Author Topic: What is your favorite STAGE?  (Read 4543 times)

Offline mappam

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
What is your favorite STAGE?
« on: September 12, 2008, 05:54:26 am »
I like the creature stage. I like searching for DNA and exploring the land. I like playing with the critter itself - not a tribe or spaceship etc. I like changing the creature's looks with the new items I collect. I like that you can make this stage last as long as you like and still explore and gather.

I would have liked the tribal stage to have more tribes to interact with and wish there was a way to add more.

So - what do YOU like best and why?

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite STAGE?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:56:20 am »
In spite of the pirates/alien attacks: i prefer the space stage.

Why? When you have worked your way through all other stages, it feels like the sugar on the cake to be able to go "out there" and expand your civ, then go exploring and finding stuff. (Though i wish the reward for reaching the centre was higher).
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline Salazar

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:31:38 am »
Probably cell and space, creature phase seems very repetitive to me and can be quite a grind especially as a carnivore.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:46:28 am »
 I enjoyed all of the stages equally because of how my race interacted in each. Since I tell stories with each phase of the evolution of a species thats a lot of text to write. I spend 2 hours on cell, 4 to 5 on creature and about 1 hour in tribal. Once I get to that point I slow way down. I take days to get out of civilization since Im editing my culture and writing so often. My current race on my one account is the Yahvis. A race of pig like specimens. Very hard working farmers. Sigh anyways I almost cant resist telling there story so Ill just say, all stages because once I get to space with the Yahvis my story expands 100 fold. Im going out searching for giant mushrooms. There IS a reason. :D

Offline amigang

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • Vincent Perkins
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:17:05 am »
I really enjoyed tribe and Civ phase, I just wish they where a little more in depth and a bit harder as I complete both these stages I completed fairly quickly, but I love seeing my creatures fish, and dance and getting weapons in there hands, etc. Plus I like designing the building, cars and planes in civ. Space phase just seems to be dragging for me but the more tools I get the more it becomes  little interesting.

Offline Branko

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 11:23:35 am »
I like cell, creature, civ and space.

Tribal is good but very short. I hoped you can edit tools. Maybe in future.

Civ phase is wild when everibody atacks everibody. I like that.

Offline FR27

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Ooo...shiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:46:56 am »
Cell stage is best for me...which is a little depressing as it is the shortest and most limited. :(
Long time lurker.
My Spore Page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Acalanai

Offline Tr0n

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 11:53:37 am »
Space, I suppose.  If you take them from start to "finish", space has the most to offer and the greatest set of goals in the way of badges.
Hey love crusader, I want to be your space invader
For you I will descend the deepest moon crater
I is more stronger than Darth Vapour
Obey me, I is your new dictator

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 12:02:19 pm »
I enjoyed all of the stages equally because of how my race interacted in each. Since I tell stories with each phase of the evolution of a species thats a lot of text to write. I spend 2 hours on cell, 4 to 5 on creature and about 1 hour in tribal. Once I get to that point I slow way down. I take days to get out of civilization since Im editing my culture and writing so often. My current race on my one account is the Yahvis. A race of pig like specimens. Very hard working farmers. Sigh anyways I almost cant resist telling there story so Ill just say, all stages because once I get to space with the Yahvis my story expands 100 fold. Im going out searching for giant mushrooms. There IS a reason. :D
You can tell their story on the storytelling board :-)

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Elyanna

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Spore Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 12:36:55 pm »
Creature, then space. I love designing the creature; I love exploring; I love the beautiful graphics.
My spore profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/elyanna
I like to make plausible creatures.

Offline Bellum

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 12:38:59 pm »
I love them all, but I'd have to say I enjoy Space the most, civ the least, and the cell is the stage without any rough edges.

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 12:50:49 pm »

First, can you give a link to your Sporepedia? I want to read!

Second, I've only had time to play through the Tribal. But I have to say that Creature is my favorite so far.

My favorite part is collecting bits, making new stuff, and exploring. There's only so many bits you can feasibly add to your tribal outfit, so collecting them is not as exciting. In terms of exploring, it felt just like Creature only with a high perspective, which doesn't really help when what's new and cool to see is the creatures people made (if only we had hut editors and player created giant plants!)

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 12:53:24 pm »
Cell is IMHO clearly the best designed and implemented stage.  It ends just when your cell starts to get cool.

Creature might be my favorite, because you can really see the stuff that becomes increasingly small in later stages.  The exploring is good, but the repetitiveness of gameplay and the simplicity of creature AI hurts the experience.

In tribal your editing capacity is pretty limited, and in later stages the stuff you create is hardly seen.

I haven't played space much yet.  The mass of ugly maxis creatures drove me back to earlier stages and the editors and sporecasting to build up a population of creatures to find in space

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 02:16:21 pm »
In order, Cell, Civ, Space, Creature, Tribe

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 02:31:46 am »
I changed but i think i am at ...

Creature, Tribe, Space, Cell, Civ

Its really hard to pick between tribe and creature. But i dislike civ.

If i had to rate from 1 to 5 with 5 the most.

Cell = 4
Creature = 5
Tribe = 5
Civ = 2
Space = 4

As for Editors ....

Cell = 4
Creature = 5
Outfit = 3
Vehicle = 4
Building = 2
Music = 1
Spaceship = 4

Note these are not what i think the quality of the editor, it just the amount of fun i have when playing. Just like some people like cars while others like animals.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:38:40 am by Hydromancerx »