Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 90359 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: 2016 Election
« Reply #2821 on: April 10, 2017, 08:07:31 am »
I care less about who left the gas there and more about the fact that it wasn't disposed of like the Russians and Syrians said it would be. Red line crossed? Attack happens.

I also care less about who left the gas there and more about pushing back against Russia. Are we just going to be okay with the fact that they've been dancing on the line for four or five years now, carefully not trying to start a conflict but steadily pushing the line further and further back. **** that. Smack in the mouth time.

And Russia and Iran are saying that the US crossed a red line? Okay, fine. Do something about it. Sink the ships that fired the missiles if you're gonna talk about red lines. But don't be a little bitch and back out on your line like Obama did. Put up or shut up.

*a word
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:15:19 am by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2822 on: April 10, 2017, 11:35:57 am »
Oh I forgot the most important bullet point of that last post. Everything hinges on this point and nothing matters without it:

**** Syria! No matter what happens, it happens to Syria first.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2823 on: April 11, 2017, 02:50:58 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zVXVP7eIIg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zVXVP7eIIg</a>

Oh baby oh baby oh baby

**EDIT**

AND SOME LATE-BREAKING LIONEL!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-1y7cYzc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM0-1y7cYzc</a>
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:52:48 pm by PatMan33 »

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: April 11, 2017, 04:56:17 pm »
Yeah I stole it from reddit again, but this is gold.

Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2825 on: April 11, 2017, 04:56:35 pm »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: April 14, 2017, 02:03:27 pm »
Yeah I stole it from reddit again, but this is gold.

It's true. Zyklon-B isn't weaponisable.

Hitler didn't use chemical weapons since he had been in World War 1 and witnessed mustard gas attacks firsthand. Kooky!
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: April 14, 2017, 02:13:02 pm »
See I read that the reason Hitler didn't use gas was that it was actually pretty ineffective, particularly against blitz targets like London where the MOD had issued everyone gas masks and whatnot.

Also the Nazis tried to weaponise chlorine triflouride, the chemical that sets asbestos on fire, which is some mad science level nonsense.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: April 14, 2017, 02:41:19 pm »
Good stuff. **** asbestos.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: April 14, 2017, 04:27:56 pm »
Should be noted that the allies to liked to use fire bombings. They used it against both Germany and Japan.

Anyway there was likely many reason why the Germans did not use chemical weapons in WWII. It would likely not have been a great battle field weapon. It could work against civilian targets but like Sam pointed out gas mask where plentiful. And the Germans knew that if they started to use it then the Brits would retaliate in kind. The Germans may have been heartless bastards during WWII. But they where not dumb.

And it was not only Germans that had stockpiles of chemical weapons. Brits have plenty and also had plans to possibly use them but it never happened. Even using biological weapons was considered by the Brits.

Japan did use chemical weapons but never against western powers. Reason being that they feared retaliation. And they where right in doing so as America did have plans for possibly using chemical weapons.

The Germans did of course use chemical agents in there concentration camps. And this systematic use of chemical weapons against defenceless population is in no way less worse what happened in Syria. To make it out like the Nazis had a the higher moral ground here is just absurd. And one can really see it on Spencer that he in the end realised what a stupid thing he said. The smart thing would be to apologise for such a dumb statement rather then try to be technically correct.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:35:58 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: April 14, 2017, 06:14:11 pm »
And apologize is what Spicer eventually did.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2831 on: April 14, 2017, 06:19:58 pm »
You see this stuff about Trump making the White House visitor logs secret? Pretty lame, son.

http://time.com/4740499/white-house-visitor-logs-public-record-trump/

Quote from: Time article
White House communications director Michael Dubke said the decision to reverse the Obama-era policy was due to “the grave national security risks and privacy concerns of the hundreds of thousands of visitors annually.” Instead, the Trump Administration is relying on a federal court ruling that most of the logs are “presidential records” and are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: April 14, 2017, 07:34:59 pm »
Yes it is lame

Not surprising, but lame
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2833 on: April 14, 2017, 07:38:26 pm »
I wonder why that wouldn't be a law in the first place, rather than just an informal policy. Like, I could see in some situations you want to keep the list secret, but even then you should still be able to FOIA it or something. Then again, as President, I could see wanting the list from my family gathering kept confidential. Then again again, I'm President so maybe I shouldn't expect that kind of confidentiality? Maybe I don't hold the thing at the White House. :u

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: April 15, 2017, 12:49:06 am »
Honestly, the boys back in 1804 sure as hell would have their heads spinning with the amount of transparency we have with almost everything due to the internet and media. Doubt anyone really even considered it till the bush years
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.