Author Topic: Sins of a Solar Empire  (Read 27068 times)

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »
My first impressions are that this game is awesome and has eliminated that bad taste in my mouth that "Sword of the Stars" left. Though that is just a first impression.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 05:51:48 pm »
If you have already set up your online account add Gamemanic as a friend. Perhaps we can get a game going tomorrow at around this time.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 06:05:10 pm »
I found this game meh-ish. I like to see what I'm doing, not control from unit trees.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04:48 pm »
So I bought the downloadable version of this game, because I'm lazy.  I already have a stardock.net account since I have galciv2, so i decided to use that one.  It's telling me my password is invalid though, even though I'm 100 percent sure I'm using the right password.  It also won't email me a new password.  It's also not letting me create a new account.  I hate stardock central. 

I emailed support asking for help.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 08:23:21 pm »
Got the game and am now addicted to it. We should definately try to get multiplayer going. Josasa is my account name with my 'player' being Cripes Amighty.

It was a pain to get an online account, the only trouble i had was typing in the CD code. After relooking over it i found an error and was able to create an account. Yeah!

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 10:01:36 pm »
I heard an interview with the developers on the 1up podcast and Sins sounds really interesting.  Would like to hear a few more peoples takes on the game before purchasing it though.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 10:05:42 pm »
Idk i have mixed feeling about the game. Its interesting but wheres the story or structure?
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 11:09:35 pm »
I read the page they put on their website for the story.  It's pretty bad, be glad they didn't include the story ingame  :P

Anyways, I'm liking the game a lot, the more I play it, the more it grows on me.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 08:58:47 am »
So after owning this game for a few days and playing some games I have to say that it is good.  It you like this type of strategic game wether it is 4X or slow strategic RTS then its a perfect match.  It is not for you if you like quick games that could end in a glorious rush.  A 4 player free for all in medium to large map can last over 4 hours if everyone goes for non combat methods of winning.  Every game will last a long time because it takes a long time to raze and then re-colonize enemy planets.  It should be great fun to set up a game with friends because random players tend to leave when things don't go their way and really it just sucks to know you have lost and have to wait an hour for them to completely kill you.  On a side not the map size can vary widely.  You can have a 1v1 with a 7 planet solar system or a large 10 player game with 3 solar systems and over 50 planets between them; those are just the pre-made maps.

I will add you to my friends josasa to see if we can get a game going.  Once again I go by Gamemanic in the game.
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 10:33:52 am »
There's actually maps with 102 planets, which sounds daunting as hell.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 11:17:55 am »
Yeah, you can set up maps that you can play over the course of several months.  Since you can save the games and start from where you left off even if its a multiplayer game the map can get pretty huge if you want them to.
-Richard Feynman

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 04:01:59 pm »
There's actually maps with 102 planets, which sounds daunting as hell.

And how many does Spore have?

What does that sound to you?

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 04:06:13 pm »
Ya but spores planets are easy to get to each other. Sin planets take a few hours to get a few colonized.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 04:08:14 pm »
Quite liked Sins of an Solar Empire (odd name)

here is my review: http://archgamer.blogspot.com/2008/02/sins-of-solar-empire-review.html  ;D

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 04:20:43 pm »
Nice review. Made me consider buying even more.

Also, your avatar, is that a Sload?