Author Topic: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour  (Read 26309 times)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
Re: Voyage of the Sidereal Hour
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2010, 09:47:17 pm »
"Yes… you would indeed inspect a lot more… activity, or perhaps dare I say hostility, at least on a political level."

R5 paused for a moment as he processed a few scenarios and posed a few hypothetical possibilities in his head.

"Frankly, I am surprised we were received so well, but the fact that the Phai are willing to negotiate donates to the notion that violence is not the first thing on their minds."

R5 turned to Zori, pausing once more, his equivalent of a sigh.

“I am processing many scenarios master Zori, some of them rather unpleasant, let's just hope this does not completely blow out of proportion.”

Being the certain "model" he was R5 did not detest violence, hardly, he simply detested the idea of his masters being harmed. He could only hope the worse of the scenarios he processed would not come to fruition.
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2010, 04:37:01 pm »
Kean walked over to Keel. He has seen Keel once or twice, but never talked to him because he was too busy or recovering from this first mission on the Stridurban planet.

"Hey, uh Keel, right? I'm Kean. I don't think we have talked before, but I have seen you once or twice. I'm the ship's DCO. I'm also helping out with the ship's software. How about you, how did you get onboard the Sidereal Hour?"

As they were trying to find a seat, Kean thought it would be a good idea to bridge the gap between now and the actual start of the negotations.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

gec05

« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2010, 07:45:16 pm »
"Well, I am a freelance journalist. I started about three years ago and took jobs here and there for different companies. I was working for the Daily Parsec for a good while, as a team member of columnists who did a lot of articles on different races in the galaxy. Then I read up on a report about the DiRossi making plans for a research and exploration program, so I signed up and got picked."

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2010, 08:33:55 pm »
"Oh! A journalist!" said Heliotrope excitedly, curling around the seat next to Keel. "You must have a lot of exciting stories to tell. Tell one now!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2010, 08:38:02 pm »
You better keep your pseudopods to yourself unless you want to lose them”, Hay warned the Squid. “I’m not too conservative to take someone down at a summit.” Turning to the Komodile she said, “Better get your recorder ready, it seems the delegates are beginning to arrive in ceremony.”

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2010, 10:05:40 pm »
Yas had positioned himself between Zori and most of the Sidereal Crew, and the antagonistic Senate diplomat.  He had been distracted by the natural beauty of Phai homeworld when the previous scuffle occured, which was already over before he could intervene.  The ancestors of the Yessimmee probably encountered the Macaclo, but their ancient history was mostly lost, leaving only a general sense of dislike for the colorful creatures.  Yas wasn't about to let one of the crew start a fight in the official chambers, but if Heliotrope made the first move he wouldn't hesitate this time.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2010, 02:24:59 pm »
The chamber suddenly fell silent as the Phai delegates motioned the Senate diplomats to the central table. As one, both groups took their seats, while the Sidereal Hour team was directed to one side of the chamber. After a brief pause, the Phai began to outline their position, stating that their past history with the various corporations that had unfairly exploited the resources they'd offered, combined with the recent rise in demand for said resources, made them feel that the best option for their people and their planet was to secede from the Senate and distribute independently. The diplomats were about to reply when a sudden transmission from the Sidereal Hour drowned them out.

//Away Team, we just got a sudden surge in energy from the ship up here. Be ready, it looks like a--//

With that, the message devolved into static, then abruptly cut off.

Mere moments later, several shouts were heard from outside the chamber, followed by the deafening cracks unique to the firing of projectile weapons. The noise quieted for a few seconds, only to be replaced by a loud thudding on the chamber door...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2010, 02:56:10 pm »
"There it is..."

Zori mumbled as terror washed over her. She tried desperately to remember what her therapist had said to do. Taking a few deep breaths, Zori opened her eyes and climbed up from under the table. She steadied herself with a trembling hand and mumbled a mantra several times before calling over to the delegates.

"You guys are going to want to take cover. Get away from the door and let us handle it. Yas? Terik?"

Looking over at her two more-experienced comrades, Zori gave a worried nod as if to say that it was their turn.

gec05

« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2010, 09:09:53 pm »
"Already?"

Keel, not having the spine as the rest of security, pushed chairs aside so he could crawl under the table. The low profile of the table gave little room for him to squeeze under, leaving his trembling hind quarters and tail exposed.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2010, 09:10:07 pm »
Terik was already moving the moment that the sounds of gunfire rang out from outside.  Within seconds, he had dragged a large table across the door, barring it at least for the time being.  He was quick to move other tables from their positions at the edges of the room into spots where they would provide more cover.

"Yas, you and I are taking point." he shouted as he began barking orders. "Hay, stick near the delegates.  I want all non-essential personel away from the doors.  Does anyone know of an alternate exit from here?  I don't like the idea of being cornered."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2010, 04:48:42 pm »
Kean, having heard Terik's orders, decided to go with Hay. He wouldn't be of much use in a fight, so he should get the diplomats and senators to safety.

"Hay, maybe it would be a good idea to get the senators out through the hind door. Have you seen the map during the flight? There should be a way out to the south."

Being distracted by something else he let Hay stay where she was and ran over to Keel.
"Keel, what the hell are you doing? You should come with us, we're trying to get the people away from here. And you too, Heliotrope."
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2010, 05:46:30 pm »
With a few well-placed shots from their weapons, the unknown attackers finally managed to breach the chamber. A pair of tall bipeds clad in deep blue, full-body armor pushed open the doors, each with two of their three hands armed and ready to attack the gathered diplomats within. A quick glance at them found them to be of no easily recognizable species, and the reflective, bubble-like helmets they wore only helped to hide their identity.

The pair stepped into the room, still pointing their weapons at the Senate and Phai representatives, virtually ignoring the Away Team. No shots were fired, but another four of the attackers rushed in behind them, rumbling in an unknown language. One finally acknowledged the Sidereal Hour crew and, in stilted Angalesh, bluntly told them to leave.

"They stay. We take. You leave now," the attacker growled, motioning first to the diplomats and then to the door behind.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2010, 06:52:55 pm »
"How about, 'No?'" Hay said.

"Sidereal, positions!"

As Hay rushed off with a group of diplomats(after making a few potshots) while the others went on there own predetirmed paths, Hay guided a path through the chaos."

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2010, 07:11:02 pm »
As Hay guided the diplomats out through the back,  Terik was quick to take cover and begin laying down surpressive fire towards the attackers.  His aim was not to kill at this point, but to simply ensure that they could not pursue.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »
Heliotrope whooped and flashed bright yellow, scuttling half way up a wall and flinging a couple of flimsy chairs at the intruders playfully.

"Oh! The senate knows how to put on an entertainment to get the pump muscle palpitating!"

As a few shots scorched the wall in his direction he dropped off the wall and rolled a little way to the upturned table behind which Terik had set up.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.