Author Topic: Civilization IV and expansions  (Read 86629 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Double Dragon Dude
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization IV and expansions
« Reply #405 on: June 27, 2009, 06:47:08 pm »
I've recently had the urge to play Civ IV again. But as humans we always want more than what we're given, so I went to check the latest mods and some of the old ones that have been regularly updated, these ones are quite interesting:

Modpacks

Rise of Mankind 2.7 [BtS]
Quote from: Author
This mod is my attempt to make historically more accurate gaming experience for Civ 4: Beyond the Sword. Almost everything from the basic Civ 4 game has been modified in a way or another - you will have to learn lots of new things, starting from completely redone tech tree. The mod has been in the works for 2 years now, first released as "Epic" mod for Warlords and then later converted to "Rise of Mankind v1" for Beyond the Sword. This version 2 is continuing from version 1, adding more stuff and enhancing Civ 4 experience even more.

Rise of Mankind v2 has been designed for single player games only - it does work in multiplayer mode but to avoid running to Out of Sync errors, you'll have to install small Multiplayer fix first. You must also run the game without Revolution components enabled. You can find the fix from this post.

The mod supports only English language and I have no plans to include other language versions. English is not my native language but it's the only foreign language I've studied so the mod will be supported only in English. You can of course convert it to your own language if you want but that's going to be pretty huge task.

I recommend using Marathon speed, Noble difficulty or higher and Standard or bigger game maps. Mod has also several Earth maps and scenarios included.
Download

Fall From Heaven II 0.41 [BtS]
Fall from Heaven II is a dark fantasy mod for Civilization IV. The Age of Ice has ended, what is left of the once great empires of man have formed into small tribes, ready to rebuild and retake that which was lost. But the world is not empty. Hordes of barbarians await these new civilizations. Wild animals stalk hapless scouts and reckless emissaries. Giant spiders lie in patient wait in the jungles and the forests waiting for their prey to take that last, fatal, step.

There is great evil, but also selfless good. There are those who strive to remain neutral in the coming conflict as opposed ideologies break the world asunder once again. The first goal, is survival. The second goal is power, for good or ill. Will you pursue power through strength of arms or arcane studies, through piety or blasphemy? Choose carefully. On each path you will allies, and bitter foes, and the deeper you delve into the secrets of combat, or sorcery, or the divine, the harder it will be to turn back.
Download
Patch "b"
Media Pack (add-on)
Blue Marble for FfH2 (add-on)

Planetfall [BtS]
Planetfall is a mod for Sid Meier's Civilization 4 that uses the storyline and characters from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, combined with gameplay that takes the best from SMAC, Civilization, and the modding community.

Planetfall will not be a clone of SMAC using the Civ4 engine, but rather will incorporate the Factions, general storyline and Characters combined with the newest gameplay modifications to allow for more strategic gameplay.

(To enable the tech quotes, you should copy the SMAC fx and voices folder into the Planetfall Sounds folder, as indicated on the screenshot. If you do not do this, you'll just hear a 'ping' upon researching a technology.)
Download
Latest Patch

Fictionalization IV Beta 3.0 [BtS]
This mod, in the styles and tradition of Phillip Jose Farmer, Alan Moore, Robert Heinlein and many others, is based on the world of fiction. Drawing on mythology, folklore, literature and pop culture, Fictionalization IV takes human imagination’s fragments of stories and makes them into a single universe. Some of the characters in this mod, like Firefly and Hynkel, come from film, others like Charmant and Froshkonig, come from fairytale. Still others, like El Cid and Ivan are real, but still hold strong places in national legend. And if you have a favorite film, novel, comic, play, TV show or anything else you can think of that I haven’t represented in the mod yet, I’ll try my best to work it in somehow.
Download

Necro Cristi 0.2 [BtS]
It began with a dream. A dream of Communists versus Zombies, with a script jointly written by Anthony Burgess and HP Lovecraft and a soundtrack by Iggy Pop - in short everything I think is cool. Sadly I may never get to make that film so I tried to turn my idea into a mod instead.

Necro Cristi is a mod set after an apocalyptic event has come close to wiping out the human race. The Dead have risen and mankind exists only in small isolated pockets, fighting for its very survival. Against this backdrop the player takes control of one of eight distinct factions and aims to rebuild civilization in their own image.
Necro Cristi is strongly influenced by: Zombie flicks (obviously), science fiction of both a utopian and dystopian flavour, but especially HG Wells and George Orwell, Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri, and Mad Max. I have spent a lot of time creating a fictional world complete with backstory, complex characters, and secondary literature. Flavour is everything.
Download

Graphic Modpacks

Blue Marble 4.0 Gold [Civ IV|Warlords|BtS|Colonization]
This program allows the installation of a new graphic design for Sid Meier's Civilization IV™, based on images of the NASA projects Blue Marble and Hubble, supplemented with a graphically modernized and harmonized user interface. Individual components are selectable in the setup program. You are free to distribute, install and use this software for non-commercial purposes as long as it is kept 100% free of charge and unmodified in any way.
Download

Varietas Delectat 6.1[BtS]
"Variety is the spice of life"
Unique unit sets for civilizations - a graphical modification for BtS
Download
Leaders of Varietas Delectat (add-on)
The Island of Cuba (add-on)
Native America Expanded (add-on)
Civilization of Hungary (add-on)
Polynesia (add-on)
Australia (add-on)
Poland (add-on)

New Civilizations

Civ IV Gold 4.0 Final [BtS]
This version replaces 3.0 and adds numerous civs (90+), leaderheads(24+) and fixes to the mix.
Download
Diplomacy Fix

All of these work with (and some require) patch 3.19 for BtS, with the exception of Blue Marble.
There was a Stone Age Mod that is pretty cool too but it's not working with version 3.19 yet so I'll post it here when it comes out.
Civ IV Gold is getting an updated version soon too, so I'll make sure to announce that as well.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:49:48 pm by DarkDragon »
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #406 on: October 23, 2009, 05:22:20 am »
Rise of Mankind will be releasing v2.8 any day now. I am very excited and have been active in the creation of "ModMods" on their forum. Basiclly a "ModMod" is a Mod for the "Rise of Mankind Mod".

You Civ4 fan should come check it out.

Rise Of Mankind Forum
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269

RoM ModMod Forum
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=351

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 04, 2009, 08:28:58 am »
I cant seem to get RoM to work, can you help me?
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.