Author Topic: Spore community game?:)  (Read 13472 times)

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
Spore community game?:)
« on: July 16, 2006, 03:05:18 pm »
Well, i have been thinking of writing some sort of spore related game for a very long time now...
the consept has changed allot over time, and most of my ideas are usually allot bigger projects... but now I'm thinking that i should perhaps go for something smaller?
so why not include people on this spore community in my project?:)

now.... is there any one out there ho have any suggestions(not to big ones), or any one ho are handy with graphics...
then i am willing to put something to gether :D

A interesting idea would be if we could use those Spore avatar icons created by one of the users here? since thy almost seem to symbolize the static consept of spore... but that is only an idea :)
the problem is that those are not a complite set of sprites for a game, so then we need more in that exact same style :S

I will only do 2D games, and we have like a million of those Spore-cell-stage clones ... so something else who'd be nice(?), something that can be multiplayer perhaps?

Go wild!;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:13:57 pm by xip »

/WushuKid

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Spore community game?:)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 08:17:04 pm »
wait what are you talking about and use spell check this time
Right on

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 08:44:36 pm »
I did use spell check ... I always do!, the problem is, the spell check gives you a bunch of similar words, for example "see", "sea", "se" and so on... then how am i to know what word to select? thy sound the same to me ... and also, more importantly ... the spell-check don't complain on sentence error, only if a word exists or not...
The spell-check only works if you know how a word is spelled, but don't see the error, for example.

I don't get why so many people in this forum don't anderstand this? ...

PS: if you don't believe me, simply copy my text above in to spell-check, and run it... it will not give you any errors... hell, copy any text i write and try it in the spell check .... and you wont get errors... why do you people think that is?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:07:09 pm by xip »
/WushuKid

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 08:47:35 pm »
ok whatever, but whats this about a game that your going to make or something
Right on

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 08:58:36 pm »
I will try to put it simple, dude ;)

I do allot of programming, and now I'm thinking of writing a simple game about spore... or related to spore :)
I'm talking about a small 2D game, for example... like those Spore-flash cell-stage games floating the net? but since we have a bunch of those already, lets go with something else?:)

and for the fun of it, why not let people in this community/forum contribute, art, ideas, or whatever, and i will make a game out of it :)
nothing to big, nothing to fancy... and strictly 2D, only something fun for the community to play with while waiting for spore :D

I work mostly with application development, but there is a puzzle game on my homepage if that helps :)
http://xip.servebeer.com/

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:16:38 pm by xip »
/WushuKid

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 03:41:09 am »
If you're going to lay a one-line reply and not even bother with capitalisation or punctuation then you're not really in much of a place to criticise. Its annoying when people whine about stuff they're no better for, and its even more annoying when they whine on the FIRST REPLY to an otherwise serious thread. Come on people, half of us are looking and sounding like bloody trolls now.

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 06:57:32 am »
Uroboros:
maybe that is because half of you are trolls?:P 
just a thought. ;)

by the way... why don't you(Uroboros) run any of my text's in a spell-check, so we can *once and for all* clarify that i do infact always run a spell-check on all my posts?

and then maybe, only maybe ... people can come to the logical conclotion, that i was in fact was telling the truth all this time...

since no once seems to listen to me, thy may need to hear it from some one else :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 06:59:21 am by xip »
/WushuKid

Offline Mjavabean

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Mjavabean's homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 07:46:28 am »
If you're going to lay a one-line reply and not even bother with capitalisation or punctuation then you're not really in much of a place to criticise. Its annoying when people whine about stuff they're no better for, and its even more annoying when they whine on the FIRST REPLY to an otherwise serious thread. Come on people, half of us are looking and sounding like bloody trolls now.

Please,

And if
consept
is a word, I'm killing myself now.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 07:48:20 am »
a 3d rpg better than ff7 and with a swastikan as the star

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 08:04:57 am »

And if
consept
is a word, I'm killing myself now.

The spell-check don't complain... so i could not care less.

unless... you people think that i should look up every single word in a separate word lexicon to, after the spell-check that is.... right... cuss i have nothing else to do with my time, then to make the trolls happy.

a 3d rpg better than ff7 and with a swastikan as the star

How about a realistic suggestion? ...
anyone?:)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:15:12 am by xip »
/WushuKid

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 08:13:49 am »
"allot" really isn't a word either.  You're supposed to separate "a" and "lot" so you're dead wrong on your spell check.  Sorry to add another off topic post, but i hate it when people misspell a lot and then play it off like they used spell check.

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 08:19:03 am »
What the hell are you peoples problem!?!? Did you even TRY my post's in the spell-check!?!?!?

ho the **** is playing anything? ... you are all idiots. (most of you anyway)
I'm sorry for the harsh words, but after all the crap you people give me every time i open my mouth... go figure.

and you obviously don't know what the heck your are talking about.
how hard can it be to try ANY of the words i "miss-spelled" your self...  shiiiiises...

just try the dam spell-check your self and you will know i was right all along...
but noooooooo ... it is allot more fun to be ignorant and troll, then to get your facts straight.

so why doesent the spell-check find all my errors? i don't know... a bug? how the hell am I'm suppose to know, but it don't, OK?

I'm getting seriously tired with this crap...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:36:33 am by xip »
/WushuKid

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 08:38:45 am »
Please, everyone, GET THE HELL BACK ON TOPIC. His text is readable, we know what it says, why should we complain?

Anyway, this sounds somewhat inspired by the old RPG Maker community games that were made, such as DarkPriest's RPGMaker Story. Is the plot going centered around the fanfic universe, or is it going to be a story about us, the Spore community? I personally favor the latter. Either way, I definitely want to be involved in the project. I know an intermediate amount of C++.

If it is about us, please, let's be creative and not use Will Wright getting kidnapped as the plot. :P
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline xip

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • xip software
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 08:58:37 am »
Tanx Aegis, wellcome aboard!;)

well, i do have knowledge about c/c++(among other things), even tho it was a few years back i worked seriously in it... when it comes to games i only write those in a nice little language called max, or BlitzMax(yeah i know what you are thinking, but it is a really nice language)
its fully modular structured, OOP with inheritance and polymorphisms, has a garbage collector(i think one can turn it off), the compiler anderstands both c/c++/asm and after compiled, it execute as fast as C/C++ code, on top of that it has a very nice built in 2d module(using ether dx or gl) and about anything else one needs for a large commercial game, and the same source can be compiled on both Linux, mac and win with only miner changes :)

so i will stick to this, sorry :)
like i wrote... it dose support c/c++ so i guess it might be possible for others to write in those languages, but i fear that this might complicate the overall project alto more than it gives.

I also think that bmax supports LUA, so this might be one solution if people have any knowledge about that?
but i was hoping to keep this project small, adding tons of programmers and script support might overkill a very simple idea?:S

never heard of that RPG project, was it any good?:D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:10:58 am by xip »
/WushuKid

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 09:26:56 am »
"allot" really isn't a word either.  You're supposed to separate "a" and "lot" so you're dead wrong on your spell check.  Sorry to add another off topic post, but i hate it when people misspell a lot and then play it off like they used spell check.
Read the bloody thread. He uses a spell checker but that doesnt mean the right word is the added as a result.

al·lot
al·lot·ted, al·lot·ting, al·lots
--To parcel out; distribute or apportion: allotting land to homesteaders; allot blame.
--To assign as a portion; allocate: allotted 20 minutes to each speaker.