Author Topic: my final answer to spelling nitpicks  (Read 17188 times)

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
Re: my final answer to spelling nitpicks
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2006, 06:13:27 pm »
Define please.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2006, 06:14:44 pm »
It was a compliment, don't worry!

A spin factory, you manufacture and distribute spin. In this case, you spun their condition into a positive.

You can also spin it the other way and make it a negative.

You are noble.

:)

Now, would you like to come into my van?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2006, 06:19:16 pm »
Is there candy?

And thank you. Maybe my social skills aren't so bad after all. ;) I live by a simple motto. Not sure what it is, but it works.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2006, 09:07:18 pm »
No candy someone ate it all only fireworks and puppy's left.

I try not to be a spelling or grammer nazi but mostly because when I comes to bad english I'm a serial offender. Although recently I have tried to make sure it improves the spell check is sorely missed.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2006, 10:11:02 am »
my spelling is attrocious so i only mention someone elses spelling if they spell like "c u l8er"
Never mind your own business.

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
those god dam spelling nazis
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2006, 03:23:19 am »
who here is sick of all the god dam spelling nazis
they understand what we are saying and no what we mean and yet thet still manage to go off the topic of the of the thread and have ago at you because of your spelling i mean no1 cares honestly as long as they no wat your trying to say then whats the big deal
It is said that something as small as the flutter of a butterflies wings can ultimately cause a typhoon on the other side of the world. The Chaos Theory.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: those god dam spelling nazis
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2006, 03:24:10 am »
And this has crap all to do with spore.

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2006, 03:25:11 am »
sorry about were i posted this but i am only on this forum for the spore community and yer so i just placed it in here mi apologies
It is said that something as small as the flutter of a butterflies wings can ultimately cause a typhoon on the other side of the world. The Chaos Theory.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2006, 03:26:29 am »
put It In everything else ;)

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2006, 03:29:30 am »
i once made a tread like this. don't worry about it to much they have to get used to it.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Temple

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2006, 03:40:47 am »
I actualy think its kind of respectless to completely ignore spelling. I mean, correcting minutae and details is one thing, but pointing out that punctuation and a semblance of grammar might be a good idea if you want to be taken seriously is quite another.

If you dont take the time to spell properly, people might take you for an imbecil or at the very least lazy. If you have a problem, such as Aspergers Syndrome or Dyslexia, then thats a whole different ballgame. Simply informing potential readers of this should be enough. But in my book there is no excuse for lazyness.

Now, I presume this is related to my translation of one of the OPs posts in another thread. That was intended more as a jest than a slight, and if I hit a nerve I can only apologize. It is one thing to be conscious of spelling, and another to be an ass. Sorry man, I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:53:37 am by Temple »
WWWWD?
(What Would Will Wright Do?)

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2006, 03:46:02 am »
1. its a gaming forum there is no need to point out spelling
2. if you eva taken any science or maths class u will c everything is abreviated and unfortunatly thats the only classes i pay attention in so i have growen quite attatched to abreviation and not paying attention to spelling
sure if it was a forum on say shacksperes work or some great new novel then maybe i would pay attention to spelling

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2006, 03:48:24 am »
Well if you're allowed to type without even thinking about the spelling, then why would be not be allowed to correct you on it?
these "god dam spelling nazis" are usually just here to help you, but if you really hate it then just ignore their posts, rather then telling them to ignore yours.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2006, 03:49:32 am »
so you mean you're purposely misspelling? get firebox 2.0 It has a built In spell checker so even If you type something wrong In say here It points It out and you Just right click and fix.

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2006, 03:53:23 am »
fair enuff well put im just sick of it thats all i make three threads and all of them get flocked by spelling nazis and it just irratates me
if i wanted to be good at spelling and what not i would pay attention in english

no i dont miss spell on purpose its become a habit tho c now not to offend all the aussies out there good love you all but were i come from our well the people i no and hang with most of use are laid back and this is how we spell we dont pay attention at all and come to think of everyone i've met is like that and the only people who do this are the people who have to much time on there hands to sit back and point out spellling errors