Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 796420 times)

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #840 on: April 19, 2009, 05:54:29 am »
Lol Sam that was great :)

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 20, 2009, 04:11:29 pm »
Lol @ Sam.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 20, 2009, 07:48:56 pm »
I hate it when somebody is horribly mistaken over a simple thing that should be general knowledge or at least able to be determined with thought (CONIFERS are the softwoods, HARDWOODS are, well, the hardwoods. Dumbass.) but will argue with you incessantly on it anyways, and not be able to be convinced of simple facts no matter how many ways you say it (Politics and opinions don't count. SIMPLE things.)

I hate punks who try to pick fights with me for incredibly stupid reasons. Also the phrase "you wanna dance?", even when used in that context, still sounds really gay.

I hate it when people can never make up their minds, or when they can never change them as well.

I hate when there is uncertainty over a really big, potentially devastating issue. Either it's there or its not, I can handle that somehow. Perhaps-it-might-be-but-wait-maybe-its-not-although it-could-be uncertainty drives me nuts. Ugh.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:40:32 pm by Null »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #843 on: April 20, 2009, 07:56:12 pm »
Someone is never ever gonna be happy.

You wanna dance, punk?

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 20, 2009, 08:03:46 pm »
I am mostly happy, just grumpy. That sounds like a contradiction but I make it work.

And bah, that's the second time today someone's said that. The first time today in person is what prompted that comment, although I admit that it wasn't totally unjustified on his part. Just over something stupid. Sometimes people need to back up and ask themselves if some things are really that big a deal to be worth getting worked up about.

I know, hypocrite right? Slightly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:07:04 pm by Null »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #845 on: April 20, 2009, 08:25:02 pm »
No... you're just like pretty much everyone else. :-[

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 20, 2009, 08:29:53 pm »
Ah, never mind then. I did originally think you made it up, but then I googled it and it turns out that it's a real virus that does brick the computer. Wierd.

You sure its not your CPU dieing? WErent you the one with the loud opera/strange music that came as if from no where? I still think its your CPU dieing.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 20, 2009, 09:08:14 pm »
Someone is never ever gonna be happy.

You wanna dance, punk?

You wanna dance?

I wanna polka.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 20, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »
Stop! Hammer Time!

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #849 on: April 20, 2009, 10:39:41 pm »

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 21, 2009, 12:00:14 am »
Ah, never mind then. I did originally think you made it up, but then I googled it and it turns out that it's a real virus that does brick the computer. Wierd.

You sure its not your CPU dieing? WErent you the one with the loud opera/strange music that came as if from no where? I still think its your CPU dieing.

No, I think that was Andrew Ryan. Or maybe Grazony.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:15:10 am by Xeno264 »

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 21, 2009, 05:53:13 am »
I have a gripe with DVD movies, specifically the "dont steal our DVD" splash screen that you are FORCED to let play out everytime you pop the DVD into the machine, why do they feel it neccessary to tell us not to steal their product every freaking time all day and all night ??
If I went to buy a McD burger, and the one serving me went on and on telling me not to steal their burgers, and started explaining to me the McD copyright they have on their BBQ sauce, then Im pretty damn sure I would never go to that place again, so why the heck do we have to listen to that same song over and over and over and over again when popping in a DVD ?

When I was in video production class we were lectured on copyrights and all that jazz. So as a project a few of us edited together all the FBI and french copy warnings from the beginning of VHS movies and put it to the theme of the old Get Smart TV show. We got a B for it (there was a glitch in the editing). We then debated if we had broken the law or not since all the messages are already on all the tapes.

-Lego

Offline Dwight

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Eisenhower.
    • View Profile
    • www.addictinggames.com
« Reply #852 on: April 22, 2009, 05:46:14 pm »
Were you debating if the fact that you showed the FBI warnings violated a copyright law?
"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows."-Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Dwight is the model employee, and makes Eisenhower proud.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #853 on: April 29, 2009, 01:14:18 pm »
I don't like those people that give you a strange look every time you ask them a question or try to talk to them. Dude, I'm just trying to have a conversation with you like NORMAL PEOPLE do every day! No wonder you're a social retard, you alienate everyone that shows any interest in wanting to hear about you.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 29, 2009, 01:16:38 pm »
I had a class with someone like that this semester.  That kid really freaked me out, plus all he would do in class is write out lists about either Castlevania or some other game series.
Probably not a Goat, either.