Very cool love the designs going on here.
Although, I clearly recognise that you are using Photoshop here coloring..hmm scanned sketches. And the technique for colouring...you set the sketch layer above the colour layer and set it to multiply?
And for the shading, blacks and whites in the colour layer or on a seperate layer set on either multiply or screen?
Checking, because I think you could improve much on your colouring. I'm quite the colouring freak right here.
See your avatar there? I know exactly how that was coloured, and I could duplicate that effect easily. Not all to good at the drawing part though.
Yes i am using Photoshop. Theses are my steps
1. Draw in pencil
2. Scan Drawing
3. Contract the pencil darker
4. Re size
5. Crop any black lines at the side from scanning
6. Copy Background
7. Delete background
8. Add new layer
9. Use multiply on pencil layer
10. Color in using soft brushes
11. shade using burn tool.
12. Touch up by erasing or add ing stuff.
13. Sometimes use gradient fill for background.
14. Add text and labels
15. As as JPG
16. Upload to FTP
17. Post here and then Spore Planet and Spore Wiki.
Anywho i am open to suggestions on coloring. What technique do you have in mind?