Author Topic: The new alliance WoW race?  (Read 12621 times)

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
Re: The new alliance WoW race?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 08:50:06 am »
But they need an ugly Alliance race.
The Horde gets a new pretty race, the Blood Elves, which they need to gather more players.
This means the Allianc get an ugly one since they don't already have one, Dwarves don't count as uglyso they should get one

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 12:55:18 pm »
Blizzard adds two races and a new zone to their mediocre game and everyone starts talking about it :( sigh

Offline RealmRPGer

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Tanket
    • View Profile
    • Realm Protectors
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 01:24:15 am »
The Horde gets a new pretty race, the Blood Elves, which they need to gather more players.
This means the Allianc get an ugly one since they don't already have one, Dwarves don't count as uglyso they should get one

The horde doesn't have any "ugly" race as far as I can see. The most unnattractive race is the Undead, whereas the Tauren look kickass and Trolls are mighty cool. And Orcs, well, Orcs are mostly just green humans. So now why does the alliance need an "ugly" race, especially considering half of the players out there are already creeped out by Gnomes? No, what the alliance race "needs" is simply a different, non-humanesque race, NOT an ugly one.

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 02:39:25 am »

The horde doesn't have any "ugly" race as far as I can see. The most unnattractive race is the Undead, whereas the Tauren look kickass and Trolls are mighty cool. And Orcs, well, Orcs are mostly just green humans. So now why does the alliance need an "ugly" race, especially considering half of the players out there are already creeped out by Gnomes? No, what the alliance race "needs" is simply a different, non-humanesque race, NOT an ugly one.

You may think that the current Horde races aren't ugly, but If you look at the stats it shows that most people do, becuse they play pretty and familiar races (Humans and Elves).

I also love playing the Horde, Tauren in particular, but sometimes I do think those races are pretty ugly. Look at Orc females for example.

In my eyes this is the ranking for prettiness in the game.
         1. Night Elves
         2. Humans
         3. Gnomes
         4. Tauren
         5. Undead
         6. Dwarves
         7. Trolls
         8. Orcs

As you can see there most of the Alliance is in the top 4.

Offline RealmRPGer

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Tanket
    • View Profile
    • Realm Protectors
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006, 03:13:00 am »

You may think that the current Horde races aren't ugly, but If you look at the stats it shows that most people do, becuse they play pretty and familiar races (Humans and Elves).

I also love playing the Horde, Tauren in particular, but sometimes I do think those races are pretty ugly. Look at Orc females for example.

In my eyes this is the ranking for prettiness in the game.
         1. Night Elves
         2. Humans
         3. Gnomes
         4. Tauren
         5. Undead
         6. Dwarves
         7. Trolls
         8. Orcs

As you can see there most of the Alliance is in the top 4.

Okay, you've linked a correlation. But have you linked a causation? No. It's like violent video games leads to violent people. You can't prove one causes the other. So just because people prefer the alliance doesn't give you the go ahead to say that the specific reason is because those people consider the horde ugly. In my experience, I find that most people think of the horde as evil, and most players want to play the "good" guys. Also, I consider the Eastern kingdoms to better suit my taste in looks. The only starting land that looks attractive to me on the horde side is the Tauren's. I like foresty, bright areas.

Oh, and for the record, here's how I see it:

Humans,
Tauren,
Night Elves,
Trolls,
Dwarves,
Orc,
Gnomes,
Undead

After looking it over, it seems quite balanced to me.

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 08:27:05 am »
Believe it or not... I had a hella weird dream this morning.
World of Warcraft was a 2D side-scroller, and the new race was the Treant. o.O

Offline Anti45

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 10:55:54 am »
My bet is still with the Dranie as it makes sense. However I would love for Naga to be the new race

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 04:32:57 pm »
Wait a second? They're adding new content? Damn them. I mean, I already got my people made and they're leveling right along; I don't want to delete any of them to make new racial characters.

Unless someone could explain to me how you get around having only 4 characters at a time.

They add new content all the time, new dungeons, hot fixes. And you can have like 50 characters on any server. Who ever told you you can have only 4 characters in WoW, never listen tot hem ever again! They are not realible, mixing up Guild Wars and WoW!

I'm basing this on the fact that I attempted to make a 5th character and was told by the game itself that I would have to delete a character in order to make a new one. My friend had a similar result when he went from one server and tried to make a new character on another one. So far, it has appeared pretty unapologetically as if we're only able to have four. I don't know. I'll try it again. But thus far, that has been one of our biggest complaints about the game -- other than the fact that it's a massive pain in the ass to take your low-level night elf to any other part of the Alliance if you're unable to find a mage to port you. That is crap.

I think the only way you can't make a character is if you are on a PVP server, and you trying to make a character on the other faction. So if I make a Night Elf on a PVP server, I can't make an undead.
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 05:36:05 pm »
Well, expect to find out next Wednesday at it WILL be announced at E3.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 08:07:23 pm »
Well, expect to find out next Wednesday at it WILL be announced at E3.

It's about friggen time! =P

Offline RealmRPGer

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Tanket
    • View Profile
    • Realm Protectors
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 11:47:50 am »
Yep. Pretty Draenei.

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 12:26:03 pm »
yay for blizzard! way to stomp and sqvish your lore some more!

first it was something so simple. garona that half orc, half human who assassinated the king of stromwind... no, she couldn't be. it makes sense though, she could have been concieved on an initial recon of azeroth. orcs develop into their adult forms faster, a ten year old orc looks like a sixteen year old human. a fourteen year old orc looks like a twenty year old human... so garona, at fourteen, might have been old enough with her half orc self to take out king llane.

but caydiem delivered a message, an atrocity. blizzard retconned garona. no longer was she half orc, half human, but she was half orc half draenei! we were appaled, garona is supposed to be a "fair" orc, and the draenei from war3 were disgusting creatures. that's when we learned the draenei were twsited with demon magic. sure, fair enough, satyrs and naga are twisted night elves. it's presumed night elves (and thus all elves) are magically twisted trolls. so that's quite plausible in the warcraft universe. plus there was initial antagonism from the first orcs to enter azeroth. they saw the humans and felt they looked like draenei. fitting?

but what do we have now? more retconning. the draenei are descendants of eredar? what the hell is this? i'm happy i cancelled wow, i just wish i could have said "too much retarded retconning" was a reason for quitting, and by that i mean, said it to blizzard. i don't think i will be buying any more warcraft products. i might go see the live action movie, but they have destroyed a world that was so impressive in it's simplicity.

orcs vs. humans --> orcs "horde" (with trolls, ogres, goblins, undead) vs. humans "alliance" (with elves, dwarves, and gnomes) --> horde (orcs, trolls, tauren) vs. alliance (human, dwarves, elves) vs. sentinels (night elves, treants, dryads) vs. scourge (undead, gargoyles, abominations) against all kinds of "creeps" mostly beastmen (gnolls, murlocs, quillboars, naga, centaurs, trolls and so on) --> ramshackle horde (made up of orcs, trolls, tauren, forsaken? blood elves?) vs. ramshackle alliance (made up of humans, dwarves, gnomes, night elves? draenei/eredar?)~!

seriously, just stop while you are ahead. you ruined your game world to appease your titanic player base.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 01:10:18 pm »
yay for blizzard! way to stomp and sqvish your lore some more!

I never thought that Warcraft's backstory was more than a simple setting for people to fight in.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 03:51:57 pm »
yep this saddens me greatly. A million voices all cried out in pain at once...oh boy the jedi are going to feel this one.

Jedi things aside, this is going to come at a terrible cost. Remember the first Warcraft where it was mostly just ORCS and HUMANS. Now theres all these different races. Sometimes change is a good thing but in this case its terribly bad.

Good Luck Warcraft Universe you were great.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline kmr

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • One hep cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 02:17:31 am »
I for one welcome my new Draenei masters. ;D
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul.