Author Topic: Who are you?  (Read 310287 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Who are you?
« Reply #990 on: June 02, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »
And you need to visit me at my flying castle.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:49 pm »
How come you never invite me to your flying castle?
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 02, 2011, 11:20:24 pm »
because he only wants me there,

k pat, how do I get there from here ?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #993 on: June 03, 2011, 07:07:16 am »
How come you never invite me to your flying castle?

You've been there all along! :D

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 03, 2011, 08:07:32 pm »
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #995 on: June 03, 2011, 09:01:24 pm »
So I've done this before, possibly multiple times, but that was all a loooong time ago, and things have indeed changed, so I felt like doing this all over again.  Aloha for anyone that I have yet to meet in my absence, and meh to anyone I already know.  Just, meh.

Anywho, I'm 18, male, living a life of intense boredom that usually involves spending five days a week in the house in various stages of wasting my life.  Only nowadays, some of it is turning mildly profitable.  I've been keeping up a site going (hosted through blogspot) on Magic: The Gathering strategy, which has reached a surprising amount of traffic over the last six months, to the point where ad support is actually kinda sorta almost compensating me for my time, and by that I mean not at all but honestly better than I expected.  I'm getting a little recognition now, which is better than most.

The rest of my life is split between mah girl Cassie (one of the few reasons I actually have for leaving the house) and non-tangible gaming, most often in the form of Team Fortress 2.  I'm still an administrator for the Mass Insanity Clan servers, although the current owners are a little strapped for cash right now so we may be running into problems soon.  In any case, in terms of games, I'll play pretty much anything.  If you hook me up on Steam (dndfreak) and want to play something, TF2, Borderlands, Killing Floor, Greed Corp, DotP, whatever it may be, long as I'm not busy I'll probably take you up on it, and even if I am busy I'll use the invite as an excuse to not be nine times out of ten.  I also try to stay on top of the MMO market, and although I never play a p2p game past release, I try to get in on every beta that I can.  There's a few games that I return to now and then, most notably Dungeon Fighter Online, but I have characters on most everything.

Occasionally, if you post something in the Personal Problems thread, you'll get a message from me as opposed to an actual reply on the boards.  I have an outstanding history of 'playing psychologist', if you will.  It's a habit, some call it good, some call it bad, but I tend to feel a need to get involved whenever I see a cry for help, so to speak.  All so far have appreciated it, so I see no need to stop, but be forewarned that I may act like a total dick but there actually is a soul underneath it all.  I'm a writer by trade, and that mostly came about because of my constant observation of human emotion.  I may not have formal training, so take what I say with a grain of salt if you will, but as I said, all who I connected with in the past have nothing bad to say about it, so I feel no need to stop.

Lastly, I want to touch upon my username, dndfreak.  It's a pretty damn big misnomer.  It just kinda stuck.  My knowledge of DnD is very basic knowledge of the 3.5 ruleset, which I've used in the past when constructing stories.  I find that giving set statistics to characters helps me stay consistent, and at the same time actually doing out at least the minor rolls helps me stay on my toes.  Sometimes, things will happen that the reader will never expect simply because I never expected it either.  Other than that and my love/hate relationship with Neverwinter Nights, absolutely nothing about me has any relation with Dungeons and Dragons.  You may expect me to frequent the RP boards, but I won't.  You may expect me to know crap about 4th edition, but I won't.  You may expect me to know the difference between a Greatsword and a Bastard sword, but I won't.  Simple as that.

So... yeah.  Good to be here.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 03, 2011, 09:05:28 pm »
good to have you back freak, i mean..dndfreak,

when I came back after being gone for a long time, someone said
"Gaming Steve: You can go, but you can never leave"
or something along those lines

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 03, 2011, 09:30:48 pm »
you forgot to tell them about your affair with my mother

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #998 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:22 pm »
Oh yeah, that too.  Kinda made me feel bad for Kaizer's dad.  I mean, that was one bad mistake.  He must've been REALLY drunk.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 03, 2011, 09:49:09 pm »
explains why they divorced when I was 10

causing the soul crushing agony of two parents that are too stupidily caught up with acting like they were right to notice their only son becoming a soulless host of sorrow and  who holds nothing but hate for his idiotic family who are too wrapped up in their own fantasy worlds to deal with the realities around them

but anyways hows everybody doin? I'm just dandy!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 04, 2011, 10:45:21 am »
I'm fine here. Y'know, discovering the Angry Marines and all.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 04, 2011, 10:00:32 pm »
my little space marine ?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #1002 on: June 05, 2011, 01:55:05 am »
Nice to have ya back, dnd.  :)

explains why they divorced when I was 10

causing the soul crushing agony of two parents that are too stupidily caught up with acting like they were right to notice their only son becoming a soulless host of sorrow and  who holds nothing but hate for his idiotic family who are too wrapped up in their own fantasy worlds to deal with the realities around them

but anyways hows everybody doin? I'm just dandy!

*e-hugs*

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 05, 2011, 08:04:55 am »
my little space marine ?

The Angry Marines, possibly the best Marine Chapter I have ever found.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Lookatroopa

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Fan-Ball Wiki
« Reply #1004 on: February 01, 2016, 03:28:23 pm »
im luka, a 20 year old person of ambiguous orientation

kinda changed my gender to none since last time i visited so i figured id give you an update on that