Author Topic: The RP planning thread  (Read 118565 times)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
Re: The RP planning thread
« Reply #285 on: September 16, 2007, 01:55:34 am »
Anybody else other as well as Little?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 01:57:13 am by Haseri »

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 16, 2007, 03:01:38 am »
You might want to explain a bit more what that kind of RP entails, for the people who missed the original UESS Alpha.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 16, 2007, 01:18:03 pm »
Well, it'll be a huge (city-sized) colony ship, heading for Ymir (Gliese 581c) to settle on the robot-built cities. It'll only take several months, thanks to new Warp Drive technology. It's got all different kinds of people, from military men to farmers, from all corners of the globe. So you could be anyone you want to be. The ship also carries about a dozen Strike Shuttles, ex-NASA shuttles pumped with nuclear missiles and guns. If popular enough, it could even carry on after we get to Ymir.

Offline Didero

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 17, 2007, 04:53:36 am »
Sounds interesting, although you'd have to agree beforehand what kind of technology is and what isn't allowed.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2007, 07:04:34 am »
Ohh I missed this thread! To bad we can't sticky it. time to recycly me old idea....

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 14, 2007, 07:43:54 pm »
This isn't really an RP, but a Meta Game idea I had.

My brother and I have an in-joke kind of fictional band that we consistently reference called "Lazor." Heavy metal band whose members were all born on remote/almost unheard of islands. There's the Lead guitarist (Waldo McCarthy), backup guitarist, drums, triple-neck violin, and electric vocals. No bass, since they don't actually exist. The only one with a name so far is the lead guitarist, as you can see.

Anyway, I was thinking of having a meta-game based off of the band's exploits around the globe, going on tours, getting landed in jail, having scandolous things printed about them in the newspaper, you know. The norm. You all would vote for what they would do, and then I'd make them do it. There would be some art involved, but not neccesarily all the time. Anybody interested?

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 17, 2007, 07:05:18 pm »
I suppose this means nobody cares or wants me to do this? :|

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #292 on: December 17, 2007, 07:20:10 pm »
This is the RP Planning Thread so your target audience may not be the ones checking in on the ideas that are posted here. I think for the most part though, the people playing the Meta-Games only really care that you are consistent and update often. Other than that you're probably good.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2007, 05:11:10 pm »
I was thinking of reviving Kaizer Saihu RPG but this time different if it does happen this is pretty much what you would expect

with backgrounds among other things

I figure I'd start it up after christmas that way i can have alot of stuff premade to pump out quickly to the masses
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 06:04:15 pm by opium monster »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2007, 06:48:43 pm »
So any ideas for any new traditional RPs? I am still looking for player to join my WoD rp but i do not think it will fly :(

I have also toyed with the idea of a d20 Star Wars based one.

But i am already in 3 or 4 DnD based RPs so it might be to much for me. I would still like to hear ideas for new traditional RPs.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #295 on: December 22, 2007, 07:42:25 pm »
Well we've got the Medieval Superpower RP starting up in a few weeks as well as The New Superpower RP - Part II. They're going to do well so feel free to pop into one of them.

As for other RPs... I dunno. I still want to try my mini-RP idea, you know, the one where only two or three people play. I'm willing to do one of them with anyone.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2007, 08:04:43 pm »
Well we've got the Medieval Superpower RP starting up in a few weeks as well as The New Superpower RP - Part II. They're going to do well so feel free to pop into one of them.

As for other RPs... I dunno. I still want to try my mini-RP idea, you know, the one where only two or three people play. I'm willing to do one of them with anyone.
Medieval?
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 22, 2007, 08:22:15 pm »
The middle ages. Think of any generic fantasy story, minus the non-humans.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #298 on: December 22, 2007, 08:26:44 pm »
Hey, we had to do it eventually. I got my character made and everything, she's super freaky. 8)

Offline Didero

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 23, 2007, 04:13:26 am »

I wouldn't mind joining such a mini-RP. It'll have to be well after the New Superpower RP starts though, so I can get into that story well enough to be able to play two RPs at the same time.