Author Topic: Quillaran - My new creature  (Read 29650 times)

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
Re: Quillaran - My new creature
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2006, 10:30:34 pm »
Anything new?  You should do more about these guys, they're awesome!
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2006, 11:01:12 pm »
Anything new? You should do more about these guys, they're awesome!

Yes I agree they are awesome.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2006, 10:31:02 pm »
*Gaspeth* He died!

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 12:35:00 am »
Haha not dead yet, just been away since Spore news is clight these days. I will have a commisioned pic for you all of the Quillaran as soon as my check gets to Bonemouse...  ;D

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 12:43:02 am »
Holy crap, Areku has risen like Christ! Its a Christmas miracle in June!

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2006, 06:53:45 am »
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2006, 07:53:24 am »
w00t, the Quillarans are back!  ;D
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2006, 01:47:04 am »

Once again Dr. Nauvorkean (the Naucean from the prison Escape Adventure) is at it again. He has created many abominations by making alien hybrids such as the "Nazean" and his latest creation the "Torquil"!!  The Torquil are a hybrid of the Torpal and Quillaran. This strange harry combination makes for a most dangerous specimen. It has 8 clawed limbs, spiked armor, a toothy muscle, pointy eats and 8 eyes. It makes a horrible didgeridoo sounding howl and can climb up just about anything. Its bat is virtually impenetrable to laser fire and it has a terrible temper. If there was an ever an abominable snow man this was it since it thrives in cold climate with its woolly quill filled fur. This is one of the more popular specimens in the Scion Complex chimera pit fighting.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2006, 03:11:01 am »
It's funny how so many creatures on here remind me of ex-girlfriends...

Nice job. Bloody ugly looking beast.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2006, 11:01:33 am »
Freaking awsome Hydro, I love it. Haha... looks like it could kcik serious ass.
On a note: I should get my pic from Bonemouse soon, and along with that I got some extra information ready to post as soon as it gets here  ;)

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2006, 12:05:35 am »
Hooray! (again)

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2006, 07:04:41 pm »
Yay! Finally got Bonemouse's pic request... so here it is:

Thanks so much to him for an amazing picture! Go commision him, he deserves money....haha!

And as promised the NEW Quillaran info! The creation story(Uploaded to SporeWiki days ago, but none of you checked there did you?  ;) Check out the SporeWiki page anyways for updated stuff, the pic will be there soon!):
As stated by Quillaran history, handed down and recorded in historical scripts kept by the Ecclesiastical Council of Ancestors:

In the beginning there was the Sun and Quillaris.

The Spirit of the Sun,Solis, taking a liking to Quillaris, had two children with him. They named their two children Pelagia, the boy and the oldest, and Yogar, the younger and a girl. The two children were the first two spiritual beings to resemble Quillaran. Yogar had a beautiful White coat of quills, pure and unsoiled. Pelagia's quills were an ugly dirty red color. Being jealous of his younger sister's coat of quills, Pelagia slowly plotted ways to get rid of her.

As the two children roamed across their father, the mighty Quillaris, their thoughts and feelings manifested into the numerous physical features found on the planet today. Yogar's pure thoughts and actions created the plentiful forests, beautiful lakes, and colorful sky. Pelagia's cold and dark thoughts created the jagged mountains, desolate wastelands of deserts, and the dark night sky. Quillaris, their father was quite proud of each of them contributing to his otherwise blank land, however Pelagia suspected that his father favored Yogar over himself.Continuing his evil thoughts, Pelagia's intents manifested themselves into the cold ice and snow that now covers the planet. The severe cold destroyed most of the beautiful things Yogar had created, killing many plants and freezing many bodies of water. Fearing for his daughter's life, Quillaris, not being able to seperate or kill either of the two himself, did the only thing he could do, locked their spirits into large objects composed of rock and jettisoned them out into space, keeping Yogar close to him in order to keep an ever watchful eye out for her. Pelagia, orbiting farther from his father and looking jet black being so far from Quillaris, was still close enough to his sister so that he must live with his jealousness for eternity as he continues to despise and plot against his sister, hoping one day he will be free again.

Mourning the loss of both her children, the Sun spirit, Solis, created the race of the Quillaran in the likeness of her two children, giving them traits of both Pelagia and Yogar in hopes that the balance of power would keep them alive and safe for all time. She sent them to live on Quillaris, who happily accepted them and would vow to protect them for all time.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2006, 07:07:22 pm »
Tight man. Damn skippy.

Offline tooma125

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Viddy Well, Droog. Viddy Well.
    • View Profile
    • The Matarissans
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2006, 07:09:35 pm »
 :o That is such a good drawing! I love those kinds of pictures for fanart! Great job Bonemouse!
Matarissans make my soul cry blood...

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2006, 07:11:10 pm »
Looks alive almost...