Author Topic: Could I....? Yes, it farted!!  (Read 14209 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Could I....? Yes, it farted!!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 06:46:53 am »
Could I make a thing that talks using smells and farts?

I'm going to use this topic to discuss what I found. I think these creatures can fart!!!

Watch this video and pay attention about 2:00. The creatures sort of squats down, lifts his leg and farts or shoots something green out of it's butt.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APX1EoYPM-s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APX1EoYPM-s</a>

Am I right?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 06:58:38 am »
I can't believe but i think your right. But it looks a like a balloon flying away.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 07:38:53 am »
It just looks like one of thise little faerylight mote thingies to me. The squatting down seemed to be a cowering animation, and the leg lift seemed to be a different animation of some sort. Though knowing Maxis, there'll probably be an idle animation somewhere for the less cute creatures involving a fart. Yay for little comic reliefs.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:44:21 am »
It definitely shot something out of it's butt that involved a leg lift. It either farted or thats poo. I say fart and thats a ball of green gas. Remember? Sims do that too after they eat sometimes.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 09:13:30 am »
I can beleive its a fart. I remember watching one video where a guy put a spitting attack on his creatures butt. Maxis has never been one to shy from bodily functions.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 10:15:41 am »
It definitely shot something out of it's butt that involved a leg lift. It either farted or thats poo. I say fart and thats a ball of green gas. Remember? Sims do that too after they eat sometimes.

It's not a fart: the creature is doing a sumo pose, where it stamps its feet. The little puff of something looks like a puff of dust unsettled by the stomping.  So yeah, not so much a fart, sorry (although, in the german vid, the guy makes a creature that shoots big flaming balls from its butt, so that is possibly as close as you could get to farting.)
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 10:20:39 am »

It's not a fart: the creature is doing a sumo pose, where it stamps its feet. The little puff of something looks like a puff of dust unsettled by the stomping.  So yeah, not so much a fart, sorry (although, in the german vid, the guy makes a creature that shoots big flaming balls from its butt, so that is possibly as close as you could get to farting.)
It's more around the 2:08 part and I'd have to agree, it does look like a fart.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 10:45:33 am »
Guys, notice when he changes the background on that video... Trees WITH eyes! :o
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 11:01:16 am »

He did stomp like a Sumo pose but he also lifted his leg and shot out the puff. It wasn't unsettled dust, it came from the creature. I still believe it was one. Did you watch the video? It floated from him off to the side and it is bigger and darker than the other fluffy things flying around.

Offline Bona Fide Supraman

• Star Raider
  • Not Super, Supra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 11:49:37 am »
If you watch where the cursor goes I think the crouching and leg lifting are two different things.

The crouching seemed to be cowering, and the leg lifting, I have to admit, did look a lot like a fart.
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 12:36:26 pm »
I am going to print this topic out and hang it on my wall.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 01:17:49 pm »

He did stomp like a Sumo pose but he also lifted his leg and shot out the puff. It wasn't unsettled dust, it came from the creature. I still believe it was one. Did you watch the video? It floated from him off to the side and it is bigger and darker than the other fluffy things flying around.

Dang, I guess you're right.  On a third look-see, it really DOES look like a fart.  Of course, this must also mean that there is poop!  So, then I might be able to make a poop-flinging race of monkeys!!  YAY!!!
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 03:23:17 pm »
Yay! I'm glad you saw it.  :)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 03:27:12 pm »
Well with all these things such as defecation and flatulence being conversed about.
I wonder if you can scent mark your territory...
Seems realistic enough to simulate.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:35:56 pm by Sporelover66 »
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline 0goober0

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 03:45:47 pm »
If i'm not mistaken (and there's a large possibility I am) than this is the button he pushed to make the thing fart:
dang it....can anyone tell me hwo to insert a picture? I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyway...the button he pushed is a pea pod.  I have a picture of it circled, but i don't know how to put it in here.
Why would pea pod mean "fart"?? ???