Author Topic: Diexions  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Goruter

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Diexions
« on: August 07, 2006, 08:07:58 pm »
(This is my first race, my idea with this race would be for them to find a natural wormhole, bridging the way into the currnet
Universe used in the Roleplays. If this is ok with people, then I would love to bring them into the fold.)
Race name: Diexions
Planet of Origin: Rikinou 7
The planet Rikinou has many planes and marshes, and has a mild temperate climate.
Traits: A largely supremecist and dark society in their later stages,
they have been in a dark age for several hundred years as greedy mega-corporations rule them without their best interests in mind. In two words, they are Agressive/scientific.

Basic Description: Lanky and thin,they have a slightly unhealthy look about them.
They have a dark green color, with two sunken eyes in their elongated head. A thin neck about
6 inches in length leads to surprisingly broad shoulders. Each arm that comes from the shoulders
actually forks into two arms, each with a 7 fingered hand. The hands are thin and long, like the
rest of their body,with sharp and pointed nails at the end of each finger. A Diexion's chest is forward,
with their arms angled back, but it is completely smooth. At the waist, four legs sprout from a central point.
Each leg has three joints and four toes. There are no nails on its toes, but there  are soft pads on the bottom.
The Diexions are fast, with four legs and their smooth, hairless body allows them to run at a top speed of about
40 miles per hour sustained for up to 10 minutes.They average about 4.5 feet tall, both male and female, and neither
gender is stronger than the other.

History: Being a social race, they evolved from a smaller, more hairy, quadraped with the same sharp claws. They hunted
in groups, mixing genders as well. Their primary weapon was their speed and the ability to slash deep gouges in their prey. Their social past is dim, riddled with wars among different social groups. They advanced slowly at first, but as their technology increased, so did the speed which they gained more. By the time they were advanced as Humans are now the giant corporations were beginning to take control of governments from the inside. There was no reason for a corporation to take over yet though, as they would have to somehow get a stronghold in order to wage war against other countries. Once space travel was made possible on a decent budget howver, the corporations raced each other to the 11 other planets in their system to make colonies.Now, the corporations have eradicated the governments, and act as their own nations. Space travel has become an every day affair for many Diexions. They have integrated their brains into control systems for combat ships, so that the personal armies of corporations can have more ships and less people required to run each ship. Cloning has been developed and mastered,
some corporations allow it freely and others control it with strict regulations. Cybernetics and genetic engineering have been developed,but are not as popular as cloning. The population has increased dramatically as as they have learned warp drives and stargate technologies. Expanding to over 10,000 corporations covering 2.500 star systems. In the outer areas of their expansion pirates and lawlessness plague the Diexions brave enough to pilot to such dangerous, yet lucrative, areas. 

The mega corporations become large enough to overpower their once fierce and controlling government to wage direct war on each other.
Being an aggressive race, they have made huge advancements with weapons. They specialize in High-efficienty Ion/Electron/Neutron blasters, accelerator cannons, compressed coil guns,
Railguns, and Gauss guns. They also have made several advancements with missile tracking technology,high-intensity explosives, and space travel.
Edit: Grammar and spelling
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:35:53 am by Goruter »

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
Re: Diexions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:16:11 pm »
Sounds interesting. Care to show us an image?

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Goruter

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 06:46:53 am »
Unfortunately, I am a horrible artist.  :-\
I'll give it a shot though.
If anyone wants to take a stab at an image, feel free.  ;D

Offline Goruter

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:19:20 am »

This is similar in shape and color, however the numbers of joints/fingers/toes are off.

Offline ryan_smith

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 12:30:10 pm »
i drew one for you but had a really hard time drawing the hands w/ 7 fingers but still keeping them slender. sory no color. the wierd thing is that i had completly drawn it before i saw your creature editor pic.

Offline Goruter

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 08:24:44 pm »
Thanks. That looks great, Maybe I'll cut down on the numbres of fingers, I can understand why its hard to keep them slender.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 09:20:11 pm »
//The Forthi Delegation extends an invitation to join the Delegation of Unified Powers. We hope to see you there!
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5498.0
-Forthi Delegation, Speaker of the DUP//

Offline Goruter

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 06:35:01 pm »
A Diexion Chronicle, the Payol - Houthim war.

The Payol Houthim War [/u]

As told by Dorian Wert, High Executive of Payol Spacecraft and Weaponry

This is not a tale of Heroism, or of myself and my exploits as much as I would like it to be. This is a recollection of events, of which I am very ashamed to say I was a part of. It was a brutal desperate time, and I hope that it will be remembered as such.

It begins about 400 years before the present. The Diexion race has abandoned official government, and all owe loyalty to one corporation or another. We will focus on the quarrel between two mega corporations which held a large portion of the same market. They began business galaxies away from each other. Houthim Craft LLC began in the Course region of space, an astounding 114 jumps from the Stain region. Each corporation made ships, had cheesey advertising slogans, and desperately wanted the other's share of the market. With the huge amount of corporations and Diexions in the galaxy, it is unimportant to measure any percentage of the market owned, all you need to know is that as infintesimally small as a share of market can be between 40,000 spacecraft corporations, the small chunk owned by either in question meant enough Daneeri to colonize dozens more planets.
   The daunting distance between both corporations ofcourse means nothing now. Traversable in only a few hours at the most, (especially by the most Savvy of pilots) each corporation was able to do anything in any region of space, if they could supply the force to back it up. The Payol corporation began noticing something odd however. The Houthim were using many of their ideas in Houthim ship models. This might as well have been treason in the world of business. Payol was understandably upset, and even more-so when their Experimental Configurable Far-range Medium Scientific Battlecruiser was almost exactly ripped off. This theft was the last straw for the Payol, still family owned.
   They declared war upon the Houthim corporation about 396 years and 3 months ago to the day.
   To be continued...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 07:03:19 pm by Goruter »