Author Topic: The Fountain  (Read 1410 times)

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
The Fountain
« on: February 16, 2008, 05:59:32 am »
I just watched this this movie, and I highly recommend it for people who want to watch a film that isn't all about blood and guns and like to think, because it really does give you stuff to think about.

It's really hard to explain what it's about, so I'm just going to quote Wikipedia:

The Fountain is a 2006 American science fiction/fantasy film directed by Darren Aronofsky that follows three interwoven narratives that take place in the age of conquistadors, the modern-day period, and the spiritual world of the human soul. The film stars Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz, whose characters' romance exists in all three time periods. The Fountain explores the themes of love and mortality, drawing influences from Mayan mythology. The film is framed with visual language by using transition scenes, light, and shapes.

The soundtrack was composed by Clint Mansell, and is also very good. It's deep and nothing like I've ever heard. Gives you a feeling of sadness/excitement.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:54:22 pm by SmileyMan »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: The Fountain
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:30:14 pm »
Very, very good, a lot easier to take in than Requiem For A Dream, which is better in some ways. I still haven't seen it on a big screen, so I've got that to look forward to.  :)