Poll

What era would you like the story to be set in?

The Roman Empire
Weird West
The Rennaissance
The Enlightenment (again)
Roaring 20s
Post-War

Author Topic: The Historical Superpower OOC  (Read 120310 times)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: The Historical Superpower OOC
« Reply #495 on: April 09, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »
1880? It doesn't make much difference as long as it's not during the civil war. Sure, 1880.

Although this chapter isn't really as epicly epic as your post makes it out to be - but it is an introduction to a whole new side of Chaos. The non-homocidal/apocalyptic side, that is.

I'll think I'll kick it off tomorrow. Should I make a new topic, or stick with my grand total of zero topics made?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 09, 2007, 01:06:04 pm »
Either is good. I guess it would be simpler to start a new thread.

Come on people, post your characters. Aquilla isnt the sort of guy that will do good without motivation/coersion.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #497 on: April 09, 2007, 01:43:40 pm »
I'll get my character up soon. I'm dragging ass today so give me a bit.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 09, 2007, 01:52:38 pm »
Name: Johnathan Yasipolitz

Bio: Ever since he was young, Johnathan had a knack for being able to disassemble and reassemble devices. From the simple toys he had when he was a child to more complex items ranging from guns to steam-powered engines. As a result of learning the inner workings of things, he was sometimes inspired to either improve the object in question, or create something entirely new. Several companies companies took interest in Johnathan's work, but he continued to work only on his items out of his own house, insisting only to sell them to the companies as an independent. Treasuring his right to his way of inventing above all else, he would always keep a few of his more dangerous inventions to himself to fight off any recruiters who become too pushy about becoming a permanent worker for any one group. Due to his sometimes violent reactions, he has made some enemies among the larger companies. To the public eye, however, he is nothing more than "that crazy tinkerer".

Powers:

Mechanical Understanding: Johnathan can quickly analyze and use or disable most any mechanical object.

Unusual Weaponry: Due to his constant tinkering and inspiration, Johnathan has made several weapons out of unusual things, and weapons with unusual effects.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 03:35:36 pm by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 09, 2007, 01:57:36 pm »
I hope no one minds if I post my character after my first post, I feel like being dramatic and surprising folks.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #500 on: April 09, 2007, 02:51:15 pm »
Name: Matthew Likely

Occupation: Owner/Operator of 'The Likely Solution', Wayward Gulch, New Mexico

Bio: The son of Samuel and Donna Likely, he was sent to live with his aging grandfather, Vinny Likely II, after his parents were killed by bandits. Matthew's grandfather was a strange man, he was disowned by his father for trying to reconnect with the old family overseas. Vinny was seen by most as a senile old man who's stories were as far fetched as his claims of great wealth. Matthew showed a knack for invention at a young age and, despite no formal training, even managed to teach himself Runewriting. At the age of seven he created a device to chop wood for his ever aging grandfather. When he was ten he created an automatic screw to bring water directly into the house. By fifteen Matthew perfected a small walking automaton to clean the house and at eighteen he created what his grandfather called, 'Matthew's Mill'.

On his twentieth birthday, Matthew's grandfather handed him a large sum of money. He told Matthew to open up a store and try to sell his wares to passersby. While Vinny refused to tell Matthew where the money came from, he made sure that he would have what he needed to get things going. In a few months a small but sturdy shop was constructed about a half mile out of town and fliers went out. While the town of Wayward Gulch was not so impressed with the shop, strange patrons from far and wide came to browse Matthew's wares and he developed a small, but loyal customer base.

When one walks into his shop they are greeted by a flurry of activity. Strange machines dot the small structure and nearly all of the walls are covered with spinning cogs and massive belts. Matthew has a line of devices that he sells including cleaning assistants, butlers, watering devices, and a wide range of behind-the-scenes kind of tools; however there is also a market for custom creations. While these creations are far more expensive, Matthew's handiwork is second-to-none and given the proper amount of time, he will satisfy any request. The Likely Solution's (TLS) creations are noted for being near-indestructible, anything short of constant applied pressure from all angles will cause no damage.

Powers:

Evaluate
This power is the product of Matthew's years spent working with machines and the like. He has the uncanny ability to diagnose a situation and figure out what has to be done to get out of said situation.

Rune Writing
Matthew has the ability to write mid-level runes for his creations and has managed to create his own set of runes to simulate perpetual motion. He is the only one who knows how this personalized set of runes works and they are the only runes that will make his creations work, this was done to protect his ideas.

The Omnigrip Motivational System
The Omnigrip Motivational System (TOMS) is a device Matthew wears on his right hand like a glove. It allows Matthew to exert the force required to work with some of the materials in his workshop. TOMS is attached to a support harness that Matthew wears so that he can take advantage of TOMS' power without the fear of ripping his arm off. Additionally, TOMS has a grappling device built into it that Matthew added for the fun of it. TOMS can exert a force equal to about seven thousand pounds of pressure on an object within it's grasp and has the outward appearance of brass bars attached to the inside of Matthew's hand.

Does that satisfy your tastes?

Also I've got no qualms with your plan Neo.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:23:18 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 09, 2007, 02:56:24 pm »
Oh crap... powers... uh... editing now...

Also, I'm Ok with it, Neo. Can't wait to see what you've got.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #502 on: April 09, 2007, 03:02:28 pm »
Oh crap... powers... uh... editing now...

Hahaha... Yeah you've only been doing this for the span of six RPs...

:P

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 09, 2007, 03:04:11 pm »
This should be interesting. I'll need to forge an intro relevant to this diverse cast.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #504 on: April 09, 2007, 05:27:40 pm »
I love character creation... I could create characters and back story all day!

I find it more fun than the actual RPs!

Is that wrong?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 09, 2007, 05:45:32 pm »
No, I like it too. Hence having a new character for almost every arc.

Although all your main characters are pretty similar...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #506 on: April 09, 2007, 05:48:47 pm »
Same family, same talents, what do you expect?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 09, 2007, 05:50:35 pm »
You could do a character that isnt a Likely. You may have trouble if we ever do the medieval or roman eras... not much technology beyond the seed drill really.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #508 on: April 09, 2007, 05:52:22 pm »
It's fine.

I've got it worked out well, the later generations (Bernardo, Matthew, and Richard) are all mechanical geniuses and live in the appropriate time.

As you go down the line the become more and more mechanically minded. So one could assume that if you go backwards they'd become more and more magically minded.

However I am thinking that considering the whole lot of them, Bernardo is the strongest by far.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 09, 2007, 05:52:54 pm »
When we get to those kinds of times, I got some family development in mind for the DeCaiths.
Virus Buster.