Author Topic: Spore on scedule  (Read 12351 times)

Offline Cyrus

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: Spore on scedule
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 04:50:16 pm »
I hate to disagree, but Electronics Boutique has it posted as February. No one knows the true release date for certain. It'll be done when it's done, y'here?

EB Games posted that release date as a guess, before E3.  Then E3 came, and Will Wright said "Probably just after that [first quarter of 2007], though we are not being precise. What we are saying is just outside the fiscal year, which is March."  I hate to say it, but RTFA.

EB Games also says Blue Dragon's coming out in two weeks.  Doubt it. 
Looks like even I was being optimistic with a March 07 release date...

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 05:23:36 pm »
I don't think any of us should really concern ourselves with the release date at all for the time being.  You don't take the cookies from the oven unless they are golden firm, so let's let it cook for awhile.

Offline liveoctopus

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2006, 05:33:41 pm »
You can't trust the release dates on retail websites at all. For one thing, they're going on exactly the same information that we have, so they're no authority. Secondly, they'll be changing their posted release date seemingly randomly right up until it comes out, tailoring the dates as needed to keep the preorders coming in. That's just how they work. For now, the word from EA and from Will Wright match up pretty well, so April/May 07 seems like a good bet.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2006, 05:58:54 pm »
i was wondering, have there been any other major games that have had their release dates forecast for a long time, but eventaully do come out much earlier? i hope its the case for spore..
Under construction

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2006, 06:11:07 pm »
I don't think any of us should really concern ourselves with the release date at all for the time being.  You don't take the cookies from the oven unless they are golden firm, so let's let it cook for awhile.

Actually, you do! Cookies should be taken out when they look slightly done - even though they may look a bit raw, its usually just right. By the time its golden firm, it's probably burnt.

;)

The game is coming out Q1 next fiscal year.

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2006, 06:14:09 pm »
My Philosophy is:

Hope for the best:  I'm crossing my fingers and really hope the game will be out this year.

Plan for the worst:  I'm not going to get so tied up in the concept of the game I will be devestated if it doesn't come out or end up being really bad.  I'm also not gonna book any time off work to play the until it's in my hot little hands even if I pre-ordered.  (Shipping delays have been known to happen!)  I won't be upset if it doesn't come out this year and recognize it likely won't be until 2007.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Xandat

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2006, 06:27:29 pm »
You hope it will be out this year but most people want it done right. And Just becuase WW says its comin out some time March or whatever doesnt mean it will, they may be done March but EA may not publish it untill they find it most profitable. Why talk about the release date? Pretend like it wont come out for another couple years and whenever it finally does (hopefully not 10 years and 1 month later) youll be over joyed in excitment! Just dont get in an accedent on the way to the store/mailbox.

werechicken

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2006, 06:31:22 pm »
I don't think Ea are going to hold it back too long, I'll be willing to bet a large number of companyies are working on spore rip-offs, if they delay too long their sales will be affected by these rip-offs which may have better graphics or extra game features, and have been made quicker than spore because they saw what the spore team had trouble with and compentsated. They'll probably release it around the time WW has said.