Author Topic: The Historical Superpower RP.  (Read 43722 times)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: The Historical Superpower RP.
« Reply #270 on: March 31, 2007, 08:36:11 pm »
"And what, pray tell, happens after that?  I want to know exactly how badly I would be cursing this world if I accept."  He smirked.  "And you probably should have finished tinkering before we got here.  I see energy if you remember, and now I have a good idea of what that little toy does."
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2007, 09:25:33 pm »
"Ah..." Bernardo said, smiling slightly "I see your curiosity has gotten the better of you... just to set the record straight, you have not seen anything like this so please, leave what you think you know at the door because you are in my world now."

Bernardo tossed the device to Marstems and enjoyed the surprised look on his face.

"To answer your question though, we will do what we can to get information on your beloved Custodians..." Bernardo said "But in all honestly I want to put this whole mess behind me. The Custodians pose no threats to us and as we all know, an all out war between to organizations such as ours... it would not be good for any of the parties involved. Chances are you will be released rather quickly and asked to break your obligation to the Custodians under punishment of death. Other than that, I see no problems in your future should you accept my offer. However if you refuse... I don't want to bother with what would happen then because it really is the farthest thing from my mind. Please Norman, just accept my offer and end this."

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2007, 09:41:38 pm »
"Actually, I was referring to what you plan to do after that, you can't expect me to believe that you built a clockwork golem using the heart of a noble and sent it after us just for the fun of it."  He leaned forward on his cane.  "Honestly I'm a little disappointed that you think that all people are as egotistical as you are.  And here I was, thinking that hubris was Ridleys folly, but mabey it just comes with being a member of your Order.  And you should know that if I were to leave the Custodians they would hunt me down and find out why, it's something of a life long membership."
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2007, 10:13:03 pm »
"What do I plan to do?" Bernardo began "Why, that's simple, continue restoring the Brotherhood... and when that is finally finished I will be able to expand the Brotherhood. While my efforts may look like an attempt at world domination a person who thinks that would be mistaken. My mission is one of preservation, one of protection; when the Brotherhood is safe from those that wish us harm from within I can rest easy. Now is not the Brotherhood's time, I will not be the one to propel the Brotherhood into a position of control over this world and I am content with that. But when our day does come, and it will, you can be rest assured that it was due in part to my efforts at removing any doubt from within our own ranks. That is what I plan to do afterwards Norman. There will be no war, hardly even a battle, we will fade away into obscurity and bide our time. When all of the pieces of are in place we will make our move... I have seen it, and it is not now nor any time in the near future. When it happens the world will want us, they will have no reservations about us, we will rule the hearts and minds of the people and none will question our authority."

Bernardo walked back to his workbench and sat down, he stared off into the distance.

"I'll let you in on a little secret, Norman. I am incapable of ruling the world, most Grandmasters are. We would all rule with fear and any good Grandmaster, no, any good person knows that power through fear is only temporary. The people would eventually rise up and tear us down and our work that has spanned time itself would be for naught. Mark my words, when our true time comes the people will want us. It will be a quill, not a sword that gives us the world; any other attempts will fail and put the Brotherhood in great peril. This is the message I preach to my flock and I can only hope that my successors heed my words."

Bernardo, very relaxed and lost in thought, looked at Norman and smiled.

"I think the Custodians and the Brotherhood both have the same destination, it's merely a debate over semantics."

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2007, 11:09:11 pm »
"The semantics being free will?  The thing is that the Custodians have no long term goal, we exist only to safe guard humanity's freedom, while you exist only to subvert it."  He stood fully erect and held his cane off the ground, quickly checking to see where Gif was.  Everything was as good as it would get for what he planned.  "You made three mistakes Bernardo, first you invited in an enemy who already knows you all too well.  Second you put your entire command in one room.  And your third and worst mistake was not finding out what we have on our person."  With that he spun and kicked Gif into Schala, causing the vial Gif had put in his back pocket to shatter, leaking a fair amount of Quick Silver onto both of them.

He placed his cane at her throat.  "She is now quite unable to defend herself and any attack you make will have its energy transfered into this cane, killing her."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2007, 11:51:36 pm »
Bernardo stood up from his chair and wheeled around to survey the situation.

"You put me in a very awkward position Norman..." Bernardo said sternly "On the one hand I have my wife and unborn child to think about... on the other I have my obligation to the Brotherhood..."

Bernardo walked up to Norman and Schala and knelt down so that he was at eye level, his hands were shaking.

"I will not attack you... but you must understand that by sustaining your current course of action you are condemning your entire organization to the wrath of the Brotherhood. Are you prepared to take responsibility for such a decision?" Bernardo asked "Now I have been more than lenient with the lot of you and my patience is running thin. If you do not release her and submit to my demands right this instant I will-"

At the moment the door behind Norman and Schala burst apart sending them, along with Bernardo, sprawling across the floor. Lazarus stood in the doorway and scanned the room for his targets, Bernardo lay on the floor bleeding from the head, unconscious. Several elite Agents filed into the room behind Lazarus and took up defensive positions around Bernardo and Schala, they nervously waited for Lazarus to make a move.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:54:35 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 01, 2007, 12:43:52 am »
"I think my path has been entwined with your organisation for a while. Quiet men, eager for the wisdom of the East: In Shanghai, Beshbalik, Calcutta, Kyoto, Amritsar...."
"Die."
Johann lunged at Bernado, but an agent parried his blow easily, going for his own strike at Johann's throat, but he stepped back, swinging his blade to knock the Agent's aside, and punching him in the ribs. He backed away again, struggling to parry three vicious downwards strikes in quick succession form the Agent. Some more Agents were trying to sneak behind him. The rest of the group would have to deal with them. He swung his sword downwards, then changed, as the Agent adopted a stance to block his feint, managing a minor cut on the leg before the Agent's sword pushed him back again, knocking his sword to the floor. The Agent, sensing victory, stepped closer and swung in a broad spinning arc at Johann, who was stumbling from the strike before, easily straying into the path of the Agent's blade, only, minutes before the blade hit him, his stumbling ceased and he jumped, rolling over the blade and kicking the agent in the face and throat. The Agent, shocked, dropped his sword, and tried to raise his fists: bit it was too late,  Johann was too blose and stabbed him three times, brutally, in the throat, before kicking him away and taking up his sword.

"'It is a fool who abandons his guard when he thinkg Victory is his. Even when your foe is dead, stay ready.'" He spoke, pulling himself into a defensive stance.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 01, 2007, 05:45:50 am »
Norman stepped warily away from Lazarus.  "Johann, please refrain from lecturing the unconscious man until we deal with the machine sent specifically to kill us."  He began swapping energies between random cogs within the machines body.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #278 on: April 01, 2007, 08:09:33 am »
"By order of The Esoteric Brotherhood of the Celestial Wheel, you are instructed to lay down your arms and await your punishment." Lazarus recited a few times as he walked toward Norman and  Johann "You have no chance to survi-ive - m-make your time."

A tinny laugh filled the room and Lazarus drew his saber awkwardly but still with a commanding air. He approached his nearest opponent, each step dominated by the sound of screaming metal, but he was not slowed any further.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #279 on: April 01, 2007, 04:26:27 pm »
Gregory stumbled through an alley. The last thing he remembered was trailing behind the rest of the party, invisible. Then something took a hold of him, he lost consciousness standing up and came to far from any landmarks he recognized, completely visible. He looked around, maybe he could catch up?

He tried to move. He couldnt. It was like he was wearing invisible handcuffs chained to the wall.
A man stepped out of the shadows, he and two others behind him were wearing bright robes and had the look of someone who was trying too hard to be imposing.
"The Masked Magician? I won't waste time with introductions but I think you have something me and my colleagues want." He reached for Gregory's jacket. "It's a very interesting artifact, I wonder how in the world you came to have it."

The Magician felt the cuffs weaken, just for a second, as the man dropped his guard. It was just enough, he broke out his right hand, pushing the stranger back, and drew his knife.

"I don't know why you want it, but this is most certainly mine, begone you... you... who are you?"

The thief laughed as Gregory held out his veined dagger at an awkward and unexpert angle. He muttered a word and held out his hand towards Gregory's arm.

It was supposed to be a simple telekinesis spell, but, the panicking illusionist Gregory Yalkmkov released all the light he could in a sphere around him. When wholly different types of magic colide, no telling what could happen. Include the sharp and very magical dagger in the middle of it as a catalyst, and Gregory's magic altered much more than the air.

voip!

If you had been an observer, you would have seen the light fade, and the man with the knife suddenly stretch to ten feet tall, then vanish.

If you had been Gregory, you would have only seen darkness.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 02, 2007, 12:00:27 am »
"Done, Norman."
Johann held his sword high, flitting his view from Agent to Lazarus to Agent.
"This could be difficult."
Lazarus's movement had grown awkward under Norman's magic, but it was still approaching with some haste. Johann considered his options carefully: there was little his sword could do against Lazarus, but he could parry it's blows so Norman could concerntrate. Warily, Johann took a step towards Lazarus..
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2007, 10:26:07 am »
Lazarus unsheathed his saber and lunged at Johan, who parried the attack and took a swing at his torso. The sword cut a thin line across Lazarus' torso but it closed up almost as soon as it had opened. Again Lazarus took a mighty swing at Johan, this time aiming for the legs.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2007, 01:04:46 pm »
Johann jumped, but was caught on the feet and had to roll through the air, landing awkwardly. He maanged to get to his knee to parry a downwards strike from Lazarus, which he returned with a slash of his own, kocking Lazarus back and giving him time to return to his feet, strike again and parry several strikes against himself. lazarus made no effort to block his strikes and Johann found himself constantly on the defensive, trying his hardest to stand his ground.
"Norman, Do something Magical!"

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2007, 01:16:48 pm »
"Give me a moment!"  He waited for Lazarus to lunge again and carefully timed his attack.  Just before it got to Johann's sword he transferred most of Lazarus's own momentum into the blade and simultaneously changed the workings of its hand, causing the sword to fly from its hand and embed itself in the wall ten meters away.  He whirled on the agents.  "Would you mind waking up your master before we all die?  I doubt he would approve of his workshop being destroyed.  Surely there's a healer among you?  This is an Order cult after all."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2007, 01:52:29 pm »
One of the Agents dashed off into a wall panel in search of a healer while the others moved Bernardo to the back of the room; without their Master there was an air of confusion surrounding them. Schala got to her feet and approached Lazarus.

"Lazarus, I order you to cease your current course of action." She yelled.

"I answer to two people only, Bernardo Likely and the Grandmaster of the E-esoteric Brotherhood of the Celestial Wheel." Lazarus called "You are neither."

"Bernardo is incapacitated which places me in charge of the Brotherhood, you will stand down." She called back.

"Bernardo is not dead, therefore you are only acting Grandmaster, I do not-ot recognize your authority over me." Lazarus said grimly.

Schala was taken aback, she had not expected Lazarus to deny her. She looked around the room and weighed her options, she could let Lazarus rampage and potentially kill all of them or she could hold him back until Bernardo was revived.

"This is your final warning, I can not let you proceed with your actions. You are endangering the Brotherhood." Schala said.

Lazarus rammed Johann with his shoulder and knocked him to the ground, he ripped his saber from the wall and approached Schala.

"Do you threaten me?" Lazarus asked.

"If you do not cease and desist I will be forced to take action against you." Schala said without flinching, looking up at the massive form of Lazarus.

"Any thoughts of dissent are to be punished with death, you are a dissenter and wish the Brotherhood harm. You will die." Lazarus said, bringing his saber down on Schala.

Schala did a back flip, kicking Lazarus in the chest, and landed a few feet away with her sword drawn.

"You are a fool to take on the Right Hand, not even you can best me in combat." Schala scoffed.

Lazarus began to laugh but was suddenly beaten back by a flurry of attacks. Schala's assault did not let up for a second forcing Lazarus to be on the defensive, a place he was not used to being in. Sparks flew as Lazarus' casing was torn apart and resealed over and over again and he was quickly backed into a corner by a few well placed kicks. Still Schala did not stop, she aimed to keep Lazarus in a corner until Bernardo could stop him, she called to Johann.

"You, over here now." She ordered "Keep him busy if you can, I have to attend to Bernardo."

Schala jumped into the air and placed her feet on Lazarus' chest, she gave him a mighty kick that slightly collapsed his chest cavity and flew across the room. She quickly dashed through a wall panel to check on the Agent who had set out to find a healer. Lazarus crumpled to the ground for a moment, enough time for Johann to get himself into position.