Author Topic: 2016 Election  (Read 91097 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Elections
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2015, 04:06:36 pm »
Quote from: twitter
In Britain, due to Muslim pressure groups, our Prime Minister is no longer allowed to **** pigs. #TrumpFacts
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2015, 05:23:04 pm »
The sad thing is that, despite everything he's said, I'd still rather have Trump in the white house than Hillary.

Trump does not compromise. There is no way he will manage to put forth even moderate versions of any of these radical crazy person ideas. Hillary, on the other hand, is a feminist. She has far better chances of being able to screw up everything.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2015, 08:07:53 pm »
I want to live in the reality you live in.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2015, 08:32:22 pm »
Someone you disagree with on the issues but who is capable of doing the job, vs someone who is absolutely unqualified for the position and seems to be trying to prove that with every passing day.

But Trump isn't going to be the Republicans' nominee, so it's not a choice you'll have to make.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:10:03 pm by Inkling »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2015, 08:50:54 pm »
I want to live in the reality you live in.

It's nice here, if you can get past all the padding.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2015, 12:44:44 am »
The sad thing is that, despite everything he's said, I'd still rather have Trump in the white house than Hillary.

Then you're dumber than Trump is.

Seriously. Read back what you just wrote and then go and sit in a corner and think about what you've done you dummy.

Trump does not compromise. There is no way he will manage to put forth even moderate versions of any of these radical crazy person ideas. Hillary, on the other hand, is a feminist. She has far better chances of being able to screw up everything.

So you're not a feminist I suppose? You don't believe in things like women having the right to vote, or being paid the same as men? Because that's what feminism is.

No, I don't care what some 14 year old on tumblr said. No, not that fat lesbian that lives on a commune in San Francisco either. Wake up dude, pretty much every reasonable person in this day and age is a feminist. 

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2015, 02:20:56 am »
Wake up dude, pretty much every reasonable person in this day and age is a feminist.

There's a difference between a belief in equality and feminism. Most feminists might say all they ask for is equality, and in any feminist positions which actually accomplish this, I can readily agree. But feminism tends to get pretty extreme, sometimes becoming quite vindictive toward men (or even fellow women, if they're attractive enough). I wouldn't expect a reasonable person to say that men are trained from birth to commit rape, yet that's a common feminist belief.

A good example are proposed restrictions on advertising which features female sexuality. They seem to have no issue with oversexualized male advertisement, but female models apparently objectify women. The real fact of the matter is that it comes down to statistics. Marketing is based on surveys and studies and numbers and the prominent use of sexual female models is really because women respond more positively on average to female models than males responding to male models. Besides, not only is modeling a successful industry, it's also well paid, and isn't feminism supposed to want more and better paid jobs for women, not fewer and worse? Wait, I forgot. That's because Feminism isn't meant to help successful women. It's designed to hurt them in order to help the feminists.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2015, 03:08:10 am »
He's right that Clinton is a lot more likely to get unConstitutional stuff through the Supreme Court than Trump is. He'd rather have a lame duck president than one that's cutting away at the Bill of Rights.

Wake up dude, pretty much every reasonable person in this day and age is a feminist. 

Not a winner anymore.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 09, 2015, 04:08:46 am »

There's a difference between a belief in equality and feminism. Most feminists might say all they ask for is equality, and in any feminist positions which actually accomplish this, I can readily agree. But feminism tends to get pretty extreme, sometimes becoming quite vindictive toward men (or even fellow women, if they're attractive enough). I wouldn't expect a reasonable person to say that men are trained from birth to commit rape, yet that's a common feminist belief.

A good example are proposed restrictions on advertising which features female sexuality. They seem to have no issue with oversexualized male advertisement, but female models apparently objectify women. The real fact of the matter is that it comes down to statistics. Marketing is based on surveys and studies and numbers and the prominent use of sexual female models is really because women respond more positively on average to female models than males responding to male models. Besides, not only is modeling a successful industry, it's also well paid, and isn't feminism supposed to want more and better paid jobs for women, not fewer and worse? Wait, I forgot. That's because Feminism isn't meant to help successful women. It's designed to hurt them in order to help the feminists.

Look do not generalize the feminist movement like that. Your making a lot of claims of a opposing side without actually having there say in the matter. I have seen a lot of straw mens of feminist and it is getting tirering. The people I know that call them self feminist do not fit at all in with your description.

Yet a lot of people that I come across that attack feminism often are very misogynistic. And that I find very worrying. I find it very worrying that this also seem to be some acceptable norm on the internet. That women should be treated as lesser people. And anyone defending women's right is ether a feminazi or a misguided white knight.

That being said. There bad people on who call them self feminist to. People that not only seem to use the feminist platform for just personal gains, but also hurt the fight for equality as a whole. And hurt the feminist movement it self. But we should not judge a book by it cover. If you say your a mans activist then I will not assume your are misogynistic without first hearing what you have to say on the matter.

Just hear the other side out. Do not generalise. Be open and keep the discussion open and polite.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #354 on: December 09, 2015, 04:10:42 am »
Trump does not compromise.

This is one of his worst traits. Compromise is very important and what is sorely lacking right now in American (and other) politics.

Also what Yokto said. I give the so-called crazy feminists a lot of crap, but I do so mostly because they make it harder for the rational actors seeking a better world to be heard.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 09, 2015, 05:36:41 am »
I'm continuing this in the Politics thread since it's not specifically pertinent to the election and is distracting from valuable sal****er Trump****ching.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #356 on: December 09, 2015, 06:12:44 am »
salt water trump ____ ching

Gonna need an assist with this one.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 09, 2015, 08:45:11 am »
Trumpt watching

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2015, 08:46:45 am »
l-lewd

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile