Author Topic: The Edge Chronicles  (Read 2186 times)

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
The Edge Chronicles
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:38:22 am »
Has anyone read The Edge Chronicles? It is an AWESOME series for anyone who is really into fantasy. The Edge Chronicles take place on a world called The Edge, which is basically a giant cliff floating in what is called open sky. The series is 8 or 9 books long (so far) and there are 3 main characters that each have their own 3 book sequence thingies. The cool thing is that each character is around 50 years apart and their stories intertwine with the other books of the series. The Edge is inhabited by many different creatures, and is a home to dangerous places such as the perilous DeepWoods, Twilight Woods and Mire. There are also cities such as UnderTown, and the floating rock of Sanctaphrax. In the fist book of the series called Beyond the DeepWoods, a boy named Twig becomes lost in the DeepWoods after discovering he doesnt not belong. Twig must survive being in the DeepWoods, and find his true destiny.

Here is a link to the map of The Edge (note that it changes as the series goes on): http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/childrens/edgechronicles/img/edgemap720i.gif

P.S. I am sorry if the way I described this series is poorly written, it is just such a huge and complicated series and difficult to explain.

You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: The Edge Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 10:21:36 am »
I read a few, but I've been left behind. I liked the idea of Sky Pirates and the general feel of the world, but I've lost track fo what I've read and what I haven't.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: The Edge Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 11:28:22 am »
I've read one, and I liked it. I couldn't find any more though.