Poll

What era would you like the story to be set in?

The Roman Empire
Weird West
The Rennaissance
The Enlightenment (again)
Roaring 20s
Post-War

Author Topic: The Historical Superpower OOC  (Read 120460 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Historical Superpower OOC
« Reply #660 on: June 16, 2007, 03:20:27 pm »
I saw that and changed it, it should make sense now.

As for The Eye, we don't know who or what it is.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 16, 2007, 05:55:51 pm »
Good evening, Historical Superpower RP. I intend to create a character for this arc, and would like approval from the main players before I jump in. As one generally does.

Albert Merle

27 years old

His parents couldn't help but be worried. If you were in their position you would be too. From the day he was born, he hated human contact. Yet he couldn't get away from it. Throughout his childhood, he grew increasingly cold and bitter, avoiding contact wherever possible. Those who repeatedly insisted on trying to be friendly to him generally regretted it.
After leaving education, Albert managed to get a job, that while low paid, had him working alone for the majority of the time. With this, he is content, the job giving him enough money to live and wait with his true family, for their master's plans to come into effect, and their destiny to unfold.

Abilities

At birth, Albert's master chose him as it's host and nest, causing his hatred of continued human contact as they merged. He considers his master and it's children, occupying his body, as his true family. In return for this, he has a range of abilities he can use.

Release
   Albert can drag one his master's children out of their collected consciousness and his body to act as a seperate entity. In doing so, he can effectively summon these shadowy beings as pets or minions.

Merge
   By allowing his family to take over the rest of his cells, he can achieve a seemingly gaseous form, in which physical attacks against him are unaffective, yet he cannot interact normally with things, or even use other abilities without reforming.

Awareness
   With the many minds inside his, Albert gains much greater reaction times, as well as their ability to sense magical energy, to a limited degree.

So, yeah. Thoughs, comments, criticism, personal attacks, anyone?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:09:32 pm by Neoteric »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2007, 05:58:22 pm »
Cool character... although its hard to see how he would work as a hero... maybe tone down the hatred of humans.

Anyway... 4 pounds for ink? In Victorian England four pounds would be a substantial sum of money... a pint of ink wouldn't cost more than a few pence I would think.
I mean, a pint of ink would probably cost about 4 pounds *now* if they sold it by pints :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2007, 05:58:59 pm »
((That sounds like the guy who set something on my character.....That sounds so H.P. Lovecraft. Awesome.))
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2007, 06:00:53 pm »
Cool character... although its hard to see how he would work as a hero... maybe tone down the hatred of humans.

Anyway... 3 pounds for ink? In Victorian England three pounds would be a substantial sum of money... a pint of ink wouldn't cost more than a few pence I would think.

Hmm...I added it was inflation that added to the price, but if it seems too much, I lower it. ;)

EDIT: Price Change! Is that better? Kinda getting hard to understand English economy in the 19th century.

EDIT: Here was the site I used to find the conversions for anyone who needs help with deciding for money:http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/moneyold.htm
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:09:17 pm by DMB »
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2007, 06:05:09 pm »
Thanks  :)

Loitering with intent to steal ink now are we?

Hey Neoteric, I sent you a PM regarding your character.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:23:02 pm by Krakow Sam »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2007, 06:23:25 pm »
I like that character but also have the same complaint that Sam does, the hatred will make him tough to deal with.

However aside from that you've done a great job! :)

You get my approval.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 16, 2007, 06:25:09 pm »
'kay. Changed a couple of wording things in my previous post. It's not really that he hates humans, just that he doesn't like being in contact with people for long. It becomes painful to have long conversations, and someone touching him is like being stabbed. So his coldness is understandable.

Why he would be heroic: despite the symbiosis, he remains human. He wants what he can't have, so he tries to defend people as an alternative. He's not evil, just lonely and wanting to not get hurt at the same time. Also, if his master wants something doing, he does it, and I'm sure I can use that as an excuse if needed.

On a different note, at Little: is that the guy who did the Cthulu thing? Regardless, I've never read their work. Is it any good?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #668 on: June 16, 2007, 06:26:21 pm »
Good call, your character is ready to go then.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 16, 2007, 06:34:24 pm »
'kay. Changed a couple of wording things in my previous post. It's not really that he hates humans, just that he doesn't like being in contact with people for long. It becomes painful to have long conversations, and someone touching him is like being stabbed. So his coldness is understandable.

Why he would be heroic: despite the symbiosis, he remains human. He wants what he can't have, so he tries to defend people as an alternative. He's not evil, just lonely and wanting to not get hurt at the same time. Also, if his master wants something doing, he does it, and I'm sure I can use that as an excuse if needed.

On a different note, at Little: is that the guy who did the Cthulu thing? Regardless, I've never read their work. Is it any good?

Yep. That's the guy who did the Cthulu thing. It's pretty good, considering it's 71 years old by now. It's cool in the way how theres about 50 stories all concerning it and they all link together to form the whole story. I think the guy who orginally wrote them did 7 or 10.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2007, 09:13:50 pm »
Righto, just checking something.

Keep up the great work guys, you are all awesome!

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2007, 04:59:33 pm »
Inspiration strikes! I wish to call dibs on the villain for the Middle Ages.
Virus Buster.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2007, 05:00:18 pm »
I wish to call the second villain!  ;D

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2007, 05:02:16 pm »
Do you mean for the arc after middle ages, or two villains in a single arc?  If it's the second, you'll have to work it out with Yossi.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 17, 2007, 05:04:15 pm »
Since Yossi called first then if you want to be a villain in that arc you'll probably have to be a henchman or associate to Yossi.