Author Topic: every time same galaxy?  (Read 5555 times)

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: every time same galaxy?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 02:02:12 pm »
This brings up a lot of other questions, for instance, will the game be set so u always have the advantage? Or will there be races that are smart enough and powerful enough to actually be a threat to you with procedural strategic protocols?
Will Wright, the original.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 02:05:14 pm »
I think that it will be as hard as you want it to be.. anyone can play the sims, but it is very hard to play it wll enough and balance everything to get promothions and keep you aspirations up.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Brat_Boy

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 02:12:04 pm »
I hope there will be a sort of AI Difficulty setting, so that we can decide whether evolving against and conquering other races will be easy or difficult, and whether or not other races might start out a bit ahead. Like whether a past race you created will stay where it is or be limited in advancement until you catch up.
Sonata II Case with 450W Smartpower PSU
Athlon 64 3700+
eVGA 6800 GS @ 500/1.2
2gb Corsair Valueselect
Asus A8N-E

I want Oblivion and Spore. Now.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 02:16:35 pm »
Well, every race will be hard to your creature  in its own way based on personality , vehicles and spiecies
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Rhapsodian Blue

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 02:42:47 pm »
This brings up a lot of other questions, for instance, will the game be set so u always have the advantage? Or will there be races that are smart enough and powerful enough to actually be a threat to you with procedural strategic protocols?

Of course we don't know, but I'd guess you'll only encounter creatures at or below your level of evolution. It would be cool either way, but maybe E3 will have something interesting to say about all of this.

Offline Quantum

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • "I'm just a bean trying to get some sleep..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 10:38:46 pm »
Well, I think it could be quite possible to encounter your previous creatures within the same galaxy.

Look at The Sims, all your households could be in the same neighborhood and you could simply jump from one to the other as you saw fit. While you ran one house, the others would go into stasis for the most part, only changing according to changes your CURRENT household made upon them.

Of course, if the content download system works in the manner I believe it's going to, even if the galaxy is randomly re-created EACH time you start a new creature, then simply go and download your own OLD creature and load it in. (I'm pretty sure this should be possible.)
--Quantum