Author Topic: Unguided Arrow  (Read 10466 times)

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
Re: Unguided Arrow
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2008, 10:34:21 am »
That say what?  Those are tutorials for people who don't know how to play the game.  Also, there are missions and such on the side...  If you want help give us more info...

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 11:23:40 am »
Your THAT mission oriented? Well..... When the expansion comes out with the mission editor it should makes things more interesting for you, especially if it allows you to make missions that string together into a sort of campaign. In the meantime (as I have said before) the achievements and badges should do. (by the way, if you click on a badge it will imprint a "mission" into the upper left corner of the screen, if you click on it it should show what you have to do to get the badge, effectively acting like a mission popup leading you to the next badge in the line or the next tool.) 
"The Finest ship in my estimation that has ever been built or ever will be"- Captain Bertram Hayes, RMS Olympic

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2008, 11:27:30 am »
Your THAT mission oriented? Well..... When the expansion comes out with the mission editor it should makes things more interesting for you, especially if it allows you to make missions that string together into a sort of campaign. In the meantime (as I have said before) the achievements and badges should do. (by the way, if you click on a badge it will imprint a "mission" into the upper left corner of the screen, if you click on it it should show what you have to do to get the badge, effectively acting like a mission popup leading you to the next badge in the line or the next tool.) 

Well it's slated for April (this could change though), so you'll have to wait a while.

I kind of agree in that spore should be a bit more linear as in having some story arcs. They would be completely optional of course. We do need more variety in missions however.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 11:30:33 am »
To me it sounds like he made this up just to get attention if he is really then we really didn't want to know because this is in Spore Section and not Life Section

gec05

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 11:36:34 am »
Most of you guys weren't much help. :-\

Offline DarkPlasma

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2008, 01:39:58 pm »
Right. How about this:
1: View badges
2: View requirements for badges you haven't gotten yet.
3: Fulfill requirements.

Also reach the center of the galaxy at some point.

Once all badges except for joker and hidden badges are unlocked:
4: Destroy all of The Grox.

Offline mrmango786

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • More later, I need to bake this potatoes.
    • View Profile
    • OfAllTheDays
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2008, 02:18:19 pm »
Echoing the majority here: (hear if you want a pun :P)

It's not what most people want.
get an evaluation of your brain.
Poor you.
Get someone to kidnap you and leave you in a distant country. Then you'd be able to get how to do stuff without being told to.
Ofallthedays.com - Post your day today!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/mrmango

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2008, 06:16:07 pm »
I suggest seeking mental help.
Or a ban if you're a troll, which seems like a possibility.  But not the other one.
Hey, I have an idea- get someone without your disorder to play space sandbox style and record in what order they get badges.  Then set your badge goals in that order.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 07:17:48 pm »
1) Make contact with all neighboring empires and greet them respectfully.
2) Run missions for each empire until they are at least a blue face.
4) Obtain the various badges required for max health and energy.
3) Continue doing missions until you have enough money for these upgrades.
4) Do more missions and/or sell spice to get even more money to buy dozens of health and energy packs.
5) Turn off your auto-blaster and make a run for the Center of the Galaxy. Use the pause button to attempt to map a route as you get closer.
6) ???
7) Profit!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 06:24:15 am »
     You could always work on ridding your entire galactic arm of every single civilization you meet. A harder alternative would be to simply erase all forms of foreign life altogether, as in planet-busting every single habitable planet you find. The result would be pretty interesting. 8)

gec05

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »
Echoing the majority here: (hear if you want a pun :P)

It's not what most people want.
get an evaluation of your brain.
Poor you.
Get someone to kidnap you and leave you in a distant country. Then you'd be able to get how to do stuff without being told to.

I suggest seeking mental help.
Or a ban if you're a troll, which seems like a possibility.  But not the other one.

Can we please discontinue any further discussion of mental help and treatment? I find your comments to be very disrespectful and rude. This goes to everyone who made such comments.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2008, 07:44:20 pm »
I think they're being legitimate. Such strong a need for numerical order for things, especially life, is not normal. It could be ADHD, OCD, or whatever, but he perhaps should look into speaking with a therapist to look into diagnosing anything he may have, and just to see if he/she can help him sort out his troubles.

Needless to say, many of the comments were worded rudely, so I take your point.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2008, 07:52:21 pm »
Okay enough with this stupid joke. It's not funny.
SporeBuck is just making it all up for attention.... look at his posts and the responses he got.

I had already given him an answer, as did several other people, and I even numbered mine like he asked but still he later said:
I just don't know what to do. I'm so confused.

If he needs an arrow to point him towards answers to his own question, then he really needs to be in a mental hospital.
But now this just seems like a bad troll attempt... :-\

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2008, 08:56:02 pm »
I think it may be an attempt at trolling, too. Space may be partially unguided (your homeworld gives you goals in the beginning), but it's not really confusing. You're supposed to do whatever you want, as there is no end. Thus, you can't have steps, because steps lead to an end.

gec05

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2008, 08:59:25 pm »
Well believe it or not, some people can be very disoriented, despite how easy it is to us.

But I don't think it be fair to call him a troll.