Author Topic: Getting ready to S.T.A.L.K.  (Read 6727 times)

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
Getting ready to S.T.A.L.K.
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:03:26 pm »
Is anyone getting really excited about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?  It really is coming out.  On the Games for Windows Magazine Podcast (linky:http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3148397) they have a build and say its like "an Oblivion FPS".  It sounds pretty neat and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. comes out this March!

Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline sporehunter

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • I Eat babies.
    • View Profile
Re: Getting ready to S.T.A.L.K.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 02:45:19 pm »
urh. what's this game about and wahda ya have to do? ???
"Hey Chris, I got something for you... see it's a Bullfrog I poked some holes in it's back so it can breathe."

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 03:10:22 pm »
Google it, but in short it is an FPS, it has been in development for a LONG time, has gone through a lot of changes.  Its somthing like 30 km of land surronding the Chernobyl Power Plant (and if you dont know what that is, so help me God, GOOGLE IT).  It has that Oblivion vibe were yuo dont have to do any story thing, you just run around, find camps of people, kill Military dudes and get better weapons.  The story is that there has been a second explosion in the Power Plant and it cause all these weird things to happen.  You are a S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you go and find rare and alien artifacts, but conviently you have lost your memory and can start over from scratch in a wide open enviroment with many faction.  Here the site: http://www.stalker-game.com/index_eng.html
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Snapple

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 03:43:20 pm »
if you are really interested, http://www.oblivion-lost.de
its the AI, theres that artifical life system as well as really advanced combat
we wont really know till closer to march, but at least theres a date now finally that will be stuck to
Dentists should not have to learn about lactation

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 03:47:32 pm »
Oh wow. I remember hearing about this game a long time ago. I had nearly forgotten about it. Still gives me that Half-Life 2 kind of vibe from the pictures. But that free-roaming bit should be fun if they do it right.
Virus Buster.

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 03:54:45 pm »
Some friends of mine have copies of the game, Beta copies (No, there is no open beta).  They say it is, as I have said before, like Oblivion mixed with HL2, so a Dystopian future with action FPS-RPG style gameplay.  Should be a cult hit!

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 06:45:33 pm »
It does look like an incredible game, the fact that you have to actually eat and sleep in this makes it all the better.
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 06:52:36 pm »
Yeah..... Umm I think you missed out when they said the extreme RPG elements were taken out because it just made the game really suck.....

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 08:04:21 pm »
F***!
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 03:26:30 am »
F***!
:( i know thats what appeled about this game to me too/ Still gonna buy it though lol

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 08:51:12 am »
It still has RPG elements, just not hardcore Sim elements, they would have had to push it back another year to do that.
 here is a video link, say your over 18 to watch it: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8462
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 08:54:32 am by Dragon_Reborn »

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 03:15:05 am »
Thought I might bump this seeing as STALKER is mere days from being released. I for one shall buy this game pending a gamespot review, but so far it looks like it should be worth the wait. Too bad about the graphics, but i can handle slighty-dated graphics if it means bloody good gameplay.

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 12:09:32 pm »
Graphics slightly dated?  Have you seen the new pictures?  Its no Crysis or UT3 but it looks pretty damn good.

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 12:47:38 pm »
I heard about this game so long ago and then a few years later I get updated on it. Ive finally finished watching all the videos and it looks like a great game although I dont know the deep history too it like why your fighting other humans and what the mutants are. But it looks great!
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 01:18:33 pm »
I think my PC is going to cry...
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."