Author Topic: Proof of Creature Editor coming soon?  (Read 9408 times)

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
Re: Proof of Creature Editor coming soon?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 08:29:43 pm »
Actually, the ESRB rating was found a while ago, but just wasn't posted here for some reason. Jube on Spores Illustrated posted a news article and a picture of it on the 11th. That makes me think that there will be a paid version of the Creature Creator along with the free version. Caryl Shaw hinted at that in the interview with Steve at the GDC. If you think back to what SpaceOddity found. The list from a gaming store that had the Creature Creator listed, it all makes sense. If they were releasing a free version, they wouldn't need an ESRB rating, but they would for a paid version. The paid version will probably have all the parts, where the free version will be limited.
I just hope they don't charge too much for the Creature Creator. $10 would be a reasonable price that I would pay for it. Or maybe they could give it out to the people that pre-order Spore. That would be cool!
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline Classeye

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 10:23:17 pm »
I just hope they don't charge too much for the Creature Creator. $10 would be a reasonable price that I would pay for it. Or maybe they could give it out to the people that pre-order Spore. That would be cool!

I'm all for pre-order gifts  ;D

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 05:40:34 am »
I hope they let us make accounts for our online Spore-related stuff so when we make stuff it's marked as ours, you know (I'm sure it will probably link up with existing EA accounts)? I don't want to make a bunch of awesome stuff and then later have to remake it (especially if all I have is the creator, I'ma make so many creatures!) it will also be easier to import things from the creator to your game already and track of who made what.

It also would seem to be a good way to test out some of their non-game related features on a large scale (the MySpore page, Youtube stuff [if they do that with the demo-creator]). This may also help increase a interest from non-spore die hards like us.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 07:54:05 am »
I was browsing the ESRB website, and they said that they have some kind of jurisdiction over video game companies and can impose fines for infractions of their terms. However, it also said that the ESRB is not a government entity and has no legal power to enforce anything. My question is simply this: What the hell?

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 07:55:11 am »
They apparently sign a contract with the games.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 09:09:33 am »
There has already been confirmation from Patrick Buechner that the editor will not be released until a couple months before.
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Bona Fide Supraman

• Star Raider
  • Not Super, Supra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 05:14:55 pm »
It now has an ESRB rating.

Ok, as nicely as I can manage, how the hell is that in any way proof of the creature editor coming soon?
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

gec05

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 05:22:47 pm »
Secondly, why does the simple fact that it now has a rating merit that it should have it's own thread? Couldn't this have been posted in the creature editor demo threads? Besides, all of us should know by now they were going to. They even said. That's proof enough.

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 05:30:30 pm »
Yeah, but what people are wondering about now is the "when" aspect. It's like waiting for Spore's Release Date(God, that really came, didn't it?) all over again. We don't care too much when it actually does come, we just want to know when it will come.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 06:01:46 pm »
I was browsing the ESRB website, and they said that they have some kind of jurisdiction over video game companies and can impose fines for infractions of their terms. However, it also said that the ESRB is not a government entity and has no legal power to enforce anything. My question is simply this: What the hell?

The ESRB is a company that some how apointed them selves as the worlds compulsary rating company and force everyone to use their company, for a realy expensive price. And If you dont, they Sue you for millions. By no rights should this even be possible, but the screwed up legal system in america lets them get away with it.

It disgusts me how stupid this is, but they do it and make millions.

Remember Hot Coffee from GTA? Rockstar was sued by the ESRB for millions because rockstar didnt tell them about it.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 06:10:04 pm »
That's a good sign.  It's such a far-off memory we've started calling it Hot Fudge.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 07:37:43 pm »
wasnt it called hot coffee, not hot fudge...

and besides, its like watching two poorly animated, polygonal things go through each other. Its nothing thats that exsiting.
Right on

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 07:40:52 pm »
The ESRB is a company that some how apointed them selves as the worlds compulsary rating company and force everyone to use their company, for a realy expensive price. And If you dont, they Sue you for millions. By no rights should this even be possible, but the screwed up legal system in america lets them get away with it.

It disgusts me how stupid this is, but they do it and make millions.

Remember Hot Fudge from GTA? Rockstar was sued by the ESRB for millions because rockstar didnt tell them about it.

Hot Fudge? Lol! Yeah, it was Hot Coffee. Haha, Hot Fudge does sound worse though, doesn't it? Lol!
The reason I think they started rating the games were to help Parents decide if the game is appropriate for their children, but most people don't even go by the ratings (or just don't care) and buy the game anyway and let the kids play it. Parents need to take responsibility for their own kids. We don't need companies or Government to do it for us.

Also, only stuff that is meant to be for sale gets an ESRB rating, so I still think that means we will get a pay version and a free version of the Creature Creator.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 08:17:55 pm »
Yeah I dont see any ESRB ratings on any of those downloadable games, like Eve or Silkroad. So I wonder why the creature demo needed an ESRB rating.

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 08:25:18 pm »
this is true, the sims body builder doesnt have a rating and it was just downloadable, right?
Right on