Author Topic: Free Creature Parts in New Patch.  (Read 14555 times)

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Free Creature Parts in New Patch.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2008, 09:48:27 pm »
Why do you people even bother to post anymore? Your enthusiasm really serves no purpose to the topic since updates can only have so much at a time.

Your complaining really needs to be turned into something constructive. :-\
Yeah, well I hardly hear any bright ideas from these guys. :P

You know what, Gec?
You're right.

I'll start off by being constructive enough to petition Gaming Steve about how you should no longer be a moderator because of your whiny, judgmental, and egotistical attitude in these forums.

Does that work for you? Because it sounds good to me.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2008, 09:51:49 pm »
Are you trying to get yourself whacked with the banstick (or maybe just the trout)?

Although I think you were bieng sarcastic (which as everybody knows, does not transmit well over the internet).

Offline mrmango786

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • More later, I need to bake this potatoes.
    • View Profile
    • OfAllTheDays
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2008, 09:58:58 pm »
FREEPARTS?! LIES! This is maxis, for sure it will have a small fee attached to it!

Awesome, looking forward to this

That would be EA.
Ofallthedays.com - Post your day today!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/mrmango

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2008, 10:23:10 pm »
Are you trying to get yourself whacked with the banstick (or maybe just the trout)?

Although I think you were bieng sarcastic (which as everybody knows, does not transmit well over the internet).

I simply want Gec to act more like a moderator and less like an opinionated jerk.
He is way too judgmental in his posts, and I want him to realize that.

I'm sure Steve wouldn't want him insulting his forum members like that.

And I don't really care what kind of fishsticks Gec throws at me.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2008, 10:57:05 pm »

I simply want Gec to act more like a moderator and less like an opinionated jerk.
He is way too judgmental in his posts, and I want him to realize that.

I'm sure Steve wouldn't want him insulting his forum members like that.

And I don't really care what kind of fishsticks Gec throws at me.

Well i am questioning if Steve is even aware of anything anymore. Good mods like LadyM work so hard to keep things fun, organized and civil yet he doesn't seem to care. In short let LadyM know she has done a good job all these years leading up to Spore by leaving her a kind PM or e-mail note saying so.

gec05

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2008, 11:09:50 pm »
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Take it easy.

I merely pointed out a way to channel your opinion on Spore. Who's acting like the jerk here?

I'm expressing my opinion as a fellow member, mods are free to have them too. I'm not here to put any ban hammers on anyone.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 11:13:21 pm by Gec »

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2008, 12:20:58 am »
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Take it easy.

I merely pointed out a way to channel your opinion on Spore. Who's acting like the jerk here?

I'm expressing my opinion as a fellow member, mods are free to have them too. I'm not here to put any ban hammers on anyone.

Don't worry, I am not really going to "report you." I know you wouldn't go around banning people you don't like (otherwise I'd probably be banned already).

I understand you have an opinion, too. But you constantly undermine anyone with complaints about Spore, rather than simply just disagreeing. And I can see that coming from someone who doesn't post a lot here, but a person with 5000+ posts AND a moderator to boot... it's just kind of insulting, as if we're not allowed to have complaints.

Like your post earlier "well I hardly hear any bright ideas from these guys." It's not like we can help Maxis with their patches... if I could, I DEFINITELY would, And I would make this game awesome in the meanwhile!
I'm a programmer and if I had Spore's source code I really could work on it.
I'm a mean bug-finder and if I could just look at the code, I could help them out. And oh how I wish I could.

But that's not reality. EA and Maxis wouldn't let me touch the game, let alone give me a piece of the code.
All we really have is our complaints so that we can let Maxis know there are definitely problems to work out.

Without complaints, how would anyone know they are doing something wrong? It can't always be praises.

That's all I want you to understand.

Even though I'm constantly criticizing their patches, I'm always hoping that the next one will be great.
I'm just sick of being disappointed.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2008, 12:53:59 am »
just kind of insulting, as if we're not allowed to have complaints.

I don't post too often anymore, but I do tend to read a bit, and I haven't found a post of yours that wasn't essentially one of two posts:

* "Who gives a rat's ass about {?topic at hand}, I have problems with Spore that I will again renumerate in detail from my previous posts, if these aren't fixed EA should kill themselves, then throw themselves into a fire, and then die in a fire"

* "Spore totally would have been undeniably, unarguably a better game if Spore had done the opposite of {?topic at hand}. I don't care if it would have made the game unpopular, or less accessable.

Instead of complaining that you're being persecuted for having complaints, maybe try making it so it doesn't look like you're intentially defecating into every single thread you post in.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2008, 03:27:27 am »
From the first page...

Maxis has got to be one of the best at connecting with and listening to thier playerbase.

Wait, what?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2008, 05:51:35 am »
From the first page...

Maxis has got to be one of the best at connecting with and listening to thier playerbase.

Wait, what?

I mean Public Relations. They are pretty good at it. Certainly far better than Sony Entertainment of Star Wars Galaxies fame.

@Bluelightning: I really wasn't trying or asking you to get banned, I was just questioning your motives and saying 'what are you trying to do??'.

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2008, 08:28:52 am »
Blulightning has been the mostly constrictive in his criticisms. Granted, he almost always has criticisms, but I have always felt they have been constructive. Criticisms do not necessarily have to be unconstructive by default.

But Gec is a member here as he always was, and I think he can say  watever he wants on matters. Its his opinion, and there is no rule that says we have to agree with mods!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:31:46 am by Null »

gec05

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2008, 09:20:05 am »
Without complaints, how would anyone know they are doing something wrong? It can't always be praises.

Yeah, but you really shouldn't defecate on their efforts and say they should burn and die. It took them years to develop this game. Gameplay and content had to wait. ;)

I understand you have an opinion, too. But you constantly undermine anyone with complaints about Spore, rather than simply just disagreeing. And I can see that coming from someone who doesn't post a lot here, but a person with 5000+ posts AND a moderator to boot... it's just kind of insulting, as if we're not allowed to have complaints.

I'm just disappointed by the fact that you feel that way just because of my post count and status. :(

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2008, 09:51:56 am »
Geez, dude, chill out. Just because Gec is a mod doesn't mean he instantly shouldn't be entitled to an opinion. And it's not like he uses his mod powers to enforce that. All he ever does is try to keep stuff civil. The only person whining is you. Stop overreacting.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2008, 11:53:59 am »

Yeah, but you really shouldn't defecate on their efforts and say they should burn and die. It took them years to develop this game. Gameplay and content had to wait. ;)

I'm just disappointed by the fact that you feel that way just because of my post count and status. :(

No, I think you're misunderstanding this.

First, I never said Maxis should burn and die, that was some other dude above who has absolutely no clue what he's talking about.

And second, It's not really about your post count or status, I feel that way because you really do undermine people with your posts, but because of your status, I believe you should find a more constructive way to post your opinions.
I mean the first time you posted about people being more constructive was fine, but then you went on to say that the people criticizing Spore 'hardly have any bright ideas' which really is undermining anyone with complaints in a very demeaning manner.

And for example: You took what someone else said about me thinking Maxis should burn and die, when obviously what I actually said is: While I'm critical of their mistakes, I am always hoping and knowing that they can do better then they have done recently.

The dude who posted about them burning and dying is an idiot, and I think he was probably just reflecting his own attitude towards Maxis onto me... or something.

But we are way off topic here.... Sorry guys.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:56:44 am by Blulightning »

Offline DarkPlasma

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2008, 01:47:15 pm »
Bluelightning, the problem is not that you're complaining, but that you keep repeating the same complaints over and over again. A lot of the time you don't give the reason that you're complaining when you do either, making your "I'm not interested. I still won't buy the Creepy and Cute pack." post seem like plain trolling. So it just gets really, really annoying.