Author Topic: AMAZON: orders, updates and discussions  (Read 29436 times)

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Stupid amazon/usps
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2008, 07:20:06 pm »
Has anyone gotten there CC from Amazon.com yet?  Mine was sapose to be shipped on the 18th but it didn't even go out until today.  I'm going totally crasey with all these 95% done creatures I can't show off yet.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:10:51 pm by Danzik »

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
Re: stupid amazon/usps
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2008, 07:32:29 pm »
I got mine from them on the 19th. Not sure why you haven't yet. Very Odd!
I'm also upset that I don't get the $5.00 off of Spore because I had already Pre-ordered Spore before the Creature Creator was released. The fine print said the $5.00 off of Spore was only for orders placed after the Creature Creator was released. Crazy! I would just cancel and re-order it, but it would end up costing me more, because I did a special deal to get free one day shipping, if I re-ordered it now I would have to pay full price for shipping and the $5.00 off wouldn't help.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:36:05 pm by Petreak »
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
Re: AMAZON Release Date Updates *renamed and contains merged content*
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2008, 07:39:33 pm »
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*
*facepalm*

AGH!

I just saw what is most likely one of the stupidest things I've seen on the internet.  There's someone commenting on every review that doesn't explicitly attack Securom that they are an evil EA stooge writing paid reviews.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2008, 11:03:15 pm »
I just got mine today! Good thing I bought an online copy the 16th and was playing.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2008, 06:00:13 am »
I know the deal is so messed up.  I am lucky, I didn't place my order yet, but it's anoying.  I have to get it through them because I have a gift certificat :P

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2008, 06:05:21 am »
The Mallen is featured on the Amazon order page!!!  :o  I was so shocked to see it there.  ;D

Amazon: Spore Creature Creator

That's awesome! I did not even know this. And I thought i was on top of all things Spore.

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2008, 06:55:39 pm »
I just read another crazy conspiracy theory.  There's someone who thinks that EA made up the ten-day activation thing so that the three-day installation wouldn't look bad.

I think EA made a pretty bad mistake by bothering advertising the DRM.  No-one ever buys a game because it has great DRM, unless its LESS intrusive then normal.  I mean come now, have you ever heard someone say, "I heard that xyz game's DRM is really effective at getting rid of piracy, so I bought xyz game."?  It's like telling people eating a hot dog that it's a pig intestine, they'll immeadiately spit it out, call hot dogs disgusting, and you just did something rather rude.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2008, 07:26:47 pm »
I just read another crazy conspiracy theory.  There's someone who thinks that EA made up the ten-day activation thing so that the three-day installation wouldn't look bad.

What is the three-day installation thing you mentioned?
"No matter where you go, there you are."

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2008, 08:33:08 pm »
I'm sorry, I mean three-installation, not three-day installation.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2008, 10:16:50 am »
OMG... it didn't come with the mail today.  I'm going to die.  In other news, made a Goron that turned out well in the trial version.

Offline Tobias

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2008, 03:35:29 pm »
I only just received my copy today from Amazon, and the location it was sent from isn't that far away.  I ordered on the 9th, it shipped on the 18th, and got here today on the 23rd.  To be honest it really didn't take that long, but being anxious for it just made it worse.
Earth has been a lovely place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2008, 04:06:11 pm »
I only just received my copy today from Amazon, and the location it was sent from isn't that far away.  I ordered on the 9th, it shipped on the 18th, and got here today on the 23rd.  To be honest it really didn't take that long, but being anxious for it just made it worse.

Yeah, it's just anoying because it's been in the state for 4 days.

Offline BBsman5

• Dragster Diehard
  • Go Spore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2008, 04:13:30 pm »
I preordered from Amazon too.  I'm dying over here.   >:(

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2008, 05:49:13 pm »
*conforts BB.  We can die together.

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid amazon/usps
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2008, 09:06:05 pm »
Me, I made the mistake of trying to order the CC and preorder Spore. Since Amazon wants to minimize shipping costs, it decided to ship both in September once Spore actually gets released. The problem was that I didn't realize this until I started wondering why I wasn't getting anything in the mail.