Author Topic: Halo: Reach!  (Read 15649 times)

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
Halo: Reach!
« on: September 10, 2010, 06:28:47 pm »
Never been one for making topics, so I'll keep it simple.

I know most people here don't care for Halo, but is anyone else going to be getting this on Tuesday?
I got into the beta a while ago, and LOVED it.

Trailer:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05MFKorWo9Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05MFKorWo9Y</a>

A "vidoc" showing off Forge 2.0 and Forge World, probably my favorite new addition.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1Yo0hjXh8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1Yo0hjXh8</a>
And a two-part demo of forge world:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T-OceiL7uE
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N75gJCm_cTY

Some gameplay of the new invasion gamemode:
Link!

A gameplay video on the map Paradiso, made in Forge.
Link!

A gameplay video of "Firefight", where up to four players face off against unending waves of enemies.
Link!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:39:59 pm by Skyward »

Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Halo: Reach!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 08:35:31 pm »
I know most people here don't care for Halo, but is anyone else going to be getting this on Tuesday?

Naw... I like Halo! One of my best gaming stories is from Combat Evolved.

But there isn't much to talk about with Halo. It's stupid Sci-Fi. *shrug*

Looking forward to this game from a business standpoint, though.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:16 pm »
If I had a 360 I would be getting this game.  Hmm, but my roommate does have a 360.... I might try to trick him into buying it.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:36:41 pm »
Space battle in the campaign, its gonna be awesome.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 05:40:01 am »
I will totally be getting it. Forge world looks hot. I generally like the story mode. Multi-is fun. I'll be there day one.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:27:03 am »
Eh. I got the last one....

Not getting this one.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 07:44:08 pm »
Nah I'm waiting on good games.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 03:50:21 am »
Nah I'm waiting on good games.
Then why haven't you bought a DS yet? ;)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:17:07 am »
Sh..shut up!

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 11:05:37 am »
I never quite understood the hype and fanboyism about Halo, its a mediocre FPS. Please explain ;(
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:00 pm »
It's a slightly better than average FPS when the Xbox was 1st released it was the only game worth a damn so everyone who had one played it which warranted a sequal. Which once again was the only game worth a damn on the early Xbox live so everyone wanting some console online play once again got involved. Since then the series has shown how average it really is.

All its ever been good for is some solid muliplayer action, I could get it for some online but I know I'll just be endlessly killed by people who have been playing multiplayer since they hooked up their original xbox at their mates place for LAN multiplayer.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 12:46:10 am »
So because it was one of the first Console FPS' of mediocrity it was apparently above average, and now its actually showing this because its no longer, WOW A FPS or WOW A ON-LINE FPS
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:18 am »
Whoa there little doggy the first Halo was more than medicor, it was fraking great. It had 2-player co-op for the entire single player, great A.I., vehicles you can drive/fly around in, wide open levels, big battles. For the time, there weren't many games that had even a couple of those things let alone all of them.  The 2nd game, introduced it's great multi-player (too bad the single player sucked). Halo 3, added 4-palyer co-op,  forge, theater mode. ODST sucked, well it was alright, sorta like how Bioshock 2 was alright.

Reach, we have hopefully fun Single w/ 4-player co-op, improved Forge mode, improved "horde mode" (i can't think of the real name) now with matchmaking, and it's ever solid multi-player. What's not to like?

I never quite understood the hype and fanboyism about Halo, its a mediocre FPS. Please explain ;(
I'm wondering if you even played any of the games for a extended period of time? Maybe you have, it's just you sound like a geriatric hater. It's one thing if you said you don't care for the series, ok fine not everyone is going to like the popular games. But, to dismiss everyone who plays the game as a fanboy makes you sound like a sad little troll.

All its ever been good for is some solid muliplayer action, I could get it for some online but I know I'll just be endlessly killed by people who have been playing multiplayer since they hooked up their original xbox at their mates place for LAN multiplayer.

I think that's flawed logic. Why even bother with multi-player for any game, there is always going to be people better then you. Starcraft, Team Fortress, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead. Any game you're going to get destroyed at early on, you play and get better, then you become the destroyer. :)
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:04 am »
The Halo series has always had very good gameplay.  Sure, nowadays it's fairly generic, but that's only because som many games draw from it as inspiration.

The one big complaint I have with it is the story.  It's a shame because having read the books, the extended universe is very interesting and indepth.  It's just master chef who is boring and 1-dimensional.

Hopefully Reach will remedy this.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Digital Hellhound

• Rigel Rescuer
  • I refuse to be considered a mere nuisance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 11:25:06 am »
One thing that bothered me in reviews of Halo 3 is that everyone was praising the gameplay, even though there's nothing special about it.

I'm probably gonna borrow Reach from my friend, if only for Forge 2.0.
I am the very model of a scientist salarian...