Author Topic: What are you playing now?  (Read 230785 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: What are you playing now?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 08:10:07 am »
Thanks for the welcome Steve.

On another note I see you are running Simple Machines Forum, quite an interesting look. One that I have not seen before. I administer several phpBB and Nuke boards. I think I may have to download this forum and Frankenstein some of the features of it with phpBB and Nuke. (missing my evil twisted smiley here) lol!

Yes, I am surprised that not as many people run Simple Machines. Perhaps because it hasn't been around as long as the other boards. But their tools are outstanding and the programming within the boards is by far and away the very best I have ever seen (and I have been programming a long long time). Super clean, tons of comments, and very modular. Really a great job, and it's free (which is nice).

phpBB, Nuke, and vBulletin are okay ... but I like this board better. I have been using it since the beta for other sites and I really like the features and the super-clean look. Definately check it out. Now if they released a CMS as well I would be all set...
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline CrimsonSapien

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Syntax error in line 20: UserCS=Wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 08:18:32 am »
Now if they would only release a php version of Wildcat, Renegade or Searchlight. I would be set.  :o Wrong time era.  :D

Serously I will have to take some time and peek through the files of SMF and see how they go about doing things.. I am curious how featured the ACP and MCP is over what I use now.

If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 09:50:05 am »
I've been running dry on games lately.

Counter-Strike Source in my spare time~
KotOR II - So far it's pretty good, but I hear nothing but bad things about the ending.

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 06:33:34 pm »
Thanks for the welcome Steve.

On another note I see you are running Simple Machines Forum, quite an interesting look. One that I have not seen before. I administer several phpBB and Nuke boards. I think I may have to download this forum and Frankenstein some of the features of it with phpBB and Nuke. (missing my evil twisted smiley here) lol!

Yes, I am surprised that not as many people run Simple Machines. Perhaps because it hasn't been around as long as the other boards. But their tools are outstanding and the programming within the boards is by far and away the very best I have ever seen (and I have been programming a long long time). Super clean, tons of comments, and very modular. Really a great job, and it's free (which is nice).

phpBB, Nuke, and vBulletin are okay ... but I like this board better. I have been using it since the beta for other sites and I really like the features and the super-clean look. Definately check it out. Now if they released a CMS as well I would be all set...
The only other SMF that I recall is the one at AGS.

Anyway, what am I playing right now? Well I'm still playing Freespace 2. Just like I've been constantly playing Freespace 2 for the past 6 or so years.

Ever had a game take over your life? I think I'm starting to turn into a Shivan fighter, I'm starting to go a little red and pointy around the edges.

Offline Ketro Fett

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 07:21:42 pm »
Freespace 2 is a game that I really need to get my hands on.  The gameplay just sounds so superior in comparison to other space sims.

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 09:59:24 pm »
It's the greatest game ever created.

You must get hold of it, maybe a copy from EBay or something. Underdogs version was crap.

When you get it, play through the entire main campaign. Then download the Source Code Project builds and all of the updated media files and play it again.

Then download the multitude of high quality user-made missions and campaigns.

Then sink your teeth into the very flexible and easy mission editor. I think I've just realised why I'm still playing it after nearly 6 years.

Offline Varsity

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 11:29:05 pm »
Well, after hearing about Spore, my interest in The Sims 2 has decreased rapidly...  Right now I am messing around with a cute little game.
---------
It's called Stranded.  - Full 3d!

You wake up on a 'deserted' island, you have nothing, will you survive or will you succumb to the dangers of the island?

Fun little timewaster, it will waste a lot of time too, making tools, huts, etc.

http://www.unrealsoftware.de/games_...p?name=Stranded
XYZZY!

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 07:59:59 am »
404'd!

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2005, 06:15:28 am »
Well:

A little bit of sims 2
And...i think that's it, i never have that time to paly games, because of three reasons:

1. My Career (Which is not the main reason, but still)
2. I'm in the Graphics design world now
3.There is no game that really attracts me right now....

Heat

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2005, 06:45:44 pm »
I never have stopped playing Simcity 4 since I got it... well yes I have, but you get the point.  ;D Occasionaly, I play my game that I wrote last weekend called Invaders. It's nowhere near good enough for public release yet.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 05:24:43 am »
Sims 2 at the moment. 

Offline Athul

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 01:27:42 pm »
Mainly Counter-Strike: Source with my brother,
And working an a HL2 mod, although that's not really playing  ::)

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2005, 02:21:36 am »
on my pc ive been playing Raganrok Online for the 6 or so months, on several different servers.
and on my xbox i have just finished KotOR2 - wtf sort of ending was that? i completed the game in about 25-30 hours, but i was expecting about 10+ more hours in it.
I play NHL 2005 every now and then, and have just started playing the Bards Tale, but im doubting if I will keep playing it, the cut scenes are very funny, I like the humour, but the gameplay is very repetative.

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2005, 03:21:53 pm »
I've been playing BF1942 with my brother over LAN a lot lately since I just got our computers up and running. I am trying to play splinter cell: chaos theory but running into problems with it on my PC. Hopefully that'll all be resolved later.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2005, 07:42:13 pm »
For a while, I was playing a fair amount of Pirates! Live the Life, Evil Genius, Warcraft 3, GTA: San Andreas and Lord of the Rings 3rd Age but at the moment I've cut down on my gaming.  I hang out in my friend's dorm room and watch him play videogames whilst I hang out on the internet.  I've found myself playing lots of Yahoo! games like Bookworm and Texttwist.  Bookworm is a very nice game to play while listening to the Podcasts, by the by.  I'd play more games but that would involve playing by myself or taking over my friend's xbox and there's nothing that really grabs me.  The last game I bought was Pirates! for the pc and X-Men Legends for the X-Box.  Both of those were last semester so I guess I've hit a dry spell.  c'est la vie. -leeman