Author Topic: Anime Discussion  (Read 52867 times)

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
Anime Discussion
« on: October 05, 2006, 03:10:23 pm »
Based on the fact I tend to ramble on a lot even in the one-word forum games... and have more-than-just-ADHD twists in stuff. I sometimes figure I'm the loopy here.

(Since most people here ignore and/or despise anime and I'm always using it as a reference. Like for game, I think of "Outo Country")
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 05:08:08 am by LadyM »

And with this post, I've opened yet another can of worms.

Friend: I propose a knife fight to decide

Me: But you're the only one of us who carries a knife.

Friend: Correction, four.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Flame Warriors of Gaming Steve forums
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 03:11:47 pm »
Haha you misunderstand.

We despise "aname".

Anime is fine. In moderation.

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 03:50:29 pm »
At least I'm with you on furries.

I used to just ignore it, but a friend was obsessed to the point he wanted me to go to a con as a naked furry.

Now I think Furries are stupid.

And if it's worth anything, I think most mainstream anime that you guys know of is junk.

I hate something the moment it's liscensed with intent to show on CN, CW, Fox, whatever. So when you say "I don't like Inuyasha" I say "My pitchfork is already sharp"

If you leave Narutard-land for a couple moments and go into the dark aisles of your local Anime Seller, you'll either find Hentai (Which is also trash) or something good, like I've heard X is. (Hot girls and Pretty boys blowing **** up around Tokyo like it's the end of the world... Oh yeah, it is.)

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 04:29:02 pm »
meh, I actually like naruto and inuyasha. Furries are kinda dumb, but whatever. I really dont have a local anime seller....

wait what is this thread about, were really off-topic
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 05:49:31 pm »
Is he active enought to be an eagle scout do you think?

I don't think I'm active enough. I would need to have more posts to be considered that.

And I like Inuyasha, but I haven't seen Naruto.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 06:25:47 pm »
Naruto only started getting shown in Australia last week I've already started saying "believe it" Although most of that is because of a canadian friend who has been trying to get me onto Naruto for a while I just haven't been able to because I had to wait for ever to see it. Although their new obsession is some Anime called Bleach which i probably won't find anything more about it for 2 more years.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 08:12:47 pm »
Requsting seperate Anime thread and for all off-topic posts to be moved there.

Also requesting a warrior for self. ;)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Anime Discussion
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 05:08:47 am »
Request granted. Please keep all your anime discussion here.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 09:02:11 am »
I hate anime so much...

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 09:11:51 am »
There is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, little good anime on Danish tv. There are some good ones on German TV though. One Piece springs to mind, since it isn't the American censored version though.

For the most part, I don't actually like anime, but I have watched a lot of anime series anyway. I used to watch Pokemon and Digimon religiously when I was younger, which helped me learn german.

My favourite anime series ever is Azumanga Daioh though.

That doesn't make me any less of a man!

Don't judge me!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 09:41:28 am by Cool AN »

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 09:36:08 am »
me like bleach....

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 10:13:11 am »
Like I've said, the stuff you guys consider anime whether you like it or not are the lowest of the lot normally. Stuff like Bleach, Inuyasha, Yugioh, and Pokemon, all of which are dubbed by 4Kids.

I have no problem with people hating those. Heck, I'm part of the mob. Just leave my Fushigi Yugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Imadoki, Fruits Basket, Cardcaptor Sakura (NOT Cardcaptors), and other CLAMP lovelies out of it.

I think 4Kids should go to **** and Die. Some of those things might have been remotely entertaining if they tried to keep it in the proper young teen age group they're aimed at. But they think cartoons shouldn't be watched if you're over 5 and so everything becomes junk.

Okay, so Inuyasha isn't 4Kids, but I'm not fond of Rumiko. She's contradicted herself so many times. She just has no end in sight, so I cry.

Part of the antipathy is there's 500 million Inuyasha (Character) and Naruto (Anime) cosplayers at my local con every year. Sometimes there's 1, 2, or 3 other floods of a character or anime, but those tend to die down the year after.

Rough Rules:

1. Don't go as Inuyasha or Kagome. Ever. Any other character is okay. (I saw a good Naraku and Miroku there. The Miroku was the recipient of the one word I save for times of anger.)

2. No Naruto Characters. You are not unique by doing the future version either. You'll just stand out more.

3. You may not be any form of Chii or CCS Sakura. Those are too common, no matter how many different outfits they have.

4. You can be any FMA character you want except Ed and... for some reason... Envy

5. Read the anime news. Did a manga get an anime version? Is an Anime officially liscensed? Avoid characters from that. If you want to be part of the flood, use a less-used outfit of a major character. OR you can go as a minor character from the show.

6. Go as someone you want to. Don't go as a group with your friends if you hate the show. Even if you're going to be Kotoko and it would be in-character. (A friend wanted me to be part of his Inuyasha group. Specifically Kagome because he's Inuyasha and has a crush, and when entertaining the idea, I decided to be Sango, IF I must go as any of them) Likewise, don't dress your kid up as a character from a show they don't know of. I keep hearing about the chibi Auron from my friend and I saw a Chibi Gaara (who looked no older than 2)

7. CLAMP is a good source of inspiration. Look at Art Books and some of their older works for some good ideas.

8. Not everything popular is overused

9. EGL is not unique. Only do it as a J-Rocker or Princess Ai. Please.

10. Hugs are worth more than pictures. Photos can be taken by photo whores. Hugs mean the person cares.

---

Those are my rules of Cosplay, I came up with them one day with a Sumomo, a Clow Reed, and a CCS Movie 1 Sakura.

Note: Yes, I seem well versed for shows I don't like. Well, I liked them at first but they just grew too tedious and seemed like sometimes the author hadn't even thought about the end of the arc, let alone show.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 11:48:26 am »
I try to avoiding 4Kids shows by watching most of my anime online, unedited and with original voices.

It's ok, I would never be able to get it here any way, without importing it. Which companies don't seem to like anyways.

PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 12:01:04 pm »
After watching and reading the Hellsing anime/manga, all other anima/manga is obsolete (Except maybe Shuffe! and shows in that vein.) Which is fine with me since I don't really watch anime/read manga anyhow.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 12:02:54 pm »
I have been looking for the Hellsing manga in a while, but I haven't been to find it.