Author Topic: The Historical Superpower RP.  (Read 43726 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Historical Superpower RP.
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2007, 04:03:38 pm »
Catching his sword and whirling around the Rapier thrust downwards into Lazarus' chest. For a moment there was the scream of tortured clockwork. Sparks showered from the hole in the machine's chest, and some force jerked the blade out.
"Edward!" The Rapier yelled "Force can't stop it! What sort of magic do you have ready?"
As Lazarus began to attack again he parried a few errant blows and backed away quickly.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2007, 04:11:15 pm »
"Probably not enough to help. I think the best I can do is send a little bit of ice through it." Edward responds as he slides to a stop behind Lazarus.

Placing his left hand on the back of the odd sparking man, Edward tries to channel the freezing cold of ice into him. A dim blue light shines from under Edward's hand.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2007, 04:17:41 pm »
A cold current ran through Lazarus and his insides suddenly filled with ice. He slowly turned and saw the mage who did it whiz past him. Reaching out to grab him, Lazarus noticed that his movement had been greatly impaired. The last of the holes in his body had closed up but the sound of grinding gears grew steadily louder, in particular there was a rhythmic ticking sound.

ticktickticktickTAPtickticktickticktickTAP... ... ...
ticktickticktickTAPtickticktickticktickTAP... ...
ticktickticktickTAPtickticktickticktickTAP...

Something inside Lazarus was winding up and every moment the time between taps got shorter and shorter.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2007, 04:24:26 pm »
Something about each tick and tap sounded more ominous to the Rapier than mere rotating wheels and gears should ever sound.
The ticking reached a cresendo.
"Duck!" he yelled, diving aside...

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2007, 04:27:20 pm »
Pulling his hand from the back of Lazarus, Edward slides over to Rapier and lays next to him.

"What is this thing? I have never heard a person making noises like that before." Edward asks.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2007, 04:32:28 pm »
A bright light emitted from inside of Lazarus and the surrounding area was suddenly peppered with shards of ice and various sized cogs. Lazarus stood up and looked at the two men.

"I'll be looking forward to our next meeting..." Lazarus said "Do not think what you have done today will go unpunished."

He jumped to the nearest roof and pulled an orb from his pocket. The orb flickered a bit and a red portal opened up behind Lazarus. He gave the men a final glance and disappeared through it.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2007, 04:44:07 pm »
"Marstems said it was a clockwork Golem... some sort of Mechanical man" Answered the Rapier, getting to his feet. Walking back to the side of the roof he had originally ascended he shimmied down the rope.

"Whatever it was is powerful" he said, approaching Norman "Me and Edward tried to stop it, but it managed to escape through a portal. The only thing that even slows it down is ice".

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2007, 05:01:58 pm »
"I think I can get something better than ice, if you can help me track down a hat shop.  And it's worse than you think, that thing is part of the Cercle d'or, the cult of the Celestial Wheel.  My organization thought they were through with, when they went through some internal trouble a decade or so ago.  Normally I would tell you all to go back to england and let the professionals take care of this, but I can't reach the professionals.  I hate to put pressure on you, but this is bigger than a damsel in distress, this is a cult that tends to destroy empires when it gets going."  He gestured to the boy.  "And for some reason or another they want him.  We'll still have to go to Geneva, see if we can trace them from there, but we have to bring him along to stop them from getting to him."
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2007, 05:16:06 pm »
"Hat shop?" said the Rapier, raising an eyebrow under his mask. "You say you know about this cult? All the books I could find only mentioned it it passing... I couldnt find anything concrete to go by."
He turned to the boy "What's your name young man?"

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2007, 05:46:33 pm »
Gif had managed to find Norman, and watched as he confronted the mechanical man, deciding to stay back and observe, thinking he would only get in the way. He had never been in a real fight, and so thought that it would be better to watch and learn. He observed as The Rapier swung in and they all started fighting, with one even using magic, before the mechanical man teleported away.

What have I gotten myself into? Gif thought in a moment of amazement. I hope I don't ever have to face something like that. He noted how it managed to repair any injury. It seemed the only way to stop it was to destroy more than could possibly be repaired. He would dwell on this later, however, and went and found Norman and watched as he talked to the shocked young man whom the mechanical man had confronted.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2007, 06:16:06 pm »
"Lazarus!" Bernardo exclaimed as he stepped out of the portal "Are you okay? We heard there was a disturbance..."

"I am fine my Lord... the boy did not wish to join, nor did an old man I asked..." Lazarus said.

"You asked an outsider without an order!?" Bernardo yelled.

"My Lord, he was a accomplished Kinetic Mage and exhibited exceedingly high levels of psionic emission... however he seemed to think I was an abomination and promptly refused." Lazarus said.

"Hmm... well it would seem that your judgment was correct. Tell me, was this man blind?" Bernardo asked.

"Aye... how did you..." Lazarus tried to ask.

"Never you mind, I will have to confer with the Left and the Right... you are free to leave." Bernardo said.

"Sir... the blind man made mention of the Custodians." Lazarus said.

"... as well he should have..." Bernardo said "Perhaps you should go meet them soon... the Children can wait..."

Lazarus bowed and left the room to patrol the corridors.

An hour later Bernardo was walking down a pitch black corridor deep underground. He arrived at a strong wooden door and knocked gently.

"You may enter." A muffled voice said.

Bernardo opened the door and was greeted by Schala and Irving. The room was Irving's and they often used it as a meeting room instead of the stuffy conference rooms upstairs. Bernardo sat down and quickly got to business.

"Irving, what did you see today?" He asked.

"My Lord, shortly after Lazarus tried to persuade the boy to join us he was interrupted by Sir Percival Goodwine also known as The Black Rapier and Norman Marstems, a Kinetic Mage associated with the Balance group The Custodians." Irving said smoothly "Marstems used his powers on Lazarus who retaliated but conceited defeat. A smart move if I do say so myself. Lazarus then preceded to head to the exit point, at which time, Goodwine gave chase. There was an exchange on the rooftops and Goodwine's sword was knocked from his hand."

"Marstems... he's still breathing is he...? This is getting interesting..." Bernardo interjected "What happened to Goodwine? Is that all?"

"Ah I wish it was... it would appear that yet another one of their companions came in and rescued Goodwine. A man by the name of Edward DeCaith; he's a well known pirate hunter and has a beginner's knowledge of a few forms of magic. DeCaith retrieved Goodwine's sword and made his way up to the roof to give it back. Lazarus closed in for the kill and Goodwine parried with a concealed dagger. DeCaith then threw the sword to Goodwine and Goodwine stabbed Lazarus through the chest. It must have been a mighty fine blade to penetrate such armor..." Irving continued "At this point in time DeCaith cast an ice spell which filled Lazarus' innards with, as you might have guessed, ice. Lazarus' motivational systems were seriously impaired and one of his emergency systems kicked in sending ice and cogs all over the town square. Lazarus used this break in the action to make his escape and now we find ourselves here."

"Very good. Thank you Irving, I trust that your vantage point was prime?" Bernardo asked.

"Ah..." Irving said with a laugh "Yes my Lord, I was in the thick of the action, what would my observation be worth if I was a safe distance away?"

Bernardo smiled and turned to Schala.

"And you, my dear, what have you to report?"

"My Lord... it seems that these people that Lazarus ran into are, as of now, based out of a ship called The Lady Bellatrix... Their motives are currently unknown... but the inclusion of a Custodian is something we should not take lightly..." Schala said, sounding a little distracted.

"Perhaps it is a coincidence?" Irving asked.

"Perhaps..." Bernardo said.

"Indeed... uh... it is very likely that they have no idea of Marstems' involvement with the Balance group. But we can not take any chances. I recommend we send out a few Agents to find out what they can." Schala said, as if she had just remembered she was in a conference.

"Agreed..." Irving said, sensing something was not right with Schala.

"So it is agreed upon then. Irving, send out three of your Agents and have them poke around a bit. Get me some solid info on Marstems too... he may need to be taken care of..." Bernardo said.

"It shall be done my Lord." Irving said, leaving the room.

"Schala, I expect you to keep me abreast as to any changes in the situation." Bernardo said.

"Of course... my Lord..." She replied.

Bernardo looked at her a little strangely and stood up to leave.

"Uhm... Bernardo..." Schala said uneasily.

"Yes?" He asked.

"We need to talk about something..." She said, her tone changing entirely.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:41:33 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2007, 08:17:26 am »
"Hat shop?" said the Rapier, raising an eyebrow under his mask. "You say you know about this cult? All the books I could find only mentioned it it passing... I couldnt find anything concrete to go by."
He turned to the boy "What's your name young man?"
"My name is Zacchirea. If you are working for that... man... thing, you can go away. I... don't want to get tangled with monster's..." Zacchirea was still shaken from watching the earlier battle. He was very shakey...
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2007, 08:30:37 am »
"If we had been working for that... man. I doubt he would have tried to kill us hmm?" answered the Rapier.
"I think we should get him inside, he's obviously in shock." He said quietly to Norman.
"Alright Zacch, I daresay you could do with a hot meal and a stiff drink" he said jovially, turning back to the shaken young man. "as I remember theres an Inn near here. Care to accompany us?"

The group walked a short way to the tavern and found a table and sat down. The rapier put a couple of coins on the bar and a serving girl shortly came by with bowls of stew and mugs of beer.
The young man ate hungrily.
"So, tell me Zach" said the Rapier " whats the story behind those extraordinary boots of yours?"

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2007, 08:36:45 am »
"Well..." Zacch was overcome by the smell and taste of the stew he forgot his fright and went on, " I was writing a letter to a cousin in Africa when the thought struck me. 'Wouldn't it be great if they could see over the jungles?' So I was coming up, and there it came. Coiled metal springs to store energy allowing the wearer to 'fly'... yeah..." Zacch couldn't think of anything to say. He took a gulp of his beer. It had been a long time since the last time he had a good drink. Damn roadshow... Barely any good drinks, only rotgut.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2007, 08:41:22 am »
"I see. I've certainly seen springs used for more mundane tasks. But it must take a great talent to develop ones so powerful as to allow leaps of such great height... what did you do before you joined the travelling show? Were you apprenticed to a smith... or a clockmaker?"