Author Topic: About the starting as a blob thing.  (Read 8990 times)

Offline ImP0steR

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
About the starting as a blob thing.
« on: May 13, 2006, 03:54:05 am »
So basically the bacteria stage doesn't mean anything at all? I don't think it was even at WW's selection screen.
I mean, you can have those little teeth on your bacteria (..If that stage still exists at all) and get them to be used to eating other little bacteria and then you magically transform to a blob? I thought there would at least be SOME similiarity.
Kyyp, keep your fanboyism to yourself. This is a discussion board and I'm allowed to write whatever I want.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
Re: About the starting as a blob thing.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 03:59:23 am »
I think you gradually change from bacteria to creature. In the GDC '05 demo, the tail and flippers of the swimming Willosaur were quite similar to the ones the microbe had

Offline ImP0steR

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 04:01:17 am »
I know what was in GDC, but now we were showed something completely different so it doesn't apply all that much.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 04:06:25 am »
once you reach 20 mm it zooms out more and more until you can sea the that your in an ocean and then voila, your a small , well make that tiny  fish, and the creature that will wright turned into the tripod had 3 spikes of its tail fin, the microbe had 3 spikes on those things it used to propell itself.
Never mind your own business.

Offline ImP0steR

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 04:09:26 am »
Would you stop relating it to GDC? We can clearly see at E3 everything starts as a blob, no real transformation or anything.

Offline wookieman

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 04:12:41 am »
I'll agree so far the micro -> sea/creature transition is still rather vague.

but I expect that when you finish the cell stage you will have to design your creature from scratch......which I'll admit doesn't make much sense. But I don't see how they are going to fill the gap....unless you evolve to a multi cell creature and each level your cell count increases e.g. level 1 one cell, level 2 five cells, level 3 25 cells level 4 125 cells etc etc.... until you have a fishlike creature.

I suppose this is something that will is still thinking about.

in fact the only transition we have actually seen is the civ -> space stage.

Offline kmr

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • One hep cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 04:14:33 am »
Who said anything about starting as a blob? You must keep in mind that the creature editor Will entered at the beginning of the demo was outside the currently running game. We never saw any footage of the cell-to-creature transition, so I advise you to hold your horses.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 04:15:28 am »
to answer imP0steR
ok fine, so WW lied and infact you just appear as a plain blob floating in an ocean after a while of playing microbe stage, not all pre-E3 is invalid ya know

@ wookieman the way you described is basicly what i described and is probably the most likly transaction

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 04:18:54 am »
At E3 he is just starting the creature editor out of nothin okay? at E3 he has reached the space stage and he has free access to all editors so you don't need to go through cell stage to get to the creature editor, you can just access the creature editor and make a creature out of a blob... and yes, cell stage was there and what happens is that when you go from cell to creature (when u get big enough or earn enough points) it will look at what you have on your cell thingy and make an equivalent 3D creature of it which you can then modify :)
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline ImP0steR

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 04:22:10 am »
to answer imP0steR
ok fine, so WW lied and infact you just appear as a plain blob floating in an ocean after a while of playing microbe stage, not all pre-E3 is invalid ya know

@ wookieman the way you described is basicly what i described and is probably the most likly transaction
Fine, be like that. I just want straight answers about how it works and not how he showed it, since he DIDN'T SHOW the actual transformation.
DD's answer sounds better.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 04:29:29 am »
he didn't show it, but he told us how it worked!!

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 04:30:10 am »
to answer imP0steR

Fine, be like that. I just want straight answers about how it works and not how he showed it, since he DIDN'T SHOW the actual transformation.
DD's answer sounds better.

And lucky he did answer your question (witch is right by the way) because I would of screemed at you for not understanding a simple Little thing like that  ;).But because you agree with DD and the question has been answered,I don't have to scream at you  :D.
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 04:31:31 am »
he didn't show us, but he told us

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 04:33:19 am »
I'm glad I could help ^^
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline ImP0steR

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 04:33:55 am »
We still don't know how it works though. >.>
I wish he would make a creature and show it.