Author Topic: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour  (Read 26252 times)

gec05

Re: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »
Without hesitation Keel stood up at Kean's words and headed toward the rest of the retreating diplomats. Seeing as Heliotrope had a good idea, Keel paused and took a nearby chair and hurled it with great strength. He managed to nail one of the lesser assailants directly in the face, which looked rather comical. Keel ran behind a large nearby potted tree.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 04:20:10 pm by Gec »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2010, 08:24:58 pm »
The assailants continued to fire at the Sidereal team and the escaping diplomats, but didn't seem particularly committed to taking the representatives hostage. They did, however, show extra ire towards Heliotrope, grunting and booming amongst themselves with obvious distaste and actually diverting a significant amount of their fire-power in an effort to take him down. The room was quickly filled to deafening levels with the explosive sounds of their weapons firing.

Amidst the chaos, Keel's attack managed to knock one of the invaders unconscious for a few moments, cracking its helmet with a hiss of equalizing pressure. A single member of its species, instead in a more greenish suit, leapt in from outside the chamber and dragged its fellow out of sight, all the while trying to avoid enemy fire.

Hay, the diplomats, and the others that followed them through the back entrance encountered no resistance, but they were unsure how long that would last.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2010, 09:38:27 pm »
"Damn!", Hay vulgarized. "How many of us made it? Lucky for us that annoying squid drew a lot of there fire." "Roll Call everybody."

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 02, 2010, 09:46:15 pm »
It was times like this when R5 wished he could shed his little masquerade, pick up a fire arm and blast any unfortunate meat bag who dared attempt harm his masters. But alas, there was no telling how they would react, organics could be very unpredictable at times...

R5's thoughts where interrupted by Hay's shout for a roll call.

"R5 undamaged and fully functional master Hay."
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #244 on: August 02, 2010, 10:11:55 pm »
Zori hurried into place next to R5 and smiled at the others. She had hung back for a moment and grabbed the gun that the fallen intruder had left behind. If the first mission had taught her anything, it was that nobody really cared too much about the Faiclori's non-violent nature out in the galaxy. And she didn't plan on returning home in a box. Plus she imagined that self-defense probably didn't violate the rules too badly.

"I'm here... figured it was about time I got a useful weapon. Not sure a stun gun is going to do much to these guys. What about you, R5? Don't you want something to defend yourself? You've got some kind of self preservation protocol in there, right?"

gec05

« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2010, 10:24:57 pm »
A feeling of disbelief and confusion fell over Keel. Hanging his head low to put his hands on his head, he lumbered over to the others down the hall.

"What the void was their problem? I thought Sparkles the Jellyfish here was the most excitement I would ever see today. This changes everything."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2010, 10:27:01 pm »
"Maybe it's the adrenaline and fear talking... but are you really that surprised? I'm beginning to think this team's whole reason for being is to clean up messes. Or at least try to. We're not exactly qualified. Someone knew this was going to happen, I bet. It's all just another test."

Needless to say, Zori's paranoia over the Sidereal Hour's mission was only reinforced by the sudden change in the current mission.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2010, 11:10:30 pm »
"Worry not about me Master Zori, I assure you I will be...alright." R5 was beggining to... no...  he had realized a long time ago that every mission he was put on there was a chance that he would be discovered for what he truly was, honestly it was probably pure luck he was able to keep the charade up during the first hectic mission. Damn DiRossi, it was almost like they knew... nah...
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

gec05

« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2010, 11:17:54 pm »
*Sigh* "I guess you're right. No point in denying it."

Keel reached in his messenger bag and pulled out his firearm. He powers it up, giving off a subtle electrical whine with an upward glissando.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2010, 12:02:36 am »
Although Isaak had been looking forward action, he had never been in a real firefight, and his survival instincts had kicked in as soon as the door got blasted down. He was among the first out the back entrance. He hoped nobody noticed this fact. After a few seconds to catch his breath, he drew his weapon (a small laser pistol, with a few modifications) and watched as the rest of the crew and the diplomats fled into the exit.

"Who would want to kidnap a bunch of senators?", Isaak asked aloud, after catching his breath. "And who would want to test us?".

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2010, 06:46:56 am »
"Many people and many people." Terik said in response to Issak as he darted into the hallway, taking cover around a doorframe before spraying another wave of surpessant fire towards the assailants.  They needed to keep moving, and he couldn't very well let the diplomats wander off on their own without knowledge of just how many they were up against.

Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2010, 12:33:10 pm »
Zori stumbled along behind Terik and tried to keep the heavy gun up. She turned around when he did and pulled the trigger but nothing happened. Panicking, Zori dropped back down to the floor and pushed every button she could find on the gun to try to make it work.

"Ahh what do I do? How does this thing work??"

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2010, 12:40:42 pm »
It appeared that the weapon would not operate unless it was in the hands of one of the invaders. No matter what combination Zori tried, the gun was locked. Perhaps the unusually rough, pitted area near the trigger, where one of the invader's hands would go, was a clue, and it was something in their armor?

As the team continued on, they heard the door to the passage they had taken slam noisily shut behind them. From behind the closed door, they could hear the aliens murmuring and some scuffling as they presumably barricaded the back entrance. They seemed to be digging in...

Offline art_is_a_mathform

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2010, 03:16:32 am »
OB stuck close with the group, trying to hide himself as best he could, dismayed. Not only had he narrowly avoided serious structural damage, no one had been grievously injured!

What good is weaponry if you don't maim anyone? he mused, looking around for organics to mend. Finding none in dire need of attention, he scuttled over to R5.

"Fellow construct. I am pleased to see that you were not rendered inoperable. We simply must stay together when surrounded by these fleshies," OB palavered, motioning toward the rest of the crew.

Hearing the enemy fortifying their position from behind the door, OB hastily retreated behind R5.

"If their attacks originate from so secure a position, it is improbable that I would be able to repair the crew."
Quote from: Carl Sagan
One of the great revelations of the age of space exploration is the image of the earth finite and lonely...

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2010, 10:03:23 pm »
Yas paused as he backed away from the door, weapons drawn.  In the chaos of diplomats and officials scrambling in every directing he wasn't able to get a clear shot at the invaders.  He noticed Zori fumbling with one of he assailants' weapons on the ground.

"You're liable to kill yourself with an unknown weapon like that." He said flatly.  "And I think you've got the thing backwards, pointing at yourself.  I can spare a sidearm that's a bit more straightforward... if you think you can use it."
Probably not a Goat, either.