Author Topic: Personal Problem Discussion Thread  (Read 390620 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Problem Discussion Thread
« Reply #1275 on: October 24, 2010, 06:11:15 pm »
New problems!

1: I'm having a hard time trusting people lately. That includes myself. Do you know how impossible it is to predict whether or not you're part of a government conspiracy against yourself? Yes, I know all of this sounds dumb. So does everything else I actually somewhat care about.
2: Engineering Foundations 2. Oddball assignments, a teacher that seems to explain nothing, not even to the kid who sits across the class from me who is failing, and projects that most 14-year-olds shouldn't even know how to complete unless they're at a college-level intellect.
3: There's this kid in school who seems to always know exactly where I am at any given moment, even when we're not in school.
4: Excercise. It just isn't working out for me. It's more like preform hours of strenuous activity every day and achieve absolutely nothing. Even back when I excercised for two hours a day in elementary school, I couldn't do a signle pushup. Now that my muscles are developing, I can do about 2. Is this biological, or do I really suck this much?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 24, 2010, 06:49:35 pm »
1: I'm having a hard time trusting people lately. That includes myself. Do you know how impossible it is to predict whether or not you're part of a government conspiracy against yourself? Yes, I know all of this sounds dumb. So does everything else I actually somewhat care about.

Putting yourself down won't help much :x and no it's not stupid, a bit... paranoid maybe. You just have to relax, it's the media; sure things like that are possible but very unlikely. And I don't know why, but this totally reminds me of Inception.

2: Engineering Foundations 2. Oddball assignments, a teacher that seems to explain nothing, not even to the kid who sits across the class from me who is failing, and projects that most 14-year-olds shouldn't even know how to complete unless they're at a college-level intellect.

Uh, switch classes maybe? I assume the first semester isn't over yet, and even if it is you can be placed in a lower class. Either that or ya know, talk to the teacher, counselor or even the principal about the issue. Don't just sit there and expect the problem to fix itself, do something about it. And to be honest, college work and highschool differ just slightly; if anything its an exaggeration.

3: There's this kid in school who seems to always know exactly where I am at any given moment, even when we're not in school.

Punch him in the jaw. Make it aware that you want your space <_< either that or outright ask him why he's basically stalking you; latter options are to make it known to an adult or just tell him to **** off.

4: Excercise. It just isn't working out for me. It's more like preform hours of strenuous activity every day and achieve absolutely nothing. Even back when I excercised for two hours a day in elementary school, I couldn't do a signle pushup. Now that my muscles are developing, I can do about 2. Is this biological, or do I really suck this much?

Well considering your age and the fact you mentioned your now apparent muscle growth, no, you don't suck. It's called puberty. With all of the changes things you couldn't do before you can do now. And while 2 push ups is something to snuff at, it's still an improvement. Meaning.. well... you know where I'm going with this: Practice= perfection of said technique. In time, exercise and a steady diet you'll be able to do much more then you thought you were previously capable of. Not saying you'll be the hulk or anything.

Hrm. I think that's it.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 24, 2010, 06:53:02 pm »
Eh, there's a bit of a problem with the class thing: it's a required, full-year course. And I've already tried everything you said. Nobody believes me, though.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 24, 2010, 07:58:45 pm »
Insist upon it, then.

Say, in your own words of course, "No, **** you, this is happening, and as the party responsible for educating me, it's your JOB to make sure I understand what you're teaching me! If I don't, then somethings wrong."

Unless you're not talking about school, then I have no idea.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 25, 2010, 05:49:17 am »
Going back a topic. I just don't hit snooze I let the radio play often I'll often take 20 mins to get going but it stops me from falling right back to sleep keeps me awake enough to get out of the haze of waking up.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 25, 2010, 06:31:07 am »

This just plain isn't happening,it's paranoia if anything but you'll likely get over this feeling.

This seems to be an exgeration, so a few questions;

- How long has the school done this course, and what have previous students achieved in it?
- How long has this particular teacher taught this course, is he a bad teacher really?
- Is this class generally considered hard, are any other students doing particularly well or bad (especially in comparison to how they do in other classes)?
- Is there a possibility that you in particular are having trouble understanding the material, would it be worth approaching the teacher idvidually to ask for extra assistance?

Who is this kid, is he stalking you?, Are you exagerating? What are the circumstances?, basically this needs more information.

I personally wouldn't put a great importance upon physical fitness and at 14 i wouldn't worry too much as long as your reasonably healthy, don't over exercise but keep active and if you want you practice pushups, you can generally get good improvements if you stick to doing them regularly. Just haphazardly exercising and not eating to fit the needs of your regimen won't get you very far, generally to get results from exercising you need to give it time and be commited.

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:20 am »

I think people would take this issue more seriously if you could tell us what exactly you are feeling paranoid about and why. Is it people talking behind your back? Giving you looks that you don't know the meaning of? Perhaps you could elaborate.

Who is this kid, is he stalking you?, Are you exagerating? What are the circumstances?, basically this needs more information.

I agree. This needs more information as well.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 25, 2010, 01:13:27 pm »
So, the kid who always knows where I am isn't stalking me. It's just, whenever he calls, he guesses (correctly) where I am and what I'm doing just from my voice. It's really creepy.

As for the class, the teacher's been there for several years. However, everyone I knew at the beginning of the year who had taken the class with him said that I would hate it. I'm really more scared for the others around me. The kids manage to pass, but most get C's. It is generally considered more difficult than AP Biology, which is pretty hard, from what I've heard. There is a possibility that maybe I just don't get it, but the fact that most of the other students that take it the class is having the same problems makes it unlikely.

The paranoia? It's literally just, "X is either planning to kill me, someone I know, or someone otherwise important."

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 25, 2010, 01:38:08 pm »
That first doesn't seem like a gripe so much as a "Hey guys, this guys weird~!" so I'm going to ignore it unless you have some unresolved issue.

As for the class, I would either get a tutor, or go the autodidact route and try and learn the material on your own from reputable sources. The INTERNET isn't just for fun, you know. (Weird, "internet" isn't in the spellcheck, but "INTERNET" is?)

As for the paranoia, ignore it unless they act threatening for real.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 25, 2010, 06:45:47 pm »
Sounds more like the guy keeps guessing that your at home playing on your PC. Simply because you don't go anywhere therefore guessing that gives him a good chance of being right.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 26, 2010, 12:43:38 pm »
...you're probably right...
>_<

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 28, 2010, 06:50:43 pm »
I'm 18 and pay for things around my house yet my father still treats me like I was 10

I don't want to live here anymore, I'm going to end up killing him if his crap doesn't stop

gec05

« Reply #1287 on: October 28, 2010, 06:56:12 pm »
So how do you plan on fixing the problem?

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 28, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »
Fire is the ultimate cleanser. Fire solves all problems.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:36 pm »
So how do you plan on fixing the problem?

I have a 37 step plan but first I need to get some supplies from home depot.

Whats a good shovel for shallow graves?