Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith  (Read 25707 times)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
Re: Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2005, 02:52:20 pm »
My biggest beef with the movie is that Yoda really messed up. I mean, he can sense the dark side in Anakin when he's what, 5, but he can't sense a 100,000 stormtrooper conspiracy? And then he just runs away... that's not the Yoda I know. The other problem is all the discrepancies between this movie and 4-5-6. For example, Leia talks about having known her mother in, what, episode 5 maybe? She couldn't have! These sorts of things were really annoying for me. On the other hand, it was the last Star Wars movie (maybe) so I can't talk too badly about it.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2005, 02:53:54 pm »
For example, Leia talks about having known her mother in, what, episode 5 maybe? She couldn't have!

Maybe she was talking about here adoptive mother. Maybe?

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2005, 05:37:58 pm »
My biggest beef with the movie is that Yoda really messed up. I mean, he can sense the dark side in Anakin when he's what, 5, but he can't sense a 100,000 stormtrooper conspiracy? And then he just runs away... that's not the Yoda I know. The other problem is all the discrepancies between this movie and 4-5-6. For example, Leia talks about having known her mother in, what, episode 5 maybe? She couldn't have! These sorts of things were really annoying for me. On the other hand, it was the last Star Wars movie (maybe) so I can't talk too badly about it.

the clones are like robots, they dont have emotions or feelings, this is why Yoda didnt see it coming.
And yeah, I beleive that Leia was talking about her adopted mother

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2005, 04:15:49 pm »
I finally saw the movie today.  I liked it. Doubt I will see again in theaters but will probably buy the dvd. It did bother me that Anakin killed the younglings but I'm a woman, what do you expect? I like the way they answered all the questions to flow into the original movie.  :)

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2005, 06:21:13 am »
I think the real trouble with the movies was the lack of freedom.  Lucas made the origonal trillogy with just the barest back story.  Then, when he made the new ones he had to get back to the beginning of Episode 4.  That really restricts what you can do.  I would much rather he made another trilogy in the Star Wars universe not connected to the origonal, kind of like KOTOR or some of the later novels.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2005, 03:12:14 pm »
yeah thats a very good point. What made kotor's movie-like storyline so good was the twist, george lucas couldnt really add a twist to these movies.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2005, 10:32:10 am »
I finally saw the movie today.  I liked it. Doubt I will see again in theaters but will probably buy the dvd. It did bother me that Anakin killed the younglings but I'm a woman, what do you expect? I like the way they answered all the questions to flow into the original movie.  :)

What bothered me about the youngling slaughter was that after we were subjected to listen to a kid less than 10 years old (you should all know that i am 100% against children acting in movies, or at least having them limited to not speaking), and were then about to be treated to it being brutally killed we weren't actually able to see it... really disappointed me - but then again Lucas never fails to disappoint =).

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2005, 11:37:26 am »

What bothered me about the youngling slaughter was that after we were subjected to listen to a kid less than 10 years old (you should all know that i am 100% against children acting in movies, or at least having them limited to not speaking), and were then about to be treated to it being brutally killed we weren't actually able to see it... really disappointed me - but then again Lucas never fails to disappoint =).

Are you serious.  Haveing seen the children being killed would have sent the movie rating straight to R, which they never would have done.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2005, 04:20:54 am »
If they would have shown the kids being killed, it would have left a very bad taste for viewers. Alot of kids watch these movies. I'm glad they didn't but I do understand your point Lord Janos.

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2005, 12:10:23 pm »
I'm NOT a woman, and it bugged me a lot too.
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2005, 07:54:30 pm »
I could care less if Vader killed kids, but he just didn't seem to have much reason to do it. He really should have started turning much earlier, like in Ep. 2, that way there would be SOME background for his sudden "Hey Palpatine is a Sith -whoamg- I will obey you master" insta-transition.

Also, what's up with "Not if anything I have to say about it, Lord Sidious"?

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2005, 03:57:21 am »
The moments where Vader kills the Sand People, the children, the Trade Federation goons, and his tiff with his mistress are the moments which define him and his bitterness as a character.  They NEED to show those bits more fully because they are what people want to see in these films - not the war, the clone army, or the plot to overtake the Senate - but Anakin's journey to the Dark Side.  How are the films supposed to show this when they DON'T actually show you the defining moments where his passions overtake him and the Dark Side starts overwhelming him even more?

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2005, 08:26:36 pm »
Exactly, and I don't think they showed enough. The Sand People was good, but he still seemed pretty determined to be a 'good jedi' right up until he suddenly says "I will obey you master" and etcetera, it made no sense because just a few seconds before he had gone and ratted out Palpatine. The change was far to sudden.

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2005, 06:44:39 am »
I completely agree.  I thought he was going to become Darth Vader in Episode 2 myself.  Maybe at the end of it would be him getting mutilated, then he would come back as Darth Vader in episode 3.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2005, 10:12:23 am »
I completely agree.  I thought he was going to become Darth Vader in Episode 2 myself.  Maybe at the end of it would be him getting mutilated, then he would come back as Darth Vader in episode 3.

That would have, to be frank, kicked arse.  Good idea.