Author Topic: Homosexuals are evil  (Read 12616 times)

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
Re: Homosexuals are evil
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2008, 06:25:17 am »
Reading comprehension 101. Let's say you have an imperfect mirror - it does not display all the characteristics of the original, but does display at least some.

Perhaps you should have specified which type of mirroring you referred to in your original response to Brandon's post. A little nit-picking of your own posts would often clear up what you write greatly.

And in my second response, I should have cleared up what I meant by mirroring:

No, because human beings do not, in fact, mirror all animals.

Here, I'll admit, I made the same mistake Daxx did. What I should have said was:

No, because the social dynamics of human beings do not, in fact, mirror all animals.

Even if we're working by Daxx's very broad version of "mirror," I'm not sure what similarities there are between human social dynamics and let's say, the social dynamics of cockroaches or angler fish; this is unless, of course, he tries to claim that the social dynamics of cockroaches mirror human behavior, but so imperfectly, that they really do not resemble human behavior at all.
Yes. Of course.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2008, 06:31:25 am »
The thing is, insulting homosexuals can be different that insulting races because homosexuals do act different then other people. At least, a good majority of them do. That isn't a bad thing, I love the happy personality, but some people don't. Still, not all homosexuals are like that so people need to stop assuming things and just wait until they know the person.

Prove it.

Prove that the majority of homosexuals 'act different' to 'other people'. How do you even know? What you've seen of homosexuals is maybe limited to a handful of people you know IRL and the outrageous stereotypes you see on TV. You know, TV, where most black people dress well and love basketball and yell "DAYUM!" and "YOU GO GIRL" and all nerdy people are geniuses in multiple fields etc etc.

Of course homosexuals 'act different' in some ways (the ways that relate to them being attracted to the same sex), but to say that gay people inherently have this mythical happy, camp personality is just ignorant.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2008, 07:36:31 am »
The thing is, insulting homosexuals can be different that insulting races because homosexuals do act different then other people. At least, a good majority of them do. That isn't a bad thing, I love the happy personality, but some people don't. Still, not all homosexuals are like that so people need to stop assuming things and just wait until they know the person.

Prove it.

Prove that the majority of homosexuals 'act different' to 'other people'. How do you even know? What you've seen of homosexuals is maybe limited to a handful of people you know IRL and the outrageous stereotypes you see on TV. You know, TV, where most black people dress well and love basketball and yell "DAYUM!" and "YOU GO GIRL" and all nerdy people are geniuses in multiple fields etc etc.

Of course homosexuals 'act different' in some ways (the ways that relate to them being attracted to the same sex), but to say that gay people inherently have this mythical happy, camp personality is just ignorant.

Or talk with a lisp. (But some inherently do? From my personal experience.)

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2008, 11:28:57 am »
The only one I know seems perfectly normal except with a softer voice and slightly different wardrobe. Of course, I know many other people that talk much stranger and dress even stranger, so to me he seems perfectly normal.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2008, 12:06:46 pm »

Prove it.

I admit that I am wrong there, I was just saying I can kind of see where some people are coming from, I in no way think all gay people act the same. My grade makes me so angry, pretty much everyone I know is homophobic. I think I would rather have it "cool" to be gay then to have a bunch of people talking about how stupid this "homo" was (because you know, its cool to say homo  ::) ) and making jokes about anyone that is sad, calling them "emo" and telling them to "go cut yourself"
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P