Author Topic: The Urshans  (Read 57708 times)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
The Urshans
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:58:20 am »
The Urshan:

C.A.S:

For organized full information about the Urshans:

http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Content:Urshan

Physical:

The Urshan are a sapient race from the planet Niho in the Hindo star system. In earthly terms they are more similar to mammals than any other animal family but still are different in many ways. They are covered with fur but has no noses for example.

Breathing and Eating: The Urshans like humans do eat from their mouth. They have many sharp but multi tasked teeth because they are omnivores. Their breathing system in not even connected to their feeding system. They breath from three small hatches in each side of their head. When they run or do any other hard physical activity they tend to open those hatches more.

The Brains: One thing that really sets apart the Urshans from most creatures is their double brains. Like other sentient creatures the Urshans have an upper great mind in their skull who they use to think, create believe and other highly mental abilities. Unlike us human, the more functional part of the brain which controls the movement metabolism and other physical processes is another brain, the lower brain. This brain exists in many of the life forms in Niho. This division of brains creates an inner clash between the thinking and the primitive instincts, something that will affect their culture religion and about anything else as well.

Size: On four legs: 1.6 meters from the back to the head. (They can walk on 2 legs as well).

Diet: Omnivores, Mostly herbivores though. The ancestors of the Urshans were carnivores but they tend to eat plants more then meat.

Reproduction: True viviparity (Born without eggs). Males reach sexual maturity at the age of 14. Females reach sexual maturity at the age of 16. The female is pregnant for 8 month, the offspring return to their mother's womb for 4 month after they are born (would be explained with more details in the future). Every time exactly 3 baby Urshans are born but in rare situation 3 pares of twins are born.

Graspers: 5 fingers and 1 thumb in each hand and feet. A total of 24 fingers. The fingers can barely move and has little part in the grasping action. The thumbs are much more powerful and can grasp alone weapons tools and etc. The fingers in the frontal and back legs are the same in every way.

Lifespan: 55 Natural (Modern = 130).

Natural Social Activity: Herds of 15 Urshans. Hierarchy, a few males are hunters, most females are guardians of the cubs and all others just eat and bring vegetarian food.

Geography:

The Hindo Star System:

The picture is out of scale.

Like the solar system the Hindo system is called after it's sun, "Hindo".
There are six planets in the Hindo system, this is a list from the nearest to the most far from the sun: Kando, Jano, Niho, Cynar, Kinto, Pashora.
There is a total of 11 moons in the star system.

Hindo: (Sight Bringer)
Size: 123 times bigger then Niho.
Geology: Much like our sun. Contains mostly hydrogen. The power source of all the star system.

Kando: (Red Disk)
Size: 2.5 times bigger then Niho.
Geology: An extremely radiated planet containing mostly uranium and other metals. Great volcanic activity and acid rains. The surface of the planet is mostly lava seas and rocky.
Moons: 1) Jan: 0.3 times bigger then Niho. Much like Kando it is very volcanic and a little radiated as well. Contains mostly the same materials.

Jano: (Common Disk)
Size: 0.9 Times bigger then Niho.
Geology: Altough a little closer to the sun it's cooler inner hit and because of different angles Jano is a slightly cooler and therefore has an icy surface. It seems that under it there is a huge sea with very little islands (5%). The planet contains mostly water (H20) and under it silicon and metals. It is said that it once contained life.

Niho: (Central Ground)
Size: 0.9 times smaller then Earth.
Geology: The perfect atmosphere for water to be liquid. It contains 75% water and 25% ground. It contains mostly silicon and a little metals oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen. From icy planes to rain forest and deserts Niho has it all.
Moons: 1) Katan: 0.08 times bigger then Niho. The moon closest to Niho. It is a rocky planet covered with a very think layer of ice. 
2) Afar: 0.2 times bigger then Niho. A rocky planet with no volcanic activity.

Cynar: (Ring One)
Size: 5.4 times bigger then Niho.
Geology: A gas giant surrounded by gasses and asteroids ring.
Moons: 1) Cyto: 0.3 Times bigger then Niho. A rocky moon with no volcanic activity. Also contains metals. 2) Cyma 0.02 times bigger the Niho. It is said it is in fact Cyma's moon but this is not yet discovered. A tiny rocky moon.

Kinto: (The Great Rare).
Size: 11.2 Times bigger then Niho.
Geology: A huge gas giant and heavy.
Moons: 1)Doo: 0.4 times bigger then Niho. A rocky moon covered with a thick icy layer. 2) Darash: 0.3 times bigger then Niho. Although a rocky planet it has an atmosphere of nitrogen. It also has a powerful magnetic field. 3) Pach: 0.8 times bigger then Niho. Contains mostly metals.

Pashora: (The Small Rare)
Size: 0.3 times bigger then Niho.
Geology:  A rocky lonely planet. Some believe it is actually a big asteroid.

To be added: Grasping, The Two Brains, Numbers, Language, Skeleton, Religion, Reproduction.

I would be more than happy to hear what you guys think  :).

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:10:40 pm by BioCat »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: New Creature - The Urshans
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 06:18:07 am »
Nice concept. I like the "moon-of-a-moon" around Cynar.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:10:26 am »
Double brains are COOL!!!

And I must say that that Urshan is a pretty cute teddy bear (hope you were planning on that.)  Are they more peaceful or violent race?
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:17:12 am »
They are not teddy bears! Well I do admit they're cute in a certain way   ;).

Anyway they have an aggressive nature but will be quite peaceful in their modern age.

I will tell more about it when I will write about the brains conflict and the Urshan races.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 03:37:20 am »
Niho World Map:

Niho's size is 0.93% from earth, making it a little bit lower gravity and slightly smaller.
It contains 25% ground and 75% water. There are 4 main continents in Niho: Sian, Karir, Sorer and Pretak.
Like here on earth there was once a single great continent who divided into 4 continents.
Sian is the largest one. It is so large that it is divided to eastern and western Sian. The southern eastern side is filled with rain forest and regular forests.
The northern eastern side is mostly planes. The western side is much cooler due to atmospheric changes and is much more mountain full.
Sorer is very much like Sian just smaller and cooler.
Karir is like our Antarctica, it is a solid ground continent covered with ice (not like the two polls which are ice made only).
Pretak, the last continent is the smallest and is very cold wild and forest filled.

The Eastern Sian continent would be the home for the greatest civilized empire in the world.
The Urshans living there (called Sian Urshans) are slightly smaller and less aggressive.
Sorer and the northern islands would be the home for the Sorer Urshans, a great civilization with a beautiful yet barbaric in a way culture who
would be doomed to meet the Sians in the future. Karir is too cold for most living creatures but would be colonized in the future.
Pretak would naturally have no Urshans in it but will contain many secrets about the Urshan's evolution.

More to come: Skeleton, The Two Brains, Grasping Thumb, Religion, Numbers...

Always happy for some comments
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 05:41:20 am by BioCat »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 04:25:57 am »
Cool. That's a good map, especially so considering it's MsPaint. :) If you want a clearer picture, try saving it as a gif(Might reduce the colours though, MsPaint isn't the best to do that)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 10:08:25 am »
Ver, Very nice. *Claps*
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 01:33:16 am »
Thank you every one  :).

The Neural System (The double brain):

As a neural system developed in planet Niho a big center of neural processors has developed in the back of the neck.
As the creatures got more evolved this center grew into the head and now got called "The lower brain" or in Urshan
Language "Kia". The Furred family (which includes the Urshan) was the first to also develop another equally big brain
called "The upper brain" or in Urshan language: "Sharo" (In some other families the Sharo existed but it was smaller then the Kia).
The Sharo had a different and improved level of process and unlike the primitive Kia it gave more options and a sense of freedom
to its owner. Also it is known that the key to intelligence lies in the Sharo. The Sharo is where the language is kept,
the social abilities and the use of tools. The Urshan has the biggest Sharo comparing to Kia (3.5 times bigger).
This fact infects its mental and social abilities, its culture and most of all its religion. "The Rise",
one of the most popular Eastern Urshan religions is all about the control of the Sharo on the Kia and the fight between
the mental abilities and the primitive instincts.

Next to come: Skeleton, Grasping, Religion, Numbers...

Always happy for some comments

Edit: Changed the picture finally, much better now I think. I hope it is clearer now as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:32:09 pm by BioCat »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 03:45:47 am »
Was it that ugly? No responses.

Oh well, NOW I present to you the skeleton! Seeing the brains now would be much easier.

The Skeleton:

The Urshan skeleton is a complex system of bones creating some sort of shield around the important internal parts and supports the moving organs.

The lower part of the skull is in fact made from 4 bones only, the lower jaw, the upper jaw and two small bones which put the jaws in place .In those bones on each side there are 3 small hatches which are used for breathing. There are two eye holes in the skull, containing the oval black Urshan eyes. The upper part of the skull is a "box" defending the Sharo (Upper Brain). It is the highest point in the Urshan body when standing on 4 or 2 legs. On its neck there is another small "box" containing the Kia (Lower Brain).

The neck is connected to the Shoulder \ Chest bone, the main defender of the Urshan's inner body parts. The two front legs are connected to it.

Also the spine is connected to the shoulder bone. The Urshan's spine is very long hard and flexible allowing it to easily walk on 2 or 4 legs. To it the Ribs cage is connected with a total of 14 ribs. The spine is connected to the Hip bone (Also very powerful and flexible) which is connected to the back two legs.

All four legs are exactly the same is any way. They can grasp, move and carry the Urshan even without the help of the other pair. Each leg is built from the Thigh Bone two Calf bone and the feet. The feet are built from the back Heel Bone and the 6 fingers. 5 of those fingers are very long but with little motor abilities and a bit smaller thumb with great flexibility, movement and grasping capabilities.

Coming soon: Grasping, Religion, Numbers, Language, Race...
(Always happy to hear what you guys think).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:32:56 pm by BioCat »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 03:52:29 am »
Very nice skeleton. The brain drawing was a bit cheap, but it worked and I got the picture. Keep it up!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 09:07:54 am »
Thanks, I tried making it as clear as I could. I think I'll try making a better version of the Sharo and Kia picture.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 09:22:46 am »
Pokemonve no idea why but that guy reminds me of pokemon dodon'tnow why though meh loll he's cool looks like a tiger bear

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 11:27:15 am »
Nice creature- the religion sounds interresting, can't wait for you to expand on it!
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 05:18:15 pm »
Well I know I didn't tell you guys yet about the Urshan religions or "The Eastren Empire" and other governments but I am happy to say the Urshans joined the alliance

(With no name yet) hoping to share the knowledge and prospective on our universe.

Heads of Education is an honorable title, taking care of knowledge transports and huge galactic libraries while sharing this information to all intelligent beings.

Hoping to learn more about other creatures brains and etc.

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3715.0

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 03:18:29 am »
News:
First of all I would like to let you know I finally fixed my Neural System Picture (Explaining where the Sharo and Kia are). I guess laziness can some times hurt  :). You can still see the old one in planet spore and see the difference. Enjoy.

And now for new stuff, sorry for sticking to the physical aspects again, I just fill I need to first explain the Urshan completely so you would understand more about it's basic view on the world. And also to show you the differences from the Urshan to the normal earthly creature.

The Senses:
Like us human the Urshan have 5 main senses:

Sight: Like us human the Urshans have two eyes. Unlike human eyes the Urshan eyes are oval and have no pupils. It is totally black helping it to absorb more light. Because their ancestors were carnivores and therefore predators the Urshan can see small detail in far away places. Also the Urshan sight spectrum is a little different then the human one. The Urshans can not see the very red colors but can see the ultra violet ones. In earthly sights they are much closer to bees. They see from about 650 nm to 100 nm unlike humans who see from about 750 – 350.

Taste: The function and cause of the taste sense is to identify what you eat. The Urshan's taste system is very much alike the human one but one fact: the Urshans also have a lot of taste glands in their throat. They also have a small muscle near the end of their throat that can push the food back very powerfully making the Urshans Spit \ vomit their food. This is a common and accepted thing in their society.

Hearing:
Identical to humans.

Touch: Identical to humans.

Smell: The Urshan don't have noses, they breathe from the six hatches in the sides of their faces. Therefore they do not "smell" as we call it. But the Urshans can feel some chemical processes like our nose does by another organ, their eyes. Above their eyes there are million of microscopic glands who release to the air every all the time small particles which bond with certain materials (according to their chemical function) and change their colors and as a result the Urshans see tiny spots of colors. To focus their sight on more important things these particles are not even seen by the Urshan himself. As the information comes to the Sharo (upper brain) it analyzes the meaning of this smell and send to different messages to the Kia, one of sight without particles and one of "smell" sense of what material are in front of the Urshan. Great priests of the Rise claim to be able to even see those particles.

Also I bring to you the Urshan Voice:

http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/Gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3165

(The Urshan is saying the Rise religion's main prayer: "May I rise to the highest mind")

More to come: Grasping, Numbers, Religion, Culture!(Agriculture, The Eastern Empire….)….