Author Topic: spore mistakes  (Read 14455 times)

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: spore mistakes
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2006, 10:19:10 pm »
A plant in orbit isnt attached to the ground. Also, higher up theres less affect by gravity. Plants only have a problem with bringing up food because of gravity. If you could attach packets of dirt and water (which u changed regularly) to feed the thing, it could work. As long as you dont put the plant so high that it has no air to breath. Also plants and trees do have a life span and some plants can never live long enough to grow beyond a certain size. So theres alot of factors that come into it.
true, but something like that wouldn't evolve on its own, it would need some kind of intervention (to bring the "packets" of soil/water etc. for example)

Maybe it's a symbiotic relationship? Some creature brings up some water and soil and in return the plant produces fruit to eat.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2006, 04:34:25 pm »
Maybe it's a symbiotic relationship? Some creature brings up some water and soil and in return the plant produces fruit to eat.
I guess, but what kind of creature would evolve to fly practically in orbit and at the same time be able to carry soil, etc. on the way.
I think this kind of thing would really have to be completely artificial, I mean, it's possible, but it would have to be completely engineered by a sentient race (but then... I guess you could call it a symbiotic relationship between that race and the plant, so I just proved myself wrong! YAY!)

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline vulcan101

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2006, 01:02:34 am »
this has nothing to do with a plant.
you have a moon orbiting a gas giant and the planet is orbiting sun. you then blow up the sun or get rid of it by some means, after a while depending on how far away the planet is , it would lose light and the suns gravity to keep it in orbit, therefore the planet goes parading into space. (BTW this is an idea produced from a NASA physicist). the moon contains life, and the gas giant is there to provide enough gravity to keep the moon in place during its journey though space. when theres no light theres no heat causing an ice age and this would alter the evolution path of all life on the moon.

this really has no point but it seems logical enough, does any1 else think this could occur, due to the fact that we know you can blow up planets but we don't no about suns.   it would just be cool to see how much life would change in those thousands of years (hours real time)
It is said that something as small as the flutter of a butterflies wings can ultimately cause a typhoon on the other side of the world. The Chaos Theory.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2006, 01:44:13 am »
this has nothing to do with a plant.
you have a moon orbiting a gas giant and the planet is orbiting sun. you then blow up the sun or get rid of it by some means, after a while depending on how far away the planet is , it would lose light and the suns gravity to keep it in orbit, therefore the planet goes parading into space. (BTW this is an idea produced from a NASA physicist). the moon contains life, and the gas giant is there to provide enough gravity to keep the moon in place during its journey though space. when theres no light theres no heat causing an ice age and this would alter the evolution path of all life on the moon.

this really has no point but it seems logical enough, does any1 else think this could occur, due to the fact that we know you can blow up planets but we don't no about suns.   it would just be cool to see how much life would change in those thousands of years (hours real time)
Blowing up a star might put out the light, but would in no way negate it's gravitational pull.

Actually, the sun disappearing was one of the "what ifs" Einstein came up with trying to figure out how gravity works.

We may be able to blow up stars in Spore, but everything would be dead within minutes.  Not enough time to evolve really.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2006, 02:35:55 am »
If the life not allready have evolved to surive without a sun. Only a small part of the life on earth surives on light on earth. Much or it can be found deep underground or near heatvent consumining chemical biproducts from the earths core.

And are we not moving a bit off topic?
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2006, 01:08:41 pm »
How about a spherical plant large enough to have its own gravitational pull, and attract oxygen and other nutrients to it by means of an atmosphere? Orbiting a star as a planet in close orbit, it could absorb light and heat from the star, and absorb nutrients from its own atmosphere.

Would this produce a bizarre symbiotic relationship with a civilisation that may dwell there, one that couldn't occur naturally? With the amount of Carbon Dioxide a planet-sized plant would require, even if the inside of it has died and it is now feeding off it's own decaying remains, is enormous. Could a civilisation run enough combustion engines to produce that much Carbon Dioxide, and breath the Oxygen that the plant creates, thus forming a symbiotic relationship? The plant couldn't survive without the civlisation in this case, so how could they come to live on it?

If the inside of the giant plant is decaying, wouldn't that create gases like methane, and eventually rip the planet-plant apart in a massive explosion?

What is the plant was sufficiently massive to have stars orbiting it, rather than the other way round?

I've taken this topic far away from its intended course...
Not a winner anymore.

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2006, 02:49:03 pm »
How about a spherical plant large enough to have its own gravitational pull, and attract oxygen and other nutrients to it by means of an atmosphere? Orbiting a star as a planet in close orbit, it could absorb light and heat from the star, and absorb nutrients from its own atmosphere.

Would this produce a bizarre symbiotic relationship with a civilisation that may dwell there, one that couldn't occur naturally? With the amount of Carbon Dioxide a planet-sized plant would require, even if the inside of it has died and it is now feeding off it's own decaying remains, is enormous. Could a civilisation run enough combustion engines to produce that much Carbon Dioxide, and breath the Oxygen that the plant creates, thus forming a symbiotic relationship? The plant couldn't survive without the civlisation in this case, so how could they come to live on it?

If the inside of the giant plant is decaying, wouldn't that create gases like methane, and eventually rip the planet-plant apart in a massive explosion?

What is the plant was sufficiently massive to have stars orbiting it, rather than the other way round?

I've taken this topic far away from its intended course...
Wow, now THAT kind of makes sense...
It makes me think, maybe you could simply have a giant plant growing on an entire planet and slowly sucking it dry, but it is such an adaptive organism that it uses up all of the elements that it finds until the planet is completely gone, and all that's left is a giant plant-planet orbiting the sun and possibly feeding off of itself...

My Sporepedia page:

The Agnoculus:

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2006, 04:57:51 pm »
Which is much like the world i The Saga of Ryzom i might add.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 08:27:15 pm »
I can say with a fair amount of certainty that EA is going to be providing a lot of patches to Spore. The good news is that there will be a million players working day and night as diligent playtesters who will (rightfully) take it as a mark of pride to be able to find a new way to break Spore. There will probably be at least one forum devoted purely to the topic of bugs and it, without a doubt, will be flooded.

But, after two or three months, things will die down as the more common bugs get weeded out one after another. Once in a while, but at decreasing intervals, someone will cook up a new abomination that can only occur only under horribly improbable circumstances. Then modders will start screwing with the laws of physics and whole new bugs start up because of incompatabilities.
I was just looking at this, and thinking, "But isn't the team working on spore supposed to be abnormally small compared to that of other games?".
How are they going to cope with this immense ammount of bugs, which you say is sure to happen (and I agree)?

My Sporepedia page:

The Agnoculus: