Poll

What era would you like the story to be set in?

The Roman Empire
Weird West
The Rennaissance
The Enlightenment (again)
Roaring 20s
Post-War

Author Topic: The Historical Superpower OOC  (Read 120221 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Historical Superpower OOC
« Reply #525 on: April 10, 2007, 03:47:28 pm »
And he's got half a dinner sitting on the table.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 10, 2007, 03:52:10 pm »
Hmm... if Matthew is living out in the countryside near a town, I have an idea that would work rather nicely.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #527 on: April 10, 2007, 04:09:22 pm »
I pictured the landscape around his house to be on the more desolate side, just so everyone knows.

It makes for a good testing ground.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 10, 2007, 04:18:28 pm »
But still fairly close to town, your whole mention of customers would support that. I'll get a post up soon on Johnathan's intro then.
Virus Buster.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2007, 04:20:20 pm »
I pictured the landscape around his house to be on the more desolate side, just so everyone knows.

It makes for a good testing ground.

The entire area is desolate. Its in the middle of a desert, pretty much.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2007, 04:25:26 pm »
Yes close to town.

So we all have the mental image of red rocks and dusty earth now? Good.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:13 am »
Heh heh. I like how John Yasipolitz is totally oblivious to the recent events in that town. Typical absentminded inventor  :)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2007, 07:15:48 pm »
Ah... ho hum.

Sorry if that lost post seemed a little off, I just needed it to get the situation rolling.

Are we only running Neo, Yossi, Sam, and I?

Hmm... we need to grab some of the folks from the other RP and maybe some new ones from the outside.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2007, 08:15:30 pm »
If you are looking for some new blood, I would be honoured if I could join the RP.
I have some roleplay experience, though it isn't recent. As such, I might not be perfect at first, however I think that when I get into my character, I would be at least reasonably good.

If you are fine with this, then thank you.

If I do create a character for this, then how realistic does it need to be?
Or to put it properly, how far can I delve into the realms of magic?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #534 on: April 11, 2007, 08:22:11 pm »
I am very glad you would like to join us, I'll be honest, I saw you looking at the topic and wanted to egg you on a bit. ;)

You can make your character as real or as unreal as you would like, however it must be believable.

As for magics, in the Obano Universe (That is where this RP takes place) magic is split into three main groups.

Chaos
Balance
Order

These three are fairly self explanatory and all have their pros and cons as well as tensions between each other.

There are some posts from 'The NEW Superhero RP' in which they were explained, let me grab them for you...

Just a moment.

Okay here is a writeup on Order.
And here is Chaos.

There is nothing on balance but I'd bet we all have the same general idea of it's specifics.

If you are interested here is the character template you will be using.

Name:
Bio:
Powers:

Pretty simple. Also know that this RP is a spin-off of The NEW Superpower RP so some of us may be using this to fill in character back story. You don't have to concern yourself over that but if there are some reference that go past you it's because they are tie-ins to our other characters.

So now that you've gotten all of the fancy paperwork and whatnot you can make your character.

DO NOT WORRY! We will check your character and if there are any conflicts, we will help you fix them and you'll be RPing in no time. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:29:48 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2007, 08:06:40 am »
And here are some example bios:

Unlimited Outlaw - "Seven-Shot"
27 years old in 1880.

Bio: Seven-Shot's a natural outlaw, coming from the seediest part of the seediest town in the West. He learned to cheat and steal while he was young and, as he grew, only kept getting better. We he learned to kill, he found that he had a... near magical talent. It was how he earned his name.

WANTED:  FOR MURDER, BURGLARY, ROBBERY, HORSE-STEALING, SUSPECTED WITCHCRAFT. DEAD OR ALIVE - REWARD: $800

Power: Seventh Shot: Seven-Shot gets seven shots out of a six-shooter... or as many as he likes. Nobody's quite figured out the trick yet, since he can do it with any gun in his hand. He prefers using guns that are completely empty, just to see the look of surprise on his targets face when he shoots them with an empty gun.

Oh, and he never loses at Russian Roulette.

Acidic Wastrel - "Spitoon"
27 years old in 1880.

Bio: Seven-Shot's long-time accomplice, Spitoon was kicked out his home as soon as he was old enough to stand a chance. They didn't want him around - not with his mutation. He's spent many years robbing for food and eking out a living, but this posse seems about to give him a big break...

WANTED: FOR MURDER, BURGLARY, ROBBERY, HORSE-STEALING. DEAD OR ALIVE - REWARD: $700

Power: Acid spit: Spitoon's drool is a powerful acid, capable of burning through wood and leather, and sometimes even metal. Over the years he's become an excellent shot with his spit - many a saloon has ended up with a disintegrated spitoon and one rich customer after a spitting contest. Oh, and if it needed to be pointed out, he also has Acid-immunity. If he didn't, there's no way that he'd have lasted this long.

Desert Owl - "Seer"
31 years old in 1880

Bio: Seer was once a brave in his tribe, the strongest and wisest. One night, he was visited by the owl totem spirit in his sleep. It bestowed upon him his powers, and gave him one clear instruction: "Be wise, and do not waste such gifts."
That was the night that Seer's home was raided by bandits. The natives were outnumbered two-to-one, but determined to fight to the last. With the owl's words clear in his mind, Seer did the one sensible thing - he ran away. Like a little girl.
Since then, he's been robbing and stealing to stay alive - but never biting off more than he could chew. Eventually he teamed up with Seven-Shot and Spitoon during a firefight, and the rest was history.

WANTED: MURDER, ROBBERY, HORSE-STEALING. DEAD OR ALIVE - REWARD: $600

Power: Enhanced Vision: Seer not only has an owl's wisdom, he has an owl's eyes. He sees everything in fantastic detail, even on the blackest, moonless nights. This gives him a great advantage in a gunfight, as well.

Belittled Potential - Shorty
18 years old in 1880.

Bio: Shorty was sick of his life even before Seven-Shot decided to add to his miseries - his job, tending the horses on a wagon trail, was not the most fulfilling occupation in existence. Heck, it was a relief when Seven-Shot and his accomplices decided to rob them... and since all of the other people on the wagon had either been shot or escaped, Shorty took the opportunity to switch his dull life for the life of an outlaw. It was Seer who eventually convinced Seven-Shot that he'd be more of an advantage than a liability, and so Shorty joined the team.

Powers: None: Shorty envies all of the other men, even Spitoon, for their powers.

These guys are sometimes referred to as "The Sibilant Squad," but not by people who expect to live very long.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 08:08:15 am by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2007, 04:28:54 pm »
Lucky for them the tables will be turned when they run into us.

Maybe...

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:46 pm »
Robert Luxar/Itzal Nuray

34 years of age.

Before the incident, Robert was a priest and scholar. Knowledgeable and intelligent, on his time off from his priest duties, he was always seen in the library, reading or studying.
One time, he found an ancient book with no text on the cover or spine. Inside, there was detail on how to perform magic. In awe that a simple being like him could perform such deeds, he read and learnt how to perform miracles: Order Magic. After studying the order pages for a few weeks, he read the balance section, but there was little of interest to him. Then, he started to read the chaos section. The first page contained a strange symbol and some writing in a language he couldn’t understand. He turned the page. It was identical. Confused, he flicked through the remaining pages. All had the same text and symbol. Sighing, he put the book down and let his mind wander.
Without thinking, he started stroking the edges of the symbol in an anticlockwise direction, and phonetically spoke the words.
Suddenly, all light vanished and he felt like he was falling into an endless void.

Two hours later, he awoke with a burning headache, in the remains of his town. He had completely leveled it.

The book had a malignant chaos sorcerer sealed inside its pages, Itzal Nuray. Now, with Itzal residing in his body, Robert seeks release from the torture. He seeks an area of holy ground in the West, where he can rid himself of his literal demons.

Powers:

Parallel Mind
Due to his possession, Robert has to suppress Itzal’s presence at all times. If he lapses, accidentally or deliberately, Itzal will gain control, allowing him to use his powerful Chaos magic. Itzal will not discriminate between friend and foe, and once he has control, it can take some time and energy to suppress him again. The only time he is not affected by this is when he is asleep.

Order Magic
By using his acquired order magic, Robert can heal some wounds and perform some alchemy, though he is not experienced. He still possesses the book, so he can gain more skills using this as time goes by.

Is this okay? :-\

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #538 on: April 12, 2007, 07:16:51 pm »
Cool, I like him!

The only thing I would question is the extent of Itzal's power... I'm just wondering to what it would take for our characters to stop him, other than that he's great!

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 12, 2007, 07:38:23 pm »
Cool, I like him!

The only thing I would question is the extent of Itzal's power... I'm just wondering to what it would take for our characters to stop him, other than that he's great!

Itzal's not amazingly powerful.
He knows most low and mid level chaos techniques, and a couple of higher ones. As he's not in his proper body, he's weakened.
Be aware, that it's just his mind that changes, nothing much happens to his body, apart from the obligatory aura. He'll probably leave you alone if you don't attack him. If he does, just slap him around a bit, he'll turn back. ;)

You probably won't be seeing too much of him anyway, as I'm going to stay as Robert unless I really have to, which would probably be in a combat situation. Robert doesn't have any worthwhile offensive skills yet.
He's mainly there as I think it'll be fun to write as a character with a completely opposite split personality.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 07:39:59 pm by Neoteric »