Poll

Where are you from

Europe
America
Other

Author Topic: Forum Demographics Discussion  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Demographics Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 09:58:36 am »
Typical, GC. Refuse to engage in debate and run off crying, taking your ball with you. I actually called this one in IRC, and I was right.

Your entire method of debate is to refuse to do so, and then you complain that other people want to call you on your viewpoint. You stubborn refusal to self-examine is disappointing to say the least. You have absolutely no right to complain that your arguments are rubbished if you refuse to defend them.

Next time have the integrity to admit you're wrong rather than having a tantrum.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:00:25 am by Daxx »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 10:11:24 am »
So you've lost a debate, big deal.

Do you know how many debates I've lost to Daxx here? Get over it. These people are good at debating and they don't take any crap. I had the very same problem some of you are having and the simple solution is to stop taking things personally. They are not attacking you, they are attacking your idea. Be prepared to defend yourself or step out of the line of fire.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 10:14:07 am »
Um..... Isnt discussion/debate only..... 1 topic of discussion? It isnt as though this is a political/idealogical/idea ranting board.

Personally, I didnt come here for the Everything Else topic. I game here for Will Wrights Spore and Games Games and more Games. So, when you say lurkers are turned away becasue of the Everything Else(which understandably is the second largest topic of discussion); I would like you to remember that there is an entire board out there and most dont join in because they want to express thier differing views in Everything Else...

Most join for Spore  :P
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 10:18:04 am »
I wonder who unlocked this...

Anyway i called this one. naturally if i don't want to debate its because I'm running off crying and can't prove my points  ::).

Its what you always say Daxx.

But truth be told i have a life, I don't like spending that much time debating in an internet forum.

I never intended this to be a debate. It was a suggestion the suggestion box and was moved by a mod.

Bet you and your lackeys are having a right old laugh in IRC too right?. Knock yourselves out.

I rarely see Daxx win. Other people just get bored before he does.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 10:18:33 am »
Meh, at least he hasn't taken the grind your opponent down through constant nit-picking and obscuring the issue root.

Anyways I'd say more like a couple of ant colonies near each other than a hornets nest....
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 11:30:35 am »
Gorman, you keep bringing up the point that this in an Internet forum. Okay... then just let it be and stop responding. That's the most important thing you need to know right now, you don't have to respond to everything. A non-response is just as telling as an actual response. The reason that you and others get battered and beaten so much is because you don't know when to not talk.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 11:36:39 am »
Gorman, you keep bringing up the point that this in an Internet forum. Okay... then just let it be and stop responding. That's the most important thing you need to know right now, you don't have to respond to everything. A non-response is just as telling as an actual response. The reason that you and others get battered and beaten so much is because you don't know when to not talk.

I agree with you and normally i don't respond. I actually did lock this topic to end it then.

I did not unlock it. A mod must have for some reason or another..

But i suppose i did not need to respond to the comment that followed when it unlocked.. :-\
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:38:30 am by Gorman Conall »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 11:40:03 am »
LadyM unlocked it because this discussion had somehow spilled over into the Suggestion Box topic. It seems like the issue has talked itself out though and we can let it drift down to the depths.