Author Topic: Creature Melting Pot  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Hunter

• Defender Devotee
  • Borat A Very Nice
    • View Profile
Creature Melting Pot
« on: October 30, 2006, 07:33:30 pm »
After "casually" reading through nearly all Fan creatures made by GS'ers, I couldnt help but notice that during spurts of time, the creatures were very similar in grouping.  There were spreads of birds, reptiles, mammals, and most recently, alot of creatures are like Insects.  So, I would like to see what kind of creature pops up when everyone has a say in how it looks and functions.

Here is an overview:

All you have to do is add your say in the creature that the person has posted above you. Tweaking it slightly so that it becomes a complete product of our imaginations.  It doesnt have to be real life dynamics, so break all rules and go wild. If you dont feel like writing, and would like to be generous, just draw a picture.  Your post can be discredited however :P ;)

So, for simplicity, I was thinking of an upright-walking lizard

Have a lot of Sexy Time with the American lady... a very nice!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Creature Melting Pot
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 02:07:49 am »
Hunter, what would you categorize these creature under? A lot of my other are obvious which category but these I am even having a hard time to pick what category they belong in.

Reptilian?

Rock?

Mammal?

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:13:32 am »
Hunter, what would you categorize these creature under? A lot of my other are obvious which category but these I am even having a hard time to pick what category they belong in.

pic
Reptilian?

another pic
Rock?

yet more pics
Mammal?

first one is agreed reptilian

second one sylacon life form (sylacon??? sp?)

i think this one is maybe a reptilian as well ehteir that of some type of sybiotic lfe form i am not sure if the bottom is another animal or not
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:55:57 am »
Its all one creature, not symbiotic.

Here is my Umbilical Stilt Walker. It is a tall creature in which has 3 sub creatures on it. The main creature has 3 long legs and 3 eyes with a mushroom-like head. Coming out of its mushroom head are 3 little creatures connected by durable umbilical cord tails. The main creature has no mouth and depends upon the smaller ones to live. If one get pulled off it can grow another little creature. The little umbilical creatures jump on to nearby trees and eat fruit, nuts, leaves and insects. Also occasionally eggs. Each one has a small brain in which it uses to navigate the treetops.

The main creatures brain is constantly looking out for predators and new trees to travel to. When walking they peach atop the head until they can jump off and climb around the tree tops for food. When getting water they dangle down and slurp up the water. The creature breathes out of the bottom on the mushroom head. So air goes out to the little creatures but food comes back to the main body to be digested in the huge gut atop the tripod legs.

Offline Hunter

• Defender Devotee
  • Borat A Very Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 03:53:15 am »
Hydro, you are one of few who play the  exception.  While I would definately say that the first one is reptilian, most, if not all of your creatures are unique from trends.  There isnt any obvious pattern in yours, but most other's creatures fall pretty close in line with one another.  Not to say they are all like that,  but a good bit of them fall side by side. 

Needless to say, alot of creatures posted here, you can tell were influenced by alot of others.

However, the very small category that I have seen is plant like animals.  Possibly, that is what you would put the third under as a hybrid with mammals.  As for the second one, that is miscellaneous... no clue what it would fall under
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 03:55:49 am by Hunter »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 04:36:58 am »
Most of us are subconsiously opposed to plant animals cause they're not in Spore. Well, me anyway.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 06:41:20 am »
Most of us are subconsiously opposed to plant animals cause they're not in Spore. Well, me anyway.

Say what to who now?   ???

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 08:17:05 am »
That looks like a form of natural camoflauge, not a true planimal. Or animant. Or whatever.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 09:18:37 am »
well Expansion: land of the trees/plant, sit around all day looking pointless and being the most boring thing on the planet, exept for people who like to smell you but then become toxic and kill them for there ignorence, you won't progrss past the creture stage and will spend hours staring at yourself on screen

unless you ment becoming photosynthetic, but that would have no point, so they probably offer leaves/flowers as decrotive bits, and thats probably why they have a flora editor.

I also suggest something with tenticals and a shell.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 11:15:35 am »
Well I've always learned that its better to learn things and look like a fool, then to learn nothing at all.
I know that everyone says that being photosynthetic doesnt provide enough energy, but would it not be good as an extra? Like for example, your hairs being capable of photosynthesising? Our hairs don't do anything but keep us warm, anyway. Or maybe even our skin, but just as an addition. I could imagine desertanimals like elephants or rhinos, with their big bodies, having at least a few extra days of energy if they were capable of photosynthesising.

So not -instead of eating-, but just an addition?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 01:42:21 pm »
Well I've always learned that its better to learn things and look like a fool, then to learn nothing at all.
I know that everyone says that being photosynthetic doesnt provide enough energy, but would it not be good as an extra? Like for example, your hairs being capable of photosynthesising? Our hairs don't do anything but keep us warm, anyway. Or maybe even our skin, but just as an addition. I could imagine desertanimals like elephants or rhinos, with their big bodies, having at least a few extra days of energy if they were capable of photosynthesising.

So not -instead of eating-, but just an addition?

You basically described a Sagan 4 Plent.

Offline Hunter

• Defender Devotee
  • Borat A Very Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 02:47:06 pm »
okey dokey.. this got off topic...

/back on topic

BTW: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! >:D

Offline Russ1

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 01:36:59 pm »
You those drawings early on are great, it will be sooooo good when we can make them real. What a mavel technology is.