Author Topic: Spore Wish List (ideas and suggestions you want to see).  (Read 384343 times)

Offline jujubee

• Missile Commander
  • Notoriously Unnotorious
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Wish List
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2005, 03:41:07 am »
greeks had batteries? I always though it was the Egyptions... anyway I think it would be cool ( if it hasent been menched already) if we were given a blueprint like picute of are building, tanks,ect and a andmy of or creauters. for the blueprint you would just creat an aftereffect and for the andmy of the creture yuo would use more procedule stuff. sorry for all the bad spelling.

Offline Orne

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2005, 08:09:47 am »
I was close, but wrong... the earliest discovered battery-like object appears to be from (what is today known as) Iraq.  The Bagdad Battery (http://www.unmuseum.org/bbattery.htm) is a chemical battery that appears it could be used to electroplate gold onto metal objects... made in approx 200 AD, according to the style of construction of the vase, then the "technology" was lost.

Anyways, I realized that I forgot to add the point to my posting... My final point was supposed to be that, looking at the various cultures across the globe, a society tends to stagnate at a particular technological level, but doesn't "jump" through a discovery phase unless the technology was introduced by a society that already had it. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 08:12:16 am by Orne »

Offline SC

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2005, 11:08:04 am »
Oh right, now i get the sports and the new ideas are great, especialy the econic, forced and diplomatic slavery things, i still don't agree about two tanks a city though- it's far two few the best way would be to make them super expensive imo.

Offline Aker

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2005, 02:08:02 pm »
Ok, seems our ideas about armies and war needs more working and consent in this spore's community.
Here is my proposal for the Army and the War Management System in Spore:

You must have a budget of how much number can have depending in your civilization happyness stat and your resources, you can bypass your max but your civilization will start to fall in all the other areas, becoming unhappy, and later your cities are much less productive in general and even your troops could start to desert over time.
Its real and simple, and I've inspired it in the ancient rome. This civilization did tremendous efforts to run epic campaigns around the old europe and conquer all. In the other hand Rome had high taxes, restricted freedom and people didnt rebel because they had a good development in the entertainment industry: gladiators, slave's market, and specially they did win almost all wars and used all the resources they can from their new colonies and converted cities.
To keep it simple,fun, still freedom and working:
Your city allow you to build, transform (into other type of unit in a city)or destroy any war unit. (You could also sell it to your friend species, but do you are sure you want them to have your army power?)
You have a limited budget you can bypass with consequences, the budget limit can be raised in many ways.
+1 for each city or colony, +4 for having your civilization extremely happy, +1 for every 10 slaves you have. This concept of budget can be expanded.
If you have a totally budget of 10 (not a very powerfull civilization) you could use those points as follow:

Vehicles: You need them to move war units without UFO. Vehicles can be controlled individually
Tank t 4 (War Vehicle) Power 30, Defense 30, Speed 15, Hitpoints 1000 Capacity to carry Units: 6
Airplane  4 (War Vehicle) Power 25, Defense 10, Speed 40 Hitpoints 800 Capacity to carry units: 6
Submarine  4 (War Vehicle) Power 30, Defense 30, Speed 20, Hitpoints 900 Capacity to carry units: 6
Ship Cost 2 (War Vehicle) Power 25, Defense 20, Speed 30 Hitpoints 1100 Capacity to carry units: 6
Helicopter 2 (War Vehicle) Power 10, Defense 10, Speed 30 hitpoints 400 Capacity to carry units: 6

WAR UNITS:s dont have max as you have enough resources to build them up but they need to be moved with a Vehicle, and when the vehicle starts to fight the war units go out and start fighting automatically. :They are moved in packs around their vehicle, if the vehicle is destroyed they are lost.

Robots and Mechs Cost (uses doble space in vehicles) (War Unit) power 6 each unit
Infantry    (War Unit) power 3 each unit
Enslaved troops (War Unit) power 2-4 each unit (depending what type of slave are they)
small war vehicles or mounted creatures (War Units) power 4 each unit

The UFO is free from the budget as this is not considered a war unit or a regular vehicle. And you can only have one because its an extraordinary big machine with many uses out the war.
Your UFO can carry all the big vehicles you want around the galaxy.

You can build your army as you like: mostly airplanes and a few submarines filled with War Robots and enslaved infantry... or any combination you want.

I hope you see the vehicle are the most important but the harder to build and if you lost a vehicle you also lost their war units, a big damage dealer in the war and they cant be killed but are lost when the vehicle is destroyed (make them captured by the enemy?).
You will move small packs of vehicles to the war, and then automatically the crowd will look bigger when fighthing for the carried war units.
I like the simple idea of making small units unkillable until the big vehicles are destroyed, this does war more easy and watch your entire army fighting makes yourself feel very powerfull.
Enough easy with this system you only have to move vehicles and slect where you want to attack, the rest is automatic.
You would like to invest the time preparing your small units to fill the vehicles and make your army more effective, better than expend your efforts to build and control millions of units in every war encounter.
Even with this system I feel the budget limit need a max like 10 vehicles, just think 2 tanks filled of small troops would destroy any city in minutes.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 02:11:46 pm by Aker »

Offline Areku

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2005, 05:25:28 pm »
From what I've read in the transcript it seems things become very open-ended and customizable in the space stage. One worry I have is that with all the editors opened and the ability to cross breed etc. that a lot of focus may be taken off your actual creature, or does the game still center on your creature? Another thing is, does the genetic engineering part go really far? What I'm asking is, can you find a race of frogs and just turn them into birds or will the editor have limits on to how much you can edit them? Because with that amount of power, you'd never need to fight a race, you would just genetically engineer them to be unintelligent and limbless so that they can't harm you.  ???

Offline Spinal232

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • For LUEshi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2005, 06:45:37 pm »
which demands the question: does the entire race magically change or is it just that specific one? does it just make a seperate species?
…./|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_…………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :0 `-, ………

Offline Aker

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2005, 07:34:21 pm »
which demands the question: does the entire race magically change or is it just that specific one? does it just make a seperate species?

I think it's obvious you only change the specific creatures of same species you have inside your UFO and if you want cross breed a whole sentient and advanced civilization you must abduct all of them, so its not going to be possible you change one entire super agressive predator species to be preys stupids, but you can try to abduct them all, but I think you will only get your UFO destroyed trying it.
And also its obvious if you mutate a species now its not the old species, but is YOUR reenginered species, and we have to imagine we will be forced to rename it.

Offline Areku

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2005, 08:37:27 pm »
I still wonder how much you can change a certain creature... and once you get so advanced with robots, genetics, and every editing tool know to man will the focus shft from helping advance your species and using them to rule the galaxy to going back to all the diferent stages and just editing stuff? I mean I love the editor and can't wait to customize every aspect of the game with it, but I still want the main focus of our game to be on our creatures we have designed from the ground up. If I know Will, I am sure there will be multiple ways to play the game though....  ;D

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2005, 06:47:24 pm »
"i wish i had a space suit!"

the final thoughts of any thing that crosses my empire

But seriously space suits rock! i can just see the possibilities if your creatures don't have to have an atmosphere
Battle on the barren moons of far away jovian worlds.
walk the dark depths of the ocean planets
thrive in the noxious atmosphere of foriegn worlds
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 11:01:02 pm by golgrig »
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline LobsterMobster

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Fear the devestation of the crustacean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2005, 10:39:25 am »
I'd like sexual dimorphism.

Also, amorphous blobs that eat by phagocytosis would be cool.  :D

Offline Deep Lee

• Omega Racer
  • Don't quote pictures. Use words to describe them.
    • View Profile
    • DeepLee.com
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2005, 08:47:28 am »
I want to be able to print out my creations (and other people's) and put them on my wall as art. So I want the option to turn all on-screen icons off, zoom in or out as I please, lock the camera angle a certain way (and Freeze the frame, to capture action), possibly change the weather and time of day, so I can get the perfect kodak moment for a screenshot.

Offline LobsterMobster

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2005, 08:50:52 am »
I want to be able to print out my creations (and other people's) and put them on my wall as art. So I want the option to turn all on-screen icons off, zoom in or out as I please, lock the camera angle a certain way (and Freeze the frame, to capture action), possibly change the weather and time of day, so I can get the perfect kodak moment for a screenshot.

Safari mode? :)

Offline LobsterMobster

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2005, 10:14:42 am »
Dunno how many of these have already been posted but I figured I'd bring it over from the expansion pack thread.

Floating cities, asteroid/orbital colonies, multiple intelligent races in tribal/city stage, Sims-style individual interaction, historical events (kind of like Wonders in Civilization), options for nomads/migration, alternate sources of 'food' (like lightning, water, soil, sunlight, etc.), more options for weather/natural disasters, a weapon editor, more clothing options (since these seem like they'll be pretty limited), expanded complexity in creature editor (multiple spinal columns?  Invertibrates?), religion/holiday editor, alien artifacts (that you find, not like the monoliths that you place), increases/decreases in maximum/minimum sizes, sexual dimorphism, alternate forms of reproduction, procedural evolution (so the game will cause mutations beyond your control), disease, celebrities/pop culture/fads, transforming buildings/moving cities, cities built on comparatively gigantic living creatures (like on the back of a giant turtle or in the chitin of a beetle, etc.), alternate forms of vision and sensory (ESP, infravision, sonar), alternate body composition (silicon-based, energy-based), more variation in base creature type (alternative coloration, aging effects, scarring and dismemberment from combat and accidents), hibernation (keep your race in stasis till another race starts populating your planet), cities within a UFO/vehicle, ethnic cleansing, cultural revolution (beyond player control), geniuses (individual creatures that generate unique vehicles or buildings), music editor, voice editor...

That's just off the top of my head.  I'm sure some of this is going to be in the game but I'm equally sure some of it won't be.  :)

Offline LobsterMobster

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2005, 10:18:02 am »
Oh, yeah, and divergent evolution (kind of like how chimps co-exist with humans).

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2005, 11:02:32 pm »
Flying animals and cultures. So you can have birs bats and what not. Just think of the races of say pterasaurs living on the side of cliffs and flying off or perched atop tree houses.