Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 796161 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #4665 on: August 31, 2016, 10:08:53 pm »
I wonder if the monetization thing isn't turning a profit for them, or if it isn't making enough profit and this is a some stupid move to impress stockholders somehow.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4666 on: August 31, 2016, 10:15:56 pm »
What sucks even more is that a lot of these youtubers I watch are simply selling more and more crap and getting involved in sponsorships way more.
So instead of getting some fun goofing around in some ordinary game, which I subscribed for, I'm being endlessly pandered to in every other video about this big AAA title by EA or Ubisoft or whatever.
It makes it easier for them to justify exploiting their audience for money because the ad revenue well is drying up.

I guess it was bound to happen but man, the ineptitude of this website. Christ.

EDIT: Man, they are painting everything with such a stupidly broad brush. There's even a list of things you may not be able to talk about. This is absolutely pathetic.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:20:09 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: August 31, 2016, 10:42:45 pm »
Much more of this and we'll be seeing a replacement pop up soon, I should think. Like Discord to Skype. Someone's gotta fill the niche in a way that isn't retarded.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: September 01, 2016, 03:54:48 am »
It's going to be much harder to switch from youtube to another video hosting site for pretty much any content creator.
Discord to skype is easy because it's just a program you use. Not too many people know about it yet but that doesn't matter, you and your friends can use it.
But for something like youtube, a ****load of people will have to switch over from youtube to elsewhere and you know how slow that can be.
Unless if its some super hyped up clear upgrade like with myspace to facebook.

Anyway, apparantly the delisting is somewhat selective?
This guy is a bit dramatic but it's interesting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePsGivjZpg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePsGivjZpg</a>

Not sure where this is going.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: September 01, 2016, 04:03:56 am »
Just use twitch you babies.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: September 01, 2016, 04:04:32 am »
twitch is only video games right?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: September 01, 2016, 04:09:20 am »
And "social eating", whatever in god's name that is.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4672 on: September 01, 2016, 08:55:36 am »
Blame the Koreans.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: September 17, 2016, 10:15:37 am »
I hate trying to plan stuff.  Even when plans end up changing to something better, it ends up making me mad at my flaky friends.

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4674 on: September 17, 2016, 10:33:05 am »
Do you mean like when you plan an evening but then someone else supercedes your plan with theirs?

I've had a friend confide in me that this has happened to him a number of times now and it's really driving him bonkers. I feel bad for the guy 'cause he's trying to arrange something fun with friends in his time off and then one of the other guys either transforms a chill night with games into a big event or moves the hang out location to another city an hour away.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: September 17, 2016, 10:35:54 am »
Almost exactly that, yeah.  But I wasn't too attached to the plans I had made, new plans are better, and I can spin it all as my idea I just came up with to other people.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4676 on: September 26, 2016, 06:52:01 am »
GoG's website is kinda dumb.

You enter your password and it bonks you back out to the login screen with a CAPTCHA and no message indicating what happened. Clearly your password was wrong, right? And you've been pushed back to try again, this time with a security phrase just in case.

NOPE!!

Turns out your password was correct, and the ten minutes you just spent trying to remember your password was a waste. You just had to enter the same password again, but with the CAPTCHA box checked off. Okay. Go die in a fire, GoG.

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4677 on: October 02, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »
Speaking of dumb websites
At my friend's house I briefly witnessed some kind of beta layout that youtube must be trying out. It was streamlined to hell, cramped, and didn't have everything on display in front of me right where I want it. I want nearly every website to do this but they constantly transform themselves into what looks like more mobile-oriented layouts, very condensed, huge pictures and huge fonts everywhere. It's completely and utterly retarded and I want nothing to do with it.

So I swear to god if youtube rolls out another dumbassed bullheaded change I'm going to erase the bitch from my life and move on.

EDIT: Also it needs to stop force-feeding me recommendations. I disabled them but they took the option away and now they appear in your feed anyway.
So now my bookmark goes straight to my subscription page which is completely untainted at the moment, something I'm sure these dickheads will change as soon as they can.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:21:58 pm by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4678 on: October 02, 2016, 06:08:15 pm »
Google/YouTube love to randomly change the user-interface and then swap it back randomly all the time. I feel like I might be crazy, but I'm pretty sure it is real.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4679 on: October 11, 2016, 09:08:57 am »
More cellphone gripes.

So you know how their website fails me all the time. Here's another fun one. I'm supposed to have auto-pay on my account. Well, every month they remove auto-pay from my account right before I am asked to pay, which bumps the bill up by an extra five dollars. Well this time I made sure auto-pay was on. It was.

Was at work, bought myself a hotdog because I hadn't really had any food in almost two days. You know, a treat.

Well they still charged me 35 bucks, my account overdrew because of that hot dog (I never get anything nice without paying for it x10 the next day) and now I can't get gas like I had planned, which means I've got to go beg for money if I want to work.

And people wonder why I'm angry all the time, hate most things, and want to see the system crumble and the public served up the steaming pile of **** they deserve. The public puts up with this, they've allowed absolutely unacceptable practices to become normal. This wasn't my fault, I will not be blamed for it. And I ****ing refuse to play by these rules in this system if all it means is that I get taken advantage of and robbed just because I'm standing here waiting patiently like the sign says.

Again I ask, why isn't ISIS splattering bank executives and politicians? Oh right.

OH RIGHT, AND...

My phone also doesn't work because they are claiming they never got the money, despite it being withdrawn. So now I have no money and no phone service to show for it.

Do any of you guys deal with this **** on the regular? Why does this keep happening to me all the time? It's always a matter of five dollars or less that overdraws my accounts. I'm so close and yet not close enough and I keep failing and failing. It's always a matter of dollars and cents. Nothing huge or major. It doesn't matter if I work more this week, it's always dollars and cents. If it isn't a bank surcharge (which always happen at different dates and always just when I've gotten the amount of money they've decided they want), it is some stupid technicality in my phone contract, or a new initiative by the bank, or my insurance rates have gone up by 500 dollars this year despite never being in an accident and being an excellent driver.

This ****. And people wonder why I've given up on any kind of life. The system takes the piss out of me every chance it gets and people wonder why I hate the system. I've been fighting this stupid system since I was 15 and started working. But come on, if I hadn't bought that hot dog I would be fine. But then I'd be on day three of no real food right now. And as far as I'm concerned, I had the money to cover my bill as-stated by the contract. But they changed the terms and conditions just because. I can't even step out of line without thirty people waiting in the wings to come down on me for my sins and tell me how ****ty I am. Every turn though, every single turn there's something waiting to mess things up in an unfair way that I can't fight back against.

First it was a huge ordeal over getting working papers. Nobody can ever tell me I didn't want to work. I was always there and ready and willing and able and excited to work. And for years they just decline and hire ****ty people instead. Years of trying to work at this store, only to see my idiot friends get the jobs easily and I never got a call back. Years of this. And then I finally do get decent work and I immediately, unceremoniously get taken advantage of at every turn because I'm the idiot that does work. Lesser employees get to go home early and good employees like myself get asked to stay for six extra hours so I can burn out and never get enough sleep ever again.

And I can't talk to my parents about it. They don't understand. They still think I just need to buck up and find that 90s economy that is hiding in there somewhere. All you have to do is get back on the original plan and you'll be fine.

I  hate this ****. I'm actively hoping for terrible outcomes so the system breaks and has to be re-cast. I hate this. I ****ing hate the kind of person that this world and our systems have made me into. I'm not mad at society, but I have no more hope or love for it. I want society to pay and to suffer. I'm not going to get up off of my ass to make that happen, so you can relax.

But society has lost my help. I'm a powerful brain, they really could use my kind of help. But time and time again they spurn me and tell me that I'm no help. So you won't get my help. I'll sit here and burn to a crisp while I watch the same happen to the rest of society. And they can bang at my doors all night and will not answer. I'm not helping anymore, I'm not trying anymore, and I'm looking out for myself.

You had your chance. I'm breaking up with you.

Enjoy your comeuppance, society. If it hurts you in even a fraction of the way it has hurt me, you are getting off easy and I will personally take time out of my day to push your face deeper into the mud, you ungrateful, inattentive pieces of ****. Die slowly and loudly.