Author Topic: Summer Jobs!  (Read 6342 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Jobs!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 11:03:16 am »
I have to do work experiance in Feburary, if that counts.

Wish me luck with the guys I apply for; 10 internet dabloons for whoever guesses what it is.

The BBC? Talkback Thames? Top Hat Productions?

Close.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 11:19:56 am »
I've been looking on Craig's list for a job for a few weeks... nothing so far. The local Gamestops are filled as well.

Offline Bona Fide Supraman

• Star Raider
  • Not Super, Supra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 12:55:54 pm »
Yeh, if it's just casual labour you're after (as in, not a full-time contract job) then don't bother with the internet. Just walk in and ask if they have any jobs going. It's pretty easy tbh.
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 04:16:05 pm »
That is what I did for my first job. Walked up to a warehouse and asked if there was any work. I was given a job making moon boots, stuffing the liners in to the shells. Boring but it paid well.

-Lego

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 11:19:35 pm »
I've got work experience in September. Going down to the local veterinarian clinic for a week.

Offline Dwight

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Eisenhower.
    • View Profile
    • www.addictinggames.com
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 05:30:00 pm »
I work at my Dad's funeral home in the summers, it is very fun no joke. I clean the building and the caskets in the basement, I do filing, light repairwork, and i open the door for people. It is in an Italian area and there are people who work with us with names like "Jimmy Walnuts" "Eddy Oaks" and "Tommy Tuna". I'm not joking, its really great and they're always trying to give me food.
"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows."-Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Dwight is the model employee, and makes Eisenhower proud.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 05:39:02 pm »
Hey look at that, another forumite in the funeral services industry! I used to work the cemetery side of things (upkeep, openings, crowd control, and whatnot...) and do some book keeping on the side now. It's a fun business for sure.

All we need now is a monument dealer and we'll have the entire operation here under one roof! :P

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 11:41:13 pm »
Right now I'm working at a gas station. The hours kinda suck sometimes (I'm working 6 days of next week), but the pay is decent and I spend most of my time watching tv. I also learned a heartfelt lesson that the trashiest people are the ones with the coolest stories. But thats only if you can understand their accent.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 04:40:52 am »
So, Mum says it's about time I got a part-time job, and I could use the money. The only problem is that I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

Offline Bona Fide Supraman

• Star Raider
  • Not Super, Supra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 04:57:56 am »
Pub/cafe/restaurant etc. will all need extra staff around now. It doesn't matter, it's a job and will probably suck wherever you work, just walk in somewhere and ask for a job.

In other news, I just lost my job.

I work every Sunday, but due to exams, fathers day, funerals, my birthday, holidays and music festivals respectively, I can't work for the next 6 weeks, and I've been informed that they can't keep my position open for me. So sometime soon I'm gonna have to be job-hunting again...
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 09:21:16 am »
All we need now is a monument dealer and we'll have the entire operation here under one roof! :P

Would you like a marble one or a granite one?
the real saviour of this forum

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 10:26:46 am »
Does that mean...? :D

Also stay out of food service, it's terrible. When you add food to the equation there is a whole other layer of pressure (because food goes bad, gets cold, et cetera) that makes the job that much more annoying.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 09:42:51 pm »
I've been working at Quiznos for a year and its not all bad actually... Plus my boss is awesome and I can take any day off I like and i get the hours I request so I can't complain much. (Except its minimum wage, but meh its going up in June)
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 10:13:15 pm »
Does that mean...? :D

Also stay out of food service, it's terrible. When you add food to the equation there is a whole other layer of pressure (because food goes bad, gets cold, et cetera) that makes the job that much more annoying.

That is what I am in. The main problem is that the food goes fast and you are constantly struggling to keep it in stock. That is the problem of an amusement park.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Dwight

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Eisenhower.
    • View Profile
    • www.addictinggames.com
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 04:08:16 pm »
Hey look at that, another forumite in the funeral services industry! I used to work the cemetery side of things (upkeep, openings, crowd control, and whatnot...) and do some book keeping on the side now. It's a fun business for sure.

Little late, but sure! Where u at? We already have a deal with Rock of Ages granite quarry in Vermont.  ;D
"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows."-Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Dwight is the model employee, and makes Eisenhower proud.