9 ways to customize) and the galactic stage (endless).

True, but I'm just saying in comparison on how I will be playing, the Cell/Tribal part of my game should be quite short compared to how long I play with the City/Galactic stages. Which are more point-click based.

Also, think about how difficult it would be to customize your creatures with a controller. I mean playing The Sims on console takes a while to get used to, imagine trying to move the leg your adding just one pixel over with a D-pad.

I say PC will be easier. Although, depending on if the 360 gives Xbox players exclusive earnable items/objects/etc (as they have been stating with most of their games so far) the PC doesn't , I will definitely own both.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:01:48 pm by TheShark »

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 06:01:50 pm »
XBox 2? IS that the same thing as XBox 360? Or some crazy Micro$oft ninja-project?
                                                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                                 If it's that, wow, the XBox 360 is already obsolete...
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 06:09:35 pm »
XBox 2? IS that the same thing as XBox 360? Or some crazy Micro$oft ninja-project?
                                                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                                 If it's that, wow, the XBox 360 is already obsolete...

Especially when the Revolution controller gives me an evolutionary advantage over the sillt XBox 2 owners :)

Nope, same thing.