Author Topic: Best Game for Exploring?  (Read 10410 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: Best Game for Exploring?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 03:58:32 pm »
That Noctis game is very fun, can't wait until Noctis V. I took me about 30 minutes (a staggeringly long time to learn controls... for me) with the manual to get used to the game. I've even named my own system (and all 16 planets) called KUBINEN, but I haven't exported it yet.

As far as explorer games go... this may seem odd for an explorer but try Anarchy Online. They have a free trial going all the way to January (maybe longer). However I must note that for exploring to be remotely fun you will need a Yalmaha (flying car). These are not easy to get, the worst ones cost 5,000,000 credits, quite a lot. The only reason I have one is because I answered a trivia question and won 5million credits.  ;D

If you also like space games take a look at EVE Online. If nothing else the graphics are great, and I never lag. It's a pretty slow-paced game, hard core guys (my cousin is a perfect example) will not like it. www.eve-online.com   it has hundreds of background stories and a very established Galaxy, even a news service with floating billboards.

Finally, anyone here ever play Starship Titanic?
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 06:05:26 pm »
AO is not newbie friendly at all. Assign your skill points incorrectly (and you will have no idea what to do with them) and you have to start over to proceed in the game; and out of all of the people in the shuttleport area, about 75% are running through a secondary/tertiary/etc. character and hate everybody that asks questions of any sort.

That aside, it's a fun game (and free through '07!)
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2005, 08:18:30 pm »
I know, that's why I don't play it. Horrible. Leveling. System...
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline James Shields

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • I'm the best of the best you can forget the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2005, 11:40:52 pm »
Morrowind is great for exploring...cant wait for oblivion
Violets are blue, roses are red.
I'm coming aboard prepare to eat lead.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2005, 07:05:55 pm »
Morrowind is great for exploring...cant wait for oblivion

dam now ur makin me think of oblivion... wwaaggghh
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2005, 03:27:46 am »
now I'm thinking about it. I want it!!!!!!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2005, 06:17:59 am »
 :'( *dog sigh*
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2005, 08:29:15 am »
i dont like the way businesses work, we get a total drought of games over summer, then the developers spring like 5 killer titles on all of us! i'm happy when one is finally released but its tempered by the fact that there are like 3 others that I still want still out there torturing me. Developers: stop being evil!

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2005, 10:48:23 am »
Buying to many good games at once is dangerous.  You usually endup only playing one and the others you never feel like playing until the next whatever hit title comes out.  If you try to play them all at once you will be so sick of games, period. and you'll go play your SNES in the atic.
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2005, 01:26:51 pm »
the three I'm looking to get (i.e have already pre-ordered ;D) B&W2, TES4 and CIV4 seem to be nicely staggered in terms of release actually, B&W will occupy me through october, then I'll play CIV intill TES comes out mid-November. Oh, plus I have to go to school :)

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2005, 07:51:13 pm »
I just ordered B&W and am gonna wait for Tes.  Except I ordered the new parts for my computer, finally!